Question for Ladies: Big Muscles or Lean & Cut

Options

Replies

• ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I like both but prefer the bulky muscles. My husband has the Bill Goldberg look.

LOL wow i havent seen that name in awhile... I used to like watching him on WCW He was a maniac
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    okay, what would this guy be? his body looks pretty good..

Hot-guy.jpg
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I prefer something in between #1 and #2. I like David Beckham's body. The Pic of Brad Pitt is quite yummy too. :smokin:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    hmm... 1 is a bit thin but not too bad. Something bugs me about 2, I just don't like him? 3 is a little too bulky. I need better pics cris!

His lower abdominal area bugs me lol. Cover from his bellybutton down...and you'll feel better about him lol.
  • NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Ay yi yi...making me choose like this....geesh!
    I like strong shoulders and of course muscular chest and arms and abs.....whew-is it getting hot in here?

I think I tend to go for lean and cut vs. muscular. I'm honestly not opposed to muscular though ;)
  • Beana21
    Beana21 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

leanbuff.jpg
    Body type 2 - Lean buff.

This is most attractive to me. Looks healthy and strong but not strong as in "I lift things up and put them down." I'm a big girl and probably will be for a while until I thin out and get stronger. I don't want to worry about breaking a thin guy.

I dated a number 3 for a while but he spent a lot of time in the gym and was pretty damn vain about his appearance. Coincidentally he started to have permanent joint and muscle problems from doing too much lifting so he had to cut back drastically.
  • NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm still curious specifically what you women who say 'lean and cut' mean. Or 'lots of muscle'.

So I took 2 minutes and snagged some pictures:

LeanThin1.jpg
    Body type 1 - Lean thin.

leanbuff.jpg
    Body type 2 - Lean buff.

buff.jpg
    Body type 3 - Buff.

huge.jpg
    Body type 4 - Monster lol.

My personal goal is somewhere between 2, and 3...probably slightly closer to 2...but with the bodyfat % of 3.

Also understand, all of these pictures represent pretty low bodyfat guys...some of us of course may not want to maintain that kind of bodyfat level.

Ladies?

That's for the visuals! #2 is for sure ideal.....yup. =)
  • Silverkittycat
    Options
    hmm... 1 is a bit thin but not too bad. Something bugs me about 2, I just don't like him? 3 is a little too bulky. I need better pics cris!

His lower abdominal area bugs me lol. Cover from his bellybutton down...and you'll feel better about him lol.

Exactly! He looks good when I cover it! :P
    Although a 2.5 wouldn't be bad. ;)
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    buff.jpg
    Body type 3 - Buff.

This one. Something about that shoulder muscle really really gets me.
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    How about a combination? Doesn't answer your question but somewhere in between is GREAT!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Body type 2 ! For sure!!
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    Deeefinitely lean and trim. That's just me though. Other women might have different preferences. You're hot. lol :)
  • Silverkittycat
    Options
    This guy might be on the skinny side but he looks GOOD!

male-model-in-shower.jpg
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    thanks to this topic sparking my interest in how women really feel about it,anyone care to comment on my profile pic(s)? i have lost alot of weight which was my first goal,now i am working on building muscle which had just started to show a little bit in my most recent picture on here. too skinny? not enough muscle? i'm doing my own thing either way,i would love to hear comments good or bad though,as long as it's honest, i can take it. thanks :)

I think you look great - nice work :smile:
    Maybe a little more definition in your arms if you're looking for something to work on though

thanks, i'm currently working on shoulders,arms, and obliques mainly (along with full body workouts) but it is nice to hear i'm doing well along with sugestions of what i personally have felt i need to be working on,that means i should be on the right track :smile:
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Lean and cut for sure. Big muscley guys just looks weird to me. Then again, my boyfriend is a couch potato so it isn't really my top priority in a guy.
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Lean & cut, I'm not attracted to men who look like the hulk!
  • CoCoBean14
    CoCoBean14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Somewhere around a 2 probably, I agree with you that the lower part of his abs look weird....

My boyfriend's approximately a #2, so I'm all about it ;)
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    thanks to this topic sparking my interest in how women really feel about it,anyone care to comment on my profile pic(s)? i have lost alot of weight which was my first goal,now i am working on building muscle which had just started to show a little bit in my most recent picture on here. too skinny? not enough muscle? i'm doing my own thing either way,i would love to hear comments good or bad though,as long as it's honest, i can take it. thanks :)

I think you look great - nice work :smile:
    Maybe a little more definition in your arms if you're looking for something to work on though

thanks, i'm currently working on shoulders,arms, and obliques mainly (along with full body workouts) but it is nice to hear i'm doing well along with sugestions of what i personally have felt i need to be working on,that means i should be on the right track :smile:

Second. Also, you have a cute face, it should feature in more of your pics :wink:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Somewhere around a 2 probably, I agree with you that the lower part of his abs look weird....

My boyfriend's approximately a #2, so I'm all about it ;)

I figured out that it's actually not his body that is weird...it's that his pants are buttoned but 6" too low on his hips. Makes him look like a mutant.

Anyhow, for the record...getting to body type 4 wouldn't be too hard for me, as my family is genetically predisposed to heavy muscle. Take my little brother for example:

2165291.jpg

5'9" and well over 220lbs, with very minimal work necessary to get there. I'm 5'7", and 190lbs as I sit...180lbs in the pictures I posted previously.

Anyway, I always find these threads interesting. It looks like 2-3 is most preferred, with 1-2 coming in close second. Pretty typical of these threads that I've seen.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I would take pics 2-4. Maybe 2 at a time. Thanks.