Question for Ladies: Big Muscles or Lean & Cut

Options

Replies

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Depends on the guy, but you look like you're doing great.

You need to do what makes you happy, you're the one that sees yourself in the mirror everyday.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I'm still curious specifically what you women who say 'lean and cut' mean. Or 'lots of muscle'.

So I took 2 minutes and snagged some pictures:

LeanThin1.jpg
    Body type 1 - Lean thin.

leanbuff.jpg
    Body type 2 - Lean buff.

buff.jpg
    Body type 3 - Buff.

huge.jpg
    Body type 4 - Monster lol.

My personal goal is somewhere between 2, and 3...probably slightly closer to 2...but with the bodyfat % of 3.

Also understand, all of these pictures represent pretty low bodyfat guys...some of us of course may not want to maintain that kind of bodyfat level.

Ladies?
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    I'm still curious specifically what you women who say 'lean and cut' mean. Or 'lots of muscle'.

LeanThin1.jpg
    Body type 1 - Lean thin.

leanbuff.jpg
    Body type 2 - Lean buff.

buff.jpg
    Body type 3 - Buff.

huge.jpg

My personal goal is somewhere between 2, and 3...probably slightly closer to 2...but with the bodyfat % of 3.

Also understand, all of these pictures represent pretty low bodyfat guys...some of us of course may not want to maintain that kind of bodyfat level.

Ladies?

Two :smile:
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I don't like it when guys look like they spend hours upon hours at the gym. If you are lean and cut, yet natural, then that's my favorite. So you look great! Keep up the fantastic work!

Guy 1 is my ideal, but 2 is good too :)
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I like big brolic muscular dudes so 3 and 4 are more of my type. 1 and 2 are a little too lean for my liking
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    1, 2, or 3 for me... Fav is probably two... But I doubt I'd kick any of em outta bed for eating crackers...
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    2 and 3...yes, please!! :wink:
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options

leanbuff.jpg
    Body type 2 - Lean buff.

^^^^ two please
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It really does depend on the guy and his "natural build". Both are great with the exception of the so overly muscled they have lost their necks and waist!!! I personally prefer someone who is active...hiking, swimming, sports, etc. So toned and/or muscled makes no difference to me!
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Somewhere between 1 and 2. One's a bit scrawny and 2 is a bit too bulky in the upper front quadrant.
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options

^^^^This
    A bit more body fat on 2 would be perfect but I wouldn't kick 3 out of bed.. :wink:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I don't like it when guys look like they spend hours upon hours at the gym. If you are lean and cut, yet natural, then that's my favorite. So you look great! Keep up the fantastic work!

Guy 1 is my ideal, but 2 is good too :)

Realize that the first three body types are achievable with little more than 3hrs a week in the gym...though it takes more time overall (still dedicating only 3hrs a week or so) to get to the bigger sizes assuming you're not naturally there.

So don't let that dissuade you if you're worried on that front :).
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I prefer big guys, with quite a bit of muscle, but not too much fat (I don't find big stomachs attractive)
    Anywhere from lean/ripped to slightly chubby is fine by me, preferably somewhere in the middle.

From the 4 examples, all are somewhat attractive to me (none are unattractive) I'd go for 3 as my favourite though.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

LeanThin1.jpg
    Body type 1 - Lean thin.

leanbuff.jpg
    Body type 2 - Lean buff.

buff.jpg
    Body type 3 - Buff.

huge.jpg

Ladies?

This was helpful. I am married so not really concerned with what other women find attractive but I have been working really hard to get down to #1 with an ultimate goal of getting close to #2. I also agree it is possible to do with 3-5 hours per week in the gym so I would caution some of the women on here to not automatically dismiss anyone that looks like this as an ego roid using gym rat.
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    BUFF & MONSTER .... i just had a umm yeah
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options

LeanThin1.jpg
    Body type 1 - Lean thin.

This one :happy:
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    thanks to this topic sparking my interest in how women really feel about it,anyone care to comment on my profile pic(s)? i have lost alot of weight which was my first goal,now i am working on building muscle which had just started to show a little bit in my most recent picture on here. too skinny? not enough muscle? i'm doing my own thing either way,i would love to hear comments good or bad though,as long as it's honest, i can take it. thanks :)

I think you look great - nice work :smile:
    Maybe a little more definition in your arms if you're looking for something to work on though
  • KLovesTy
    KLovesTy Posts: 37
    Options
    I like big and muscular the best. makes me feel safe. I don't know about others, but my husband is more on the thick muscular side and thats what I like.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Bachelor #1 please!:love: hubba hubba
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    hmm... 1 is a bit thin but not too bad. Something bugs me about 2, I just don't like him? 3 is a little too bulky. I need better pics cris!