Question for Ladies: Big Muscles or Lean & Cut

Options

Replies

• shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Lean & cut. There is such thing as TOO much muscle.
  • Maximumresults
    Options
    be yourself, that's sexiest and preferred imo
  • AwesomeOne66
    AwesomeOne66 Posts: 220
    Options
    Lean & cut all the way, boys...
    Add a cheeky smile and bedroom eyes and you're on a winner!!!
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Bumping for curiosity sake
  • obwize
    obwize Posts: 102
    Options
    Shirt off I like big, but not if the muscles get in the way of natural movement. But with clothes on, lean and cut all the way. Suits will fit better, and fitted suits are quite sexy on a man.
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for well defined muscles, and well developed pecs and shoulders, decent abs (without looking too sectioned or distended), with a nice V shape overall. Very "Men's Health cover". I lift heavy, so I appreciate a guy who does, too, and look the part. But that's the ideal, much like how some guys' ideal is a Victoria's Secret model.

As long as a guy is fairly strong and in half-decent shape, I can be attracted to him. Ronnie Coleman-types, scrawny hipsters, and guys who are practically as round as they are tall need not apply (and this is why I currently do not date. I would not be attracted to the male version of my current self, nor do I expect my male ideal to be attracted to me).
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I have a friend of mine who embarked on his 'get fit' journey around the same time I did. His method is spending about 90 minutes 5 days a week on the weights. He looks good now, he was very overweight when he started but has thinned out and built up quite a bit of muscle mass... My goal was to actually go lean and trim (still with muscle) and my workouts are shorter. I lift weights for about 30 minutes twice a week with no rest between exercises and I run about 10-15 miles/week split between two days. I also went through month #1 of the Insanity workout program and incorporate the Month #2 workouts into my plan about once per week. Obviously, my results are very different than his but we both look much better than when we started. We have discussed many times whether women prefer the big bulky muscle type or the smaller lean and cut type of body on a man. I know everyone has their preferences, but more of a generalization. I used to be thick and I didn't get nearly the attention from women that I get now.... Ladies what are your thoughts?

This is my before/after pictures - this past February to now.
    Capture.png

I definitely prefer your build (before AND after) than a man with huge muscles, that is a real turn off for me. Toned and defined is good, so is a little bit of squidgy too! :wink:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the Matthew mcconaguey look myself - so not huge, but strong and cut.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I like bigger muscles.

But, do what you want. "Other people's opinions of you are none of your business." Sculpting yourself to get female attention is just as dumb as a woman dieting only to get male attention. Motivation should come from within. Find the look YOU want. Go for it. (and you don't need to spend 90mins a day 5 days a week to get bigger muscles).
  • ollyflo
    ollyflo Posts: 3
    Options
    Definitely lean! One look at the big guys and ladies think big muscles no brains. Keep it lean
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Both are great and don't discount all that hard work has probably boosted your confidence too. Confidence is attractive too.

Best answer so far.

I agree, I like both, but if it gets excessive, I'm going to wonder about steroid use, and if I think a man is using steroids, I want nothing to do with him. I can be annoying sometimes, for my own safety, I avoid people prone to roidrage! :laugh:
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    personally I like lean and MUSCULAR as opposed to big muscles with a beer belly (oh wait, that's because someone is bulking...whatever...)

At the gym I go to this guy has huge biceps because that's pretty much what he does all hour in the gym and chugs a huge container of a "fat burning muscle building" protein shake. Ridiculous. He also has a huge beer belly or maybe it's a protein shake belly.

He needs to put down the protein shake and stop doing all those damn bicep curls. He definately has my attention in a very BAD way. I want to vomit everytime I see him. SOunds harsh but it's true.

Now the guys that are muscular yet lean....HOT.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.... where's the photo of your friend?!

This! You look great tho!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Inbetween. Pretty damned muscular, but no Arnold :wink:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My husband's goal is to look like Wolverine in the later X-Men movies. I guess that's a little more on the lean side. But, I also enjoy The Rock, who is bigger. So, I guess it just depends on the guy.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I can NOT stand big bulky muscles... I think it is GROSS.
    I like a thinner guy with definition... and some muscles... but over done is over done... I don't care what way you look at it..
    But I guess it all depends on the person... beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

By the way you look great.. Good job!!

Let's please not use GROSS to describe something YOU may not prefer... it might be someones goals on here to have big muscles..and thats their business...

as for the question..its too complicated...YES and YES!!! both can be quite attractive...um i think this thread needs more evidence for my perusal.
  • GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options
    I like my thick guys. Biceps are a definite turn on. As long as it doesn't look like he uses roids or spends 40 a week in the gym, I'm happy. Lean and cut guys are good looking. But I just tend to want to put food in their mouths.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    You look great! :smile:

I can appreciate all types of men, but if I could build my ideal man, he would be tall with big muscles. Maybe that's because I'm a big girl, though.... and something about a big guy makes me feel more feminine and smaller....
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Visible muscles do nothing for me if there's no power behind them. I don't care about looks. I like powerfully strong men. I'm a big, strong woman. I don't need a pansy with pretty abs.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Somewhere in between...I dated a bodybuilder and him eating chicken all the time and being so obsessed with his own muscles was annoying but that has to do more with his ego-centric personality than anything. I would say lean with some good muscle tone but I don't like really skinny guys either...