Replies

• SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Both are great!
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Both are good. It shows he takes care of himself. Good job, you look great!~
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I can NOT stand big bulky muscles... I think it is GROSS.
    I like a thinner guy with definition... and some muscles... but over done is over done... I don't care what way you look at it..
    But I guess it all depends on the person... beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

By the way you look great.. Good job!!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Both are great and don't discount all that hard work has probably boosted your confidence too. Confidence is attractive too.
  • jennaryan1205
    jennaryan1205 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Honey- You look great! Do what makes YOU feel best!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Lean and cut!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to the contrasting body type you're talking about as well.

I don't feel I fall under the 'lean and cut' body type (no pun intended with this picture lol):

fight-club.jpg

But I also don't fit the bulky body builder type either.

7434194_4338.jpg7434194_7770.jpg

It IS however, always interesting seeing what the ladies think. In my past experience (I started a thread like this over a year ago...but with three body types), more muscular than I am (but not body builder big) has won out...but there's always a large percentage who prefer Brad as he looked above.
  • auriaya
    auriaya Posts: 4
    Options
    Simultaneously having big muscles and cut, but this takes a year+ of bulking and cutting effort. Lean is ok but I hate to see things like chicken legs and defined abs but zero pecs. Big muscles are also cool but 18% or higher bodyfat is pushing it. I am also interested in overall strength but I'm probably in the minority on that one.

It doesn't matter what us ladies think though, your body is your own. Consult your mirror for guidance.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Simultaneously having big muscles and cut, but this takes a year+ of bulking and cutting effort. Lean is ok but I hate to see things like chicken legs and defined abs but zero pecs. Big muscles are also cool but 18% or higher bodyfat is pushing it. I am also interested in overall strength but I'm probably in the minority on that one.

It doesn't matter what us ladies think though, your body is your own. Consult your mirror for guidance.

What qualifies as acceptable overall strength?

:)
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Personal preference is lean and cut. You look amazing!!
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    lean and cut!!! i don't like big muscles, i mean they are sexy and it feels...protective :) but i figured that for some reason i don't trust a bulky guy too much :)
    but between fat and skinny guy i would always always choose to date fat guy!!
  • Jotell
    Jotell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Big macho men are not my thing. I like them cut and trim with a little muscle. Abs are always nice. :) I would deff say, you would be the type I would go for. Great job on the work outs and getting fit journey!
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    My preference is also lean and cut, though I can appreciate the work that goes in to massive body building too.
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    I used to be thick and I didn't get nearly the attention from women that I get now.... Ladies what are your thoughts?

You kinda answered your own question yea?

How about just concentrating on becoming the fitness and heathiest you can be and not worry about doing this for anybody else bar yourself?
  • gonnabethinandfit
    gonnabethinandfit Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, a guy with big muscles is nice to stare at, but I probably wouldn't approach one at a bar. They just don't often give off a very humble, boyfriend-material vibe. However, if I met a lean & cut guy and while we were together he decides he wants to bulk up, I would definitely not oppose.. I don't know, it's all in the face, hair, and style for me.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I am no fan of muscles, I also don't like "lean and cut"

so neither?

When I met my husband he was so thin he seemed breakable.

A little "meat" is fine. so i guess that's my preference.
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to the contrasting body type you're talking about as well.

I don't feel I fall under the 'lean and cut' body type (no pun intended with this picture lol):

fight-club.jpg
    t...but there's always a large percentage who prefer Brad as he looked above.

In my humble opinion...Tyler Durden is Brad's sexiest character EVARRRRRRRR.
    I love his bod in that movie.
  • auriaya
    auriaya Posts: 4
    Options
    What qualifies as acceptable overall strength?

:)

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.html

Intermediate and up!
  • FitMomHeatherDawn
    Options
    Bigger is better to a point, but some women just like guys less muscular and cut. I have noticed that sometimes it seems women are intimidated by men who are more muscular and I often wonder if that is why they tend to in real life go for men who are less developed. Just a theory :)