Walking With Pedometers

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning , How is everyone today? No rain yet. here.
    :wink:

I don't plan on much of a walk today. gotta get my legs and back rested up/

But Sammy will see that I get some.

Calie
  • everyday
    everyday Posts: 127
    Options
    Good Morning :smile:

My Tues count 10121
    My Wed count 9872, 1st time under 10k for the month :ohwell:

Happy step~ N Thursday :smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options

I believe every step counts and if you know how far you have walked it will only make you want to walk farther. =]

You are so right. The longer I have my step counter, the more I walk each day.

The down side is that I have been ignoring yoga, strength training, and crunches because they don't record as steps :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Steps yesterday 20244
    line dance, dog park, and a twilight walk with hubby :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Pes, I hope you feel better

:flowerforyou: Calie, don't let the rain get you down....get rested and then go back to Target for another walk.

:flowerforyou: everyday, I saw you on some other threads I like.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    hugs:heart::heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • tabbi187
    Options
    Well I would definately like to join yalls group and hopefully if this pedometer works right I can catch up to yall!
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Welcome tabbi187! Glad to have you aboard. If you are frustrated with your Sportline pedometer, you might want to try an Omron HJ-303 (I just got mine and love it to death) or a Yamax CW-701. These pedometers are user-friendly and highly accurate. Good luck.

Back in the saddle today. Walked leisurely (shopping, etc.) for 1 1/2 miles, completed Leslie Sansone's "Four Fast Miles" and " Walk Your Belly Thin" (3 miles) for a total of 8.5 miles. Still have to walk my dog later. No use reporting steps since the most accurate pedometers don't measure lateral steps or in-place steps, no matter how vigorously they are performed. I am guilty of also neglecting strength training since there's no direct measurement of the activity. The only "toning" I receive is the miniscule amount Leslie Sansone incorporates occasionally into one of your DVDs - hardly sufficient I know. Have a great night all!!!:wink:
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    A big congrats to you, Barbie! I see that you hit another real milestone in your weight loss - 60 lbs - incredible!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • tabbi187
    Options
    Thank you! =]

My progress was not as well as I would hope it to be my pedometer showed 9,492 steps but it kept getting stuck a few times so I definately need to get a new one when I get a chance.

But I know for a fact I walked 6 miles today and am very happy because the weather was nice and I was with my son and fiance the whole time.

:happy:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I got my 3500 steps in yesterday. Getting gear up to increase it to 4,00 0next week

Barbie congratts on 60 lb lost. you are a go getter. What do that put you down to?

Tabbi, good morning my fellow Texan. and new friend.

Pes. Thank you for starting this thread and Thank Barbie for telling me aabout it.

Everyday Everyday we need to do this.Walk, eat rightand drink that water.
    <<<<hugs>>>>> Calie
  • everyday
    Options
    Just Stepp- N by fast.... catch up next time....

My steps for THURS were only 7085, I was in the car for most of the day. Hope to get loads in today!!!!

:flowerforyou: Have a FAB Fri Girls :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Steps on Thursday 14,170
    Jake was pretty happy to report that he had more steps than I did thanks to walking 18 holes of golf.

:flowerforyou: Tabbi, welcome, even if your pedometer isn't great, it will still inspire you to walk more. I agree about getting a better one.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: everyday---days in the car drive me crazy too......if you're the driver, you're burning calories but if you're the passenger then you just sit and put on those pounds:laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Pes---I just dug out my exercise band and am trying to figure out how to do arm exercises and walk at the same time
    it requires coordination :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Calie, I've always been pretty energetic but it has gotten better with good nutrition. After too many years of losing the battle of the bulge, I surrendered and said that recreational eating is destroying me.

It's raining here and maybe where all of you are, enjoy your day, no matter what
    Barbie
  • tabbi187
    Options
    Thanks!
    Hope all of yall had a great day!
    I only got about 3700 steps in today but in my defense I was studying for midterms most of today.
    I am definately going to get another pedometer.. Hopefully very soon. I have been researching it and I know that most of yall are fans of the Omron brand so I may go for that brand or another one in the catalog that I have and am also researching the WW scale because it has alot of neat functions even though its pricey it may be worth it...

TGIF! =] :bigsmile:
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    I didn't have a great day, but it didn't suck either (at least that's what I'm trying to convince myself). Only did just over 6 miles. Can't tell you the exact number of steps I took since the pedometer cleared at midnight. Tomorrow my goal is to come back up to my customary 8+ miles. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their weekend.

:flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Got in 3825 steps yesterda A little bit each day.

Calie.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Pes, can you change the clock or the time zone on your pedometer so when it's midnight at your house it thinks it's still 10PM?

:flowerforyou: Marie, keep on walking :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: tabbi, I bought myself a digital food scale as a reward when I lost 5 pounds. It's not the WW one but I love it a lot.

I walked over 15,000 steps yesterday but today will be a different story. I woke up to rain and the dogs didn't even want to walk as far as usual. It was too wet for walking or golf. Now the girls are here to groom the dogs so even though the rain stopped, there will be no walking for me at the dog park.

The power was off for about four hours this morning. Fortunately it didn't happen until after we made tea and our breakfast protein shakes. We cooked chicken and veggies on the propane grill on the deck so lunch was fabulous. I finished reading my book by the light of an oil lamp. The exercise bike can be operated with flashlight batteries so I got a 20 minute ride but it's not so much fun without TV to watch. :laugh: :laugh:
    Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    We had a beautuful day here for a change.

I just got in 2500 steps today. the old hip was actting up again. the joy of getting old.

that was a good game Barbie , These two team play everyyear at the Cotton Bowl during The Texas State Fair. What a bunch of people. They had fun tho. I remember as a kid we stay away from the fair the weekend of the rival of these 2 teams. It used to be pretty wild. But the police has calm it down a whole lot. It was mostly the teen agers here in the Dallas area that cause the problems. Not the college kids. And there parents would have to go and get them out of jail.

I don't know if I will make the 4,000 steps next week/ I will do the best I can. I have a dvd that
    Phoebe sent me and if i can't get my steps in I will used it. It is a sitting down yoga dvd. But I will get some steps in. As you say never give up. and I wont.

Marie
  • tabbi187
    Options
    7339 steps.. cleaned the house today and didnt get out until the night.

hope yall are all having a good weekend
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Today is my day of rest. Will wear my pedometer tho. I didn't get much in yesterday. , It is rather chilly hear this morning,

Good morming Tabbie. Sound like you are doing great. Thats the way to go girl.

Barbie and pes great as usally
    Everyday I am sure you are too. Me I am dragging my bu** But will get with it.

Have a wonderful day.

Calie
  • everyday
    Options
    Everyday Everyday we need to do this.Walk, eat right and drink that water.

You are so right Calie...!! :smile: LOL I thought you lived in Canada when I told you happy Thanksgiving, the other day. Keep going your doing GREAT!
  • everyday
    Options
    Good morning all :flowerforyou:

Barbie Yes The clean thread looks inspiring!! WTG on your awesome ~~60~~ lbs. I bet you feel
    WONDERFUL!!! :smile: Can I take your lead??

Tabbi WELCOME :flowerforyou: Your doing GREAT! :smile:

Pez CONGRATS to you also on your ~~7~~ lbs !! All those steps are making a BIG difference! :smile:

My FRI steps 11442
    My SAT steps 12372

We have another day in the car and shopping.

Have a peaceful Sunday girls!! :flowerforyou:
  • chubsternomore
    Options
    Ok ladies, I have one word for you all INSPIRATIONAL!!!!!:bigsmile: I havent logged into mfp for a while, i went to check out the boards, i've never looked at the excercise one but am so glad I did today!! I have to say my intentions are always good, but never get around to doing what I should, a friend and i walk sometimes after work, we've been trying to work together on walking, i wear my pedometer and usually get around 4000 steps a day if i walk with her otherwise about 1800 steps...i have a sit down job , have gained so much weight and am scared to death of the consequences now. Im on a mission to lose...I did lose 100lbs in 6 months about 12 years ago just by walking everyday so I know it can be done....If you girls dont mind I'd like to join your group. I have ALOT of weight to lose, currently at 375, I'd like to be around 150-- i have one obstacle, my knees ...the last few months i am in so much pain...i need to do something NOW im only 38 and i've contemplated getting a cane.... I bought the walk away the pound videos (miles 1-3) a year ago but admit i've only used the 1 mile a few times...havent even opened the other package.... so if you do the videos does each mile count for 2000 steps??
    I cannot tell you how ready I am to get moving!! Im so happy I ran into this msg board!!! :flowerforyou: thank you all very much!!