everyday Posts: 127
    Options
    WOW girls you are all AWESOME!! :flowerforyou:

My Tues steps were10961,

Happy step- N!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Barbie, that fantastic. I got 3,000 in yeserday and well on my way to 3,000 today. Just need 300 steps to have it.
    Next week I will try for 3500. Sunday is day off, to let my leg get a rest.
    I am thinking about getting one of those HJ- 300. I also want to get one of those blood pressure monitor by omron. the one I had quit working. I kind of cheated last night. I put it on everytime I went to the bathroom during the night.
    I put it in a sock and tuck it in my underwear. It worked. So I had 500 steps before I even left the house. A step is a step. These last 300 should be easy to make.
    Mine go back to 0 at 11:00pm
    Hi stepping Granny~~~Calie
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Calie, it's all good, and you're so right, a step is a step! I walked 19,726 steps today. Some of it was leisurely, e.g., running chores. Went to Weight Watchers and lost 2.6 since last meeting. I was so happy I came home and grabbed Taffi to go out but she didn't want to walk tonight. Came in, loaded up the ipod and stayed on my treadmill for 90 minutes. I'm tired. Have a good night all.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Caliecat, I have to put on my jeans, sweatshirt, and jacket first thing in the morning to walk the dogs. I put my step counter in my jeans pocket first thing so that by the time I drink my tea in the morning I've walked over 1000 steps and they are recorded on my step counter. The last thing I do at night after brushing my teeth, is change into night clothes and put my step counter in the kitchen waiting for me to get it in the morning. I record every step I take. If my step counter didn't need to be be plugged in overnight to recharge, I'd walk it to the bathroom in the middle of the night like you do. :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Peschuntz, congratulations on your weight loss and your great step count :bigsmile:

My steps on Wednesday were 16,678----line dance, shopping, dog park and lots of dog walking.

This is my weigh in day on another thread and I'm down one more pound.:drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Let's have a great day.
    Barbie
  • everyday
    Options
    Good morning girls :smile:

We worked outside yesterday part of the day, my Wed steps were 10413.

I know achieving my goal of 10 k steps a day is a good basic measure (foundation) of my daily movement. You being here makes me accountable!

I have been diligent this week I am down 5.5 lbs. :smile:

~Congrats Pes & Barbie your going to make it!!!

Have a GREAT Thurs. :flowerforyou:
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Nice work, everyday! Today's total was 18,158 steps or 8.02 miles. I did 3 Leslie Sansone DVDs - one mile, 2 mile and 4 mile challenge plus I walked about 1 1/2 miles. As far as I can tell, I walked over 8 1/2 miles yet my pedometer indicates 8.02. I always document my exercise on the conservative side so I'm not disappointed by my results.
  • Lianne95519
    Lianne95519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I love my pedometer so I thought I would add this thread.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    I see you have some dogs of your own, tell us about them. In fact, how many posting on this thread own dogs and go for long walks with them? :smile: :flowerforyou:

My dogs are Standard Poodles. Brandy is black and 4 years old. Sasha is red and two years old. I walk them on leashes one at a time on the hill near my house first thing in the morning. Later in the day I walk them together for about 3 minutes in the back yard. In the afternoon I take them to the off leash dog park. They like to run off leash much better than taking a walk with me. I walk at the dog park while they play and they stay close to me but they run much faster than I walk.:laugh:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :yawn: Good morning everybody., Its is rainy this morning. Smells so nice. Sammy work me up at 6:00 am this morning. :yawn: He barks at the paper man every morning. So I am up and got my coffee going.

Tuesday i did get my 3,000 steps in./ i do it in 3 difference walk. so next week when i go up tp 3500 I just need to add a little over 100 steps a walk to ge t 3500 stepts. It sounds so much easieer breaking it down into 1/3 at a time. Or do a little more housework. ,more cooking and etc.

Hae no plans today. except get my walks in. Just heard on the news this rain should all be gone by 9:00 am. Will be nice and cool for it. And then we will have ou clolest weather today at 47 degree. Good sleeping and cudddling. Oh we do make a grocer run today.

Barbie, Pes, Everyday. Have a wonderful day.

Leanne Welcome I love your sunflowers. so tall.

Calie
    Get those meters going.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Welcome. Lianne, this is a small but friendly and encouraging group. We all have different goals for our walking and compete against our own goals.

My goal is 14,000 steps. I put a sticker on my calendar for 11,000 steps. As the weather gets cooler, wetter, and darker, I think the steps will be harder to get.

Yesterday I got 16493 steps. With my husband out of town I do a lot more stuff around the house where I am up and down, back and forth a lot. I can do that when I'm alone. Also I have to do all the dog walking and that sure adds a lot of steps.

:flowerforyou: Caliecat, I get awakened in the morning by Bernie, the cat, meowing and walking on me when he thinks it's time to go out or if his food dish is empty. Today he woke me up at 5 and I lay in bed until 5:30 with Bernie and Sasha.

:flowerforyou: Pes, with your walking DVDs, the weather won't be as much of a problem for you getting your steps.

I have line dance this morning. Sometimes there's a group that goes out to lunch afterward so I might go with them since hubby won't be home to have lunch with me. I'm getting better at figuring out what to order in restaurants and still keep the calories down and the nutrition up.

Have a great Friday. :bigsmile: and drink some water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Woo HOO!!!:love::bigsmile: :drinker: I did over 10,000 steps yesterday plus did a 1 mile WATP!!!! :drinker: Yeah me!!!! I needed to do that especially since this weekend is birthday weekend and there are several parties to go to!!! It's been really cool and rainy this week, I hope it stops by next week. Although the weather man is saying it will still be cool after the rain stops and we might get our first frost on Sunday or Monday. Oh well :ohwell: , HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND PEEPS!!! :tongue:
  • everyday
    Options
    Hey Girls :smile:

Just a fast post of my Thurs steps ~11154

Hope everyone is GOOD :flowerforyou:

BBT
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    My Friday steps count is 3408. t is easy to get 3,000 steps in. So I think I am ready to up it to 3500 a day next week. Sammy and I walk 3 times a day. He is always ready to go.

Calie
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Good day today. Walked leisurely for 1 1/2 miles then combination fast walking/jogging on my treadmill at an incline for 5 miles and ended today's activity with 2 miles from Leslie Sansone's "Walk Your Belly Flat." Total for today was 20,060 steps or 8.55 miles. I need a good shower and a good night's sleep. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend but please don't forget to check in. Goodnight everyone.:drinker:

P.S. Almost forgot to list Wednesday's mileage which was 8.40 (I only listed steps).:flowerforyou: I'm not playing - I really want to lose this weight!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Checking in early this morning. Gonna have my coffee, breakfast and stsrt there leg are moving. I ended up with 3800 steps Friday. Spend less time on the computer. Tomorrow is my day of rest. My daughter is coming out to watch the Cowboys game. I will be watching the Texas long Horns this afternoon Be cooking us a pot of pinto beans for tomorrow.

It is nice and cool outside, Just right for walking. This old granny is goining to make it yet. Yhanks to you girls. You are such a nice bunch,:love::flowerforyou: :heart:

Have a nice weekend,
    Calie
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Calie, I see that you are walking more steps each day.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Congratulations

:flowerforyou: Pes--Wow! you got over 20,000 steps

:flowerforyou: everyday--your picture makes me think of you active all the time---does your step counter count anything when you do cartwheels on the beach:laugh:

:flowerforyou: leshawnturner---you got over 10,000 steps yippee----good luck on staying with your program even with birthday parties---just say no to birthday cake:laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Lianne---how are you doing? Do you have a goal for how many steps you want to walk each day? week? month?

I walked 17,019 steps yesterday (yes, I jogged around the kitchen for a few minutes to get the steps up to 17,000:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

It's not raining here so I'll go for a walk after breakfast.
    Have a great weekend
    Barbie
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Another good day. I switched pedometers so according to this one I walked 20,044 steps for a total of 8.5 miles. I walked one mile on my treadmill, 4 miles outside at the park, 1/2 mile leisurely at the supermarket and did all 3 miles from Leslie Sansone's "Walk Your Belly Flat." Goodnight. A great evening to all!:flowerforyou:
  • annasid78
    Options
    Gosh! Life has been crazy here! First I had ped troubles. :grumble: First it needed a new battery. Took it in, got that done. When they changed the battery they goofed something up. :explode: So htere goes another day. I figured it out and it is working now.

During that time we had TONS of flood water issues. Which ment my phone lines were way to wet for me to get my internet to work. :cry: ]

I think during all of this I stayed step wise on track. Food wise I havn't done to terrible either. I did have a slip up on thursday :blushing: , but I have done well since. :flowerforyou:

Today I did C25k W3 D1. It was sooo awesome! :flowerforyou: I felt so alive when I finished I have never jogged for 3 min straight before!! :drinker: I did that 2 times.. :love: :love: I even :cry: some happy tears when I was done.

Looks like my count for today is roughly 11,896. I don't think I am going to do much of anything between now and going to :yawn: bed.

Good Night all!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Canadian friends. Don't overeat today.

I got 3900 steps yesterday. Today is a day or rest. but will wear my step counter. Now Sammy may have a different story on that. My daughter is coming out and I am cooking chcken and dressing, pumpkin pie Sugar snsp peas and some cranberry sauce. this is her Birthday week. And then we will watch the Dallas Cowboys game. comeson at noon. So I better get busy.. Momday i will start 3500 steps a day. Will keep that up a week and then go 4,000 a day Keep increasing it bu 500 to get up to what is comforable for me. I hear Thunder this morning so it may rain.

Calie
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I walked 24,019 steps yesterday. At bedtime I only needed 200 more steps to get to 24,000 so I walked up and down the hall for awhile counting my steps so I could get to the next thousand :laugh: :laugh:

Today is my cleanse day where I have a fairly limited number of calories so I probably won't get as much exercise. I took a walk this morning that ended up being over an hour but I'll probably take it easy the rest of the day.

There was a man on the trail (it's paved) this morning with a walker. He was taking it slow but he looked determined. His walker was one that had a seat so I guess he could stop for a rest along the way.

:flowerforyou: Pes, you're doing great. With your walking DVDs the weather will never keep you down

:flowerforyou: Calie, enjoy your daughter's birthday but be smart about what you eat. You may surprise yourself at how many steps you walk preparing that yummy dinner.