Question for Ladies: Big Muscles or Lean & Cut

Options
I have a friend of mine who embarked on his 'get fit' journey around the same time I did. His method is spending about 90 minutes 5 days a week on the weights. He looks good now, he was very overweight when he started but has thinned out and built up quite a bit of muscle mass... My goal was to actually go lean and trim (still with muscle) and my workouts are shorter. I lift weights for about 30 minutes twice a week with no rest between exercises and I run about 10-15 miles/week split between two days. I also went through month #1 of the Insanity workout program and incorporate the Month #2 workouts into my plan about once per week. Obviously, my results are very different than his but we both look much better than when we started. We have discussed many times whether women prefer the big bulky muscle type or the smaller lean and cut type of body on a man. I know everyone has their preferences, but more of a generalization. I used to be thick and I didn't get nearly the attention from women that I get now.... Ladies what are your thoughts?

This is my before/after pictures - this past February to now.
Capture.png

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    depends on the guy. My boyfriend looks more like you.... but muscley guys aren't unattractive -- Just so they're not too big!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    as long as you dont have that look with the scrawny chicken legs and well developed upper body, I'm OK with either big muscles or lean and cut.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    On looks alone, I'm more into lean and fit than big and muscular.
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I like muscles, but not the juicing, bodybuilder ones. Love to squeeze a good bicep!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I like the inbetween. I don't like huge muscles...like bulging. Arm muscles are pretty hot though. Abs are always nice too.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I prefer big muscles... not exactly XBOXHUGE but noticeably bigger than the "toned" guys who often get flaunted around the media as having the body women are supposed to somehow universally agree on.
  • Cravepain
    Cravepain Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I actually don't care much for muscles on a guy, at least not really visible ones. I like there to be a bit of meat but also toned, pretty much somewhere in between your two images.
  • f4bul0us
    f4bul0us Posts: 19
    Options
    lean and cut 100%
  • dianniejt
    dianniejt Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Lean and cut!!
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Lean and cut generally.
  • Givingitagdgo
    Options
    I dont think it matters-depends on the guy and what works for him. For me I couldnt be doing with one of those scary bodybuilding types who are massive though. Firstly they tend to be a bit too into it and lets be honest surely no girl wants to date a guy with bigger boobs than her... :)
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    Hmmmm.... where's the photo of your friend?!
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Lean and cut for the most part. I don't mind big muscles on tall men, but for the average height of male, I prefer lean and cut to bulk. I think it comes down to looking proportionate.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Big muscles :) I dunno why. I just love em.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    why not be big, muscular, and cut.

These false dichotomy questions are always so dumb.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Lean and cut, for sure.
  • cantwaitk8
    cantwaitk8 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Lean & Cut
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I prefer lean/trim and well defined...overly-muscled isn't usually all that attractive to me.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Depends on the guy but I'm definitely leaning towards big muscles but still cut. I like feeling really tiny in comparison. :P

There are so many different preferences so why don't you just go for what you would prefer for yourself? A lot of men don't seem to prefer women who are very muscular but thats what I really like so thats my goal.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Depends on the guy but I'm definitely leaning towards big muscles but still cut. I like feeling really tiny in comparison. :P

There are so many different preferences so why don't you just go for what you would prefer for yourself? A lot of men don't seem to prefer women who are very muscular but thats what I really like so thats my goal.
    All of this. All of it.