Walking With Pedometers

Options

Replies

• everyday
    everyday Posts: 127
    Options
    Hey Pes Is that you? Nice to see you and your pup!

My Sunday steps 7623... it's low but it was a semi kick back day!

Have good one everyone :smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    We're home safely from our trip. I managed just over 11,000 steps yesterday even with meetings in the morning and sitting in the car driving home.

:flowerforyou: Peschuntz---that is is a very cute picture. I assumed that it is you and your pooch.

:flowerforyou: everyday---thank you for your kind words. Are you rested and revived after your kick back day and ready to get moving again today.

It's chilly this morning but no rain is expected. We get our pets back from being boarded today so I can take the dogs to the dog park this afternoon.

have a great day.:heart::flowerforyou:
  • annasid78
    Options
    I am back!

I have had several horrible weeks. I lost focus. Went wayyyyy off track. I improved my ped. # some over the last week, but my food has been SUPER out of control!

Tue 6.532
    wed 13 699
    Thur 10 964
    Fri NADA stayed in bed very sick
    Sat 20 455
    Sun 7 646

Will be back tonight to report my # for today
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    I use a pedometer!!!! Its nothing fancy but since I work a desk job it helps serve as a reminder to get up and move around. I don't have my totals with me right now but I'll put them on tomorrow. Yea!!! I like this group!!! :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou: :love:
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our group, leshawnturner, I think you will like it here and we look forward to your posts! Welcome back, annasid78, I was wondering about your whereabouts. Do not worry about falling off the proverbial wagon as we will always be here for you just as soon as you regroup. I am happy to see you. Yes, Barbie, that is me with my beloved Jack Russell, Taffi. I will be posting later this evening with my own steps. :drinker:
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Good day today. According to my pedometer, I walked 8.04 miles (but I think it's closer to 9 miles). I walked outside at a leisurely pace but later completed two Leslie Sansone DVDs back to back - "Walk and Jog" and "Two Mile Power Walk With Friends." Total steps today -18,884.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi , I am back . I wore myself out when I first got my meter/ Now I am all rested up and will walk at my own pace. and not overdo it. Got 2,000 steps in yesterday. When I was younger I could have kept up with you gals. But not no more. Maybe one day I will hit 10,000.

Hey Pes I Good morning~~~~~~~ have a short hair Jack Russell and he is so smart. He is stitting at the door now wanting me to go walking with him. His name is Sammy. Sitting on his butt. He loves to go in the car to Post office and other short runs. He just loves to be with My husband and I. He thinks I am his mommie.

Good morning Barbiecat, Thanks for everything.

Good morning Everyday

Good morning leshawnturner.

Good norning, annasid78,............ I'll be seeing you..........Calie
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I want to join! I have to get a pedometer first so I looked back at some of the older post to see what is a good one. Does anyone know if the IPhone has an pedometer app and if it's any good?
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Good morning!!!

I walked about 8100 steps yesterday. I generally walk about 8100 steps a day. I'm trying to slowly move up to 10,000 steps a day plus doing a WATP dvd. I did yoga yesterday so today I'll do the 1 mile walk. I hope you all have a good day!!!
  • everyday
    Options
    GOOD MORNING GIRLS!!!.... Especially you CALLIE... GLAD to see you back!! :flowerforyou: .....Please do what is comfortable for ~YOU~!!

leshawnturner & Akgrat WELCOME... more the merrier!!

Pes.. WoW on those steps!!

Barbie I am rested.... Thanks!!

My Monday steps 11626.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I'm so glad to be home and back to my real life. Yesterday I got 14,761 steps. I went to a two hour line dance class in the morning, took the dogs to the dog park in the afternoon, and did a lot of dog walking. Hubby has gone to Ohio to visit his mother. He left at 3:00 yesterday. Actually, he's still not there yet. He's in the airport in Chicago right now waiting for a plane that's been delayed twice.

:flowerforyou: annasid, glad you're back on track again. Sorry you were sick.

:flowerforyou: leshawnturner, I read somewhere that people who wear pedometers walk more steps than people who don't. It looks like you're adding more steps each day. I like yoga, but it doesn't count on the pedometer :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Peschuntz, Taffi is darling (so are you). Do you take Taffi for long walks? Callecat can tell you some great stories about walking with her Jack Russell.

:flowerforyou: Caliecat, glad to see you back on this thread. We're all waiting with Sammy to see you go walking again. Just keep competing with yourself and try to get more steps each day.

:flowerforyou: akgrant, my husband and some friends have the Omron HJ-720ITC and they love it. You carry it in your pocket so there is less chance of losing it. It resets automatically at midnight and keeps track of data over time. It also tells you how many calories you burned.

:flowerforyou: everyday, glad you're rested. 11,000 + steps sounds great. Keep up the good work.

Gotta go, the dogs are nagging me to take them out.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    akgrant.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I have the HJ-720ICt. that barbie 's hubby has. i got mind thru amazon and And they paid the shipping. About 26.00 or 27.00 dollars with tax. I do like it real well. They have a phone number to call if you need help in getting it set. In the instruction book. And I did have to call the,m. They were real nice. Calie
  • everyday
    Options
    Hi girls:smile:

~ anasid78 Missed you earlier... I'm glad your back with us and feeling better :flowerforyou:

Its been a slow day sitting at my desk... only a bit over 8 k. Hope to make 10.. ?

See ya's tomorrow
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Hello everyone! As of now completed a total of 16,224 steps or 6.91 miles. I have to walk my dog later this evening so it may well top 7 miles for today. So happy to see everybody walking. I wanted to say that I agree that Omron 720ITC is a great pedometer. (I also use a Yamax CW-701 - also measures distance, calories, steps and has a memory. However, if you are doing activity other than regular walking forward, e.g., dancing, using walking DVDs which require lateral and reverse moves, the Yamax is more accurate in recording your movements.) As far as walking shoes, my personal favorites are Ryka and New Balance, What do you girls find most comfortable to walk in? Have a great night everyone, talk to you tomorrow.

To answer your question, Barbie . . . I used to take very long walks with Taffi, but the vet discovered a heart murmur - often a precursor to CHF - so we only do a few miles in cool weather. I love that little dog, and I see you have some dogs of your own, tell us about them. In fact, how many posting on this thread own dogs and go for long walks with them? :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I got out without Sammy yesterday. But he seen me out the window. And hubby said he went wild trying to get out to go too. So he let him out and he comes a runing to me. We don't used a leased for I stick to the side road and there is only 5 houses. on it and they all look out for me. and Sammy. Beside his neck is so thick he just comes out of the collar,When Jerry take him to the store. Bank or post office He does put a leased on him.For he has to get out and do his business. He knows he has to.
    ~Calie
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    I just discovered Omron released a new model pedometer a few months ago, the HJ-303. It's small and can be thrown in a pocket or handbag and starts counting aerobic steps 4 seconds after they start. (The other models don't begin counting aerobic steps until the user has been engaged in the activity for 10 minutes or more. This may also explain why some of us have commented that our pedometers have underestimated our activities.) This model will count steps regardless of it's position - even horizontal. Being a gadget person, I will likely order one, particularly since I use walking DVDs frequently, and would like all my steps counted. It's gotten great reviews, one guy accidentally washed his pants with it attached, and it still worked! Given that it will measure movement in any direction, great for all activities.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Good morning!!!
    I got in over 9,000 steps yesterday plus I did WATP 1 mile. It was a good day. My feet didn't get too sore and my shoulders were too sore either. I am only at 2,000 steps right now but its been a lot going on at the desk today. I'll get more in, im shooting to have at 6,000 before I leave for the day. So I better get moving!! :tongue:

Have a great day!!!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Yesterday was a banner day for me.....22479 steps
    an 80 minute walk, 38 minutes at the dog park, lots of dog walking on the hill and in the back yard, and 40 minutes on the stationery bike (my step counter picks up some movement on the bike :bigsmile: )

Since I'm retired, I have more chances to walk than employed people do.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Good morning!!!
    I got in over 9,000 steps yesterday plus I did WATP 1 mile. It was a good day. My feet didn't get too sore and my shoulders were too sore either. I am only at 2,000 steps right now but its been a lot going on at the desk today. I'll get more in, im shooting to have at 6,000 before I leave for the day. So I better get moving!! :tongue:

Have a great day!!!

leshawnturner,

When you do the Leslie Sansone DVD do you wear your pedometer? I ask because you surely exceeded the recommended 10,000 steps yesterday. When I do her walking DVDs, I always wear my pedometer although it fails to count every step, at least some are added on. Best regards, Faith
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Yesterday was a banner day for me.....22479 steps
    an 80 minute walk, 38 minutes at the dog park, lots of dog walking on the hill and in the back yard, and 40 minutes on the stationery bike (my step counter picks up some movement on the bike :bigsmile: )

Since I'm retired, I have more chances to walk than employed people do.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I have only one thing to say - OMG! I don't think I've ever done that many steps, including the day a few years back when I ran a 5K and walked all over town. Barbie, you're incredible!