Walking With Pedometers

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Hi Calliecat,
    This thread is about competing with yourself and it looks like you increased your steps today. super:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Calliecat, so glad you joined our group. Not to worry, your progress is miles ahead of many
    others. You're out there doing it and the steps will be adding up in no time. :flowerforyou: Here' s my progress report for Sat. - walked 12,747 steps for a total of 5.63. (Based on my stride, 10, 800 steps = 5 miles.) I did not get to weight lifting but will get to it tomorrow (if not later tonight). Where are the rest of you guys?
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie and Pez.I will go for 2500 inthe AM and 2500 in the PM To get up to 5,000. Shpuld be able to do that. Pez how do you figure your miles? Calie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Will be taking off for my first walk this morning soon. Sammy is ready too.

See you guys later.

Calie
  • Merv268
    Merv268 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's like walking with a scale,it's exciting to see how far you can go each time!!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I got just over 12,000 steps yesterday. That exceeds my goal of 11,000 (I put a sticker on my calendar if I get 11,000 or more:bigsmile: ) but not as many as the days before.:sad:

I'll be walking outside today because the weather is beautiful and taking the dogs to the dog park. I have just over 1200 steps so far just from walking the dogs:bigsmile:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Look~~~no ads today.
    So far this morning I got 1600 steps .. Sammy lost 1/2 lb. But he is poop now so maybe i can get out without him. but I doubt it. It is doing him good. Fixing to get out again now.

Calie
  • everyday
    Options
    Hello all :smile:

Just ck-n in my Saturday steps 11719.

My goal is 10k a day for awhile.... then I will up when I get in the swing.
  • everyday
    Options
    It's like walking with a scale,it's exciting to see how far you can go each time!!

I like!!!! :drinker:
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Greetings! Today I took a 3 mile brisk walk in the park, walked leisurely for 1.35 miles, then walked on my treadmill for 1 mile at a 4.5% incline. Total = 5.35 miles or 12, 120 steps. Also, this evening completed a weight training workout. I am beat - but in a good way.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I walk over 4,000 steps yesterday. forgot to get it written down.before it change over at Midnight. My muscels are all sore. Should I reat a day or two? Calie
  • everyday
    Options
    Good Morning :smile:

Great job on your Sunday work out Pes !

Calie I think you should if you feel you should.. only you can determine that. .. or maybe just do a minimal amount, to keep from getting stiff. I heard a Epson salt bath was good for sore muscles.. never tried.

My Sunday steps 10531, no formal w/o just housework & laundry:frown:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Sunday is my cleanse day so I tend to take it easy but somehow with a walk in the morning, dog park walking in the afternoon and general wandering around the house all day I ended up with just over 18,000 steps:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    CALIECAT & everyday, congratulations on your steps and accountability. Barbie, what you call a "taking it easy day" most people only aspire to in their dreams. Congratulations to you, very impressive. (I'll be checking in with my own progress later tonight. Talk to you guys then.)

Would everyone please think of a walking goal they want to accomplish for the month of October? Try to make it as specific as possible, e.g., "I want to walk 90 miles in the month of October." Can you please list the goal by September 30th? That would be great,
  • barbiecat
    Options
    . My pedometer tells me I've only walked 5.47 miles today. It might be more since 3 of those miles were fast-paced using Leslie Sansone's "Walk at Home 5 Day Simdown." ( I have a feeling the pedometer isn't designed to measure some of the moves in these tapes,

I thought about this when I was line dancing this morning. I am much more tired after each of the two hour line dance classes I go to, but the number of steps registered by my pedometer doesn't seem to give me credit for all I do :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Line dance has a lot of lateral moves and turns that probably don't register as steps. I'm content to underestimate my workouts because I want them to work for me without giving me license to pig out on peanut butter later :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I found my miles on my pedometers It says I walk .79 miles. so far today. And I have 2577 up to now. I went to Walmart and did some shopping.. I am still sticking to 4,000 steps a day. Cooler weather is coming and maybe more after it hit.
    Barbie, 18,000steps with trying amazing. Sammy thinks everytime I go to the front door I am going walking. He really loves it.

Calie
  • everyday
    Options
    WoW- E Barbie on your 18 k steps :smile:

MMMMM... Pez got to think about that one. I think I average about 2540 steps per mile.

LOL Calie... I bet your pups do love to walk !!
  • gettinfitmama
    gettinfitmama Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've fallen off the wagon for a few days.
    This knee injury has really thrown me for a loop.

Got in 14997 today!

Finally able to use the treadmill and elliptical without major pain in my knee! YAY

:drinker:
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Welcome back, gettinfitmama. You did great and will always be welcomed back - even if you fall off the proverbial wagon! Hope your knee is feeling better.
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I don't believe I am done with exercise today but the problem is my pedometer will reset at midnight - in two minutes - so I want to put this info out now. Thus far, I only walked 4.14 miles and a total of 9,383 steps. Needless to say, I'm not very happy with this. I will watch some tv and hopefull, will feel up to finishing at least 5 miles. Talk to you later.