Options

Replies

• everyday
    everyday Posts: 127
    Options
    Hey Girls :smile:

Ditto here...

Its been - GO - GO - GO here !!!

But logged in 14639 steps for Sat & that is w/ no formal work- out.

This week coming will be slower... hope to catch up here!

Toodles...... stupid, I know but I couldn't resist!! :wink:
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Here's the scoop - according to my pedometer I walked exactly 8 miles today. Nonetheless, I walked with my dog for 4.9 miles then did a "4 Mile Super Challenge Walk." When I finished with my 4 mile walk, my pedometer only indicated a total of 7.6 miles, so I jumped on my treadmill until it reached an even 8 miles. Frustrating as today's total steps were 18,825, but I know I walked over 9 miles!!!

The rest of you girls are doing great - everyday, Calie and Barbie (you hit the ball out of the park!) Your presence on this thread is so motivating, keep posting ladies! Talk to you tomorrow.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hey, Hey, Hey!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: You ladies are AWESOME!!!!!! :happy: Man, the numbers on the ped is incredible!!! This weekend was kinda iffy with the food but great with the exercise. I did Zumba for 45 min on Sat and got in a total of 11,000 steps. Then on Sunday, I had a lot of running around to do plus I had to cheer my niece on in her basketball game so I took alot of steps (16,000!!!!!:noway: :love: :smooched: )!!!!! Yay me!!!!! :smooched: :bigsmile: :drinker:

I'm off to a slow start this morning but I think its because my ped is getting worn out. I'm might have to switch to my back up one soon.

Have a great day!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Barbie you are a wonder. Wonder how many steps you will take tomorrow. My walker has a seat And I do used it. To take my breaks. I think the ciculations is getting a lot better in my legs. Pes you are doing outstanding. Everyday. you are doing great.
    and our newer member lesha Really took off. She will be walking across Texas soon.
    Calie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    steps on Sunday 19005----I guess I didn't take it all that easy. I walked for an hour and a half in the morning and took the dogs up on the hill a lot more often than usual so the steps added up

:flowerforyou: Pes, I try to ignore the mileage I walk because so much of what I do isn't really distance like line dance.

I just came back from walking an hour and 43 minutes so by the end of the day, the numbers should be good.

:flowerforyou: Calie, I didn't see the man with the walker today but I saw a deer on the trail

:flowerforyou: leshawn, do you like zumba? I've heard reports that it's really fun. you are doing great. you have interesting ways to keep moving.

happy Monday :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Barbie, what a sight to see a deer on your walk. All I see is a big old train going by. but they toot their whistle at me and wave. Amtrack comes thru twice a day. The freight trains all the time. Sammy used to high tail it home when one comes by but now he just keep on doing what he was doing. Don't bother him now. JUst the gabage truck. When one comes he hi tail it home. Now the ups truck he would chase it. and Motorcycle. he would chase. if I let him. Have to really keep an eye on him. I need to keep a lease in my seat for that reason.

My steps for the day is 6,500 The most I have done. We went to super target to get me a radio. And walk around some. But My goal for this week is still 3500. I was ready for a couple tylemol after I made my last trip. We will see how I feel in the morning.

~~~~~~~~~Calie
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Barbie, what a sight to see a deer on your walk. All I see is a big old train going by. but they toot their whistle at me and wave. Amtrack comes thru twice a day.

Calie, we don't have any trains here. There used to be a train here and now some of the train route is part of the trail. Several parts of the trail cross what used to be railroad trestles I'm going to try to share some pictures from the trail. I'll let you know when I do it.
    Barbie
  • barbiecat
    Options
    I uploaded three pictures from the trail. The one you can see is the deer on the side of the trail

If you look at my profile there is a picture of the deer on the trail (far away) and a picture of one of the trestle bridges. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    OMG! I refused to allow myself to go to sleep until I put in over 8 miles. I can't tell you how many steps I walked because the pedometer cleared at midnight, but it did say I completed 6.1 miles. I really want to stick with my ongoing regimen so I hopped on the treadmill for another 2 miles. I know I'm being a bit compulsive but it's keeping me on track. Goodnight girls, have a great day tomorrow..
  • everyday
    Options
    GOOD MORNING GIRLS:flowerforyou:

~Barbie Wish I was on the coast., I'd be so happy to see the ocean I'd do a cartwheel or 2... or at least try!! Your the champ stepper!!

~Pez Your doing WONDERFUL... dont let your pedometer counts get to you!! OK??

~Annasid CONGRATULATIONS on you 3 min runs.. I always wanted to run, I tried but my knee doesnt like. But I LOVE that runners high!!

~Calie How was your Thanksgiving?? 6500 steps yesterday WTG!!!

~leshawn Yep Yay for you 16 k is.... GREAT!

My Sunday count 11062

My Monday count 10029, I fell asleep w/ my pedometer on, woke up w/ less than my 10 k , so walked around the house ( inside) for the last 200+, Is that a little OCD?

HAVE A AWESOME DAY!! :flowerforyou:
  • everyday
    Options
    Lianne - WELCOME I love your sunflowers!!:

Barbie - Wow -I took a look at your pictures, I see why you get so many steps in, you have a awesome place to walk!! Thanks for sharing :smile:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Everyday. That wasn't Thankgiving Sunday. It was my daughter birthday. We got the big dinner ahead of us yet. It was Canadian Thanksgiving tho.
    Hate this rain. can't get out and walk. Have a great day.
    Calie
  • everyday
    Options
    mmmmmm... Hope she had a nice one!!! :smile: Rain- rain go away :ohwell: You also :flowerforyou:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hey folks!!
    I had a slow yesterday, only 2000 steps...I was very tired and in a lot of pain...but I'm doing pretty good today...I'm already over half to my goal!!! Yippee!!!!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    yesterday was a great walking day
    23,760 steps

Today will be my day of rest. I slept late and had a friend come visit in the morning. Now the wind is howling and there's a forecast of rain. I'll take the dogs to the dog park after I eat lunch but I doubt that I'll brave the weather to take a walk by myself. Even if I do my exercise DVDs or the exercise bike, they don't register steps like real walking.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So far today I have only 3000 steps.
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Today was kind of a mishmash and here's why . . . I went to my old alma mater and walked around campus, then walked on an outdoor track for 2 1/2 miles. Tonight I walked with my trusty terrier - or more accurately she walked me - for 4 miles and I just finished a 2-mile Leslie Sansone DVD which combined walking with light strength training. Some mileage was left on my pedometer from yesterday since I exercised after midnight. All in all, I walked a minimum of 8 miles today. I, too, need a day of rest but exercising daily is relatively new and I am concerned that if I rest a day, my motivation will wane. (Tomorrow evening is my Weight Watchers meeting and I hope and pray at least one and a half pounds came off this week.)
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I was right. Yesterday was a slow walking day. I logged 13112 steps and that included a lot of walking up and down while watching TV and waiting for hubby to call and tell me that the plane had landed in Seattle. I finally gave up and went to bed and he called after 11 o'clock. He stayed in a hotel near the airport and will get picked up by the shuttle some time this morning for the two and half hour drive home. I can't wait to see him.:smile::smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

I rained over night so who knows what that will mean for going to the dog park this afternoon.
    Happy walking :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I will just barely make my 3500 steps today. That 6500 steps the other day has got my calves and back down again. My body just isn't ready for it yet. So I will have to rest upsome. We had the sun out some today. but it is still a muddy mess outside. More rain tomrrow Calie
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I am tired after a lot of running around today and have a slight sore throat. I'm going to bed since tomorrow is a new day. Despite running chores I only logged slightly over 2 miles today. Have a good night, will check in tomorrow.
  • tabbi187
    Options
    Ugh I feel stupid I spent 35 on a pedometer from sears that I do not particularly even like.. The Sportline Walking advantage pedometer and I could have bought an Omron for less than half that price which sounds much better. oh well.....

I believe every step counts and if you know how far you have walked it will only make you want to walk farther. =]