Walking With Pedometers

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I just like a few hundreds steps reach 4.000 steps . Will walk in the house to finish up.

Pes which one of the steps counters did you just get. Mine wont count my steps if i walk in place will yours? I think you said 312?

Barbie, My doctor told me to walk to keep my ciculation running right. I go in tomorrow to get tested for my circulations after getting the stints in my leg. He said to walk,walk and walk some more. In fact all of my doctors says to walk. So As long as I can I will walk. Kick my behind if I don;t.

good luck to all of you walkers. Calie
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Calie,

Go for the Omron HJ-303. It new, it's incredible with higher accuracy than its predecessors, HJ-112 and HJ-720ITC. Also, it you bend down to tie your shoe it won;t pop off as the other ones are prone to doing. This one will begin to measure fast-paced aerobic steps 4 seconds after you start them. The other 2 don't begin to count aerobic steps until you're into the exercise for 10 minutes. I purchased mine from pedometersusa.com, but it's also available on amazon.com. Let us know what you decide.

I have walked over 6 miles today and had another super-busy day which began at 5:30 this morning. I am fighting with myself to try to do another 3 miles, but I don't think that will be happening as it's after 11 p.m. and I'm fighting to stay awake. Tomorrow is Weight Watchers, and given my busy schedule this week, I didn't rack up as many miles as I normally do (although I did adhere to my diet). I am not looking forward to tomorrow's meeting as I don't think I lost anything this week. Have a good night all.
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Just went back and did Leslie Sansone's "Walk N Jog" which she stated is equal to 2 1/2 miles. Looks like I made my quota! Yeah!!!:drinker:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hello folks!!!

I've been walking up a storm. I went to Chicago for a wedding this weekend and did a lot of walking and running around. I've been very tired since getting back so I've only been getting my steps in, no extra workouts with it. But I'll get back to my workouts soon. My steps have been around 8300 for the past 2 days and I'm okay with that because that is over my goal. I'm really excited because I found my sister's gazelle and she said that she doesn't mind me using it. I'm going to roll it into the family room and go to town while I'm watching my shows.

Have a great day!!!
  • everyday
    everyday Posts: 127
    Options
    Good Morning :smile:

My Sun steps 10368
    My Mon steps 11026
    My Tues steps 10797

WELCOME dragonfly!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Catch up next time!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,001 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: steps yesterday 13135, I'm happy with that :bigsmile:
    Today it's raining and we didn't get to the dog park and no walk for me so unless I drive my husband crazy by walking up and down the hall for an hour, I may not even get to 10,000 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Pes, that is a beautiful picture of you.

:flowerforyou: leshawn, we had a gazelle once and we loved it and used it a lot. I hope you enjoy your sister's gazelle.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Family,
    Checking in for the day - ended up w/ 55 minutes of kickboxing last nite (had a really rough day at work:angry: ) so I decided to take out my agression on an imaginary shadow:laugh: :laugh: instead of DH or the 5 dogs ( I have 4 schnauzers and a lab mix ... my babies:heart: ) I got a great work out in plus 6400 steps during work Woo Hoo!!
    Only got in 4500 steps per the ped but I had to go to heb and left it in the car so I have no idea what that added to the count for the day. Getting ready to go do FIRM Hardcore Fusion - it's like high intensity aerobis that you do w/ weights. I'm using 10lbs on one part and 5-7 on the others. It should be a good work out too!
    Feeling good tonight - will probably catch some old movie that i DVR'd later. I just love the old black and white's! Give me anything from the 1940's ~ they seem to have so much style!
    Leshawn - I can just see you on the Gazelle!!! You go!!:drinker:
    Pez -Great pix - you're just beautiful!
    Barbiicat- keep up the great work ~ a little crazy is good for them sometimes.. keeps 'em guessing:happy:
    Everyday - You are really consistent, great job and thanks for the welcome:flowerforyou:

Hope everyone had a terrific day and stayed on track

Janet:heart:
  • wengoulet
    Options
    how do I get one of those little graphs on my profile?? its cute!!
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Hi All,

Boy, it looks like everybody is doing very well, some of you even had an exceptional day yesterday. Kudos! To address your question, wengoulet, the graphs are called "tickers," and you can design your own by clicking on "Tools." Once you've chosen your ticker, click on "Help" and you will receive very clear instructions on how to attach your ticker to your posts. (Don't worry, nothing complicated, just a few basic steps.) We hope you will walk with us and post your progress. Janet and Barbie, thanks for your kind words.

I walked 7.2 miles today. Four and a half miles were divided between running chores such as shopping then taking my dog to her favorite playground. 3 fast-paced miles were walked using Leslie Sansone's "Start Walking At Home" DVD. Went to Weight Watchers, lost 1.4 lbs. This is definitely a case of "slow and steady wins the race." As we all know, weight loss can be slow and frustrating at times, and I am so appreciate of the supportive members on this thread. Accountability to you guys has kept me on the straight and narrow when I felt like quitting. Thank you for being a member of this team. Make it a great day today! :flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    GOOD MORNING GIRLS.

I only got 2500 in yesterday. It pour down all day. The weather is surpose to be better today. I hope so for I missed my walk yesterday. So did Sammy. Have a good day. this is my WI day and I lost 1 lb. Good for me.

Calie
  • barbiecat
    Options
    how do I get one of those little graphs on my profile?? its cute!!

Go to "Tools" on your home page to make your weight loss ticker

Then you can create a signature that shows up every time you post by going to "Settings" then "change forum signature" and copy the ticker onto that along with anything else you want to add.
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Good Morning Everybody:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: ,
    Hope all are well and motivated for another day of practicing a new lifestyle! I overslept this morning, probably due to the rain, so no w/o for me before work :grumble: . I really like to do a 20min TJ before I get going - really helps my attitude and is a good way for me to get focused right out of the gate.
    That's okay though - we don't do this thing perfectly , at least I don't:laugh: !! I have already planned on a 20min AB w/o when I get home and either 45 min on the tradmill or a TJ cardio w/o - we'll keep it open and see what happens.
    Pez - really interested in the 3 mi Sansone walking dvd you're using. Where did you find it.
    If any of you have any suggestions on walking dvds - they would be appreciated. I am looking for something fun that's going to push me to move faster.
    I was reading about interval training on a site intervaltraining.com and was talking about how to incorporate that to increase calorie burn, endurance and strength,. It 's supposed to maximize your efforts in less time and you really see the results.
    Anyone know anything about this and have you all tried it? Would love to hear some real life results!

Have to run now -will check back later.

Have a wonderful day and keep smiling!!
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Hey Janet,

I purchase most of my Leslie Sansone DVDs from either deepdiscount.com or amazon.com. The particular one I used last night was the exception. Sansone created this DVD with the assistance of the American Heart Association, and some of the proceeds go to the AHA. I purchased this DVD set directly from exercisetv.com (only available there and on Sansone's web site, but she charges more.)
    After reading some of your activities, you are by far an advanced walker and would probably enjoy her more challenging DVDs including: (1) Walk Away The Pounds Express - 4 Mile Super Challenge (2) Walk At Home Advanced 5-Mile Walk; (3) Walk Slim, Walk At Home 4 Fast Miles. But above all of these, she just came out with A DVD compilation of 4 walks equaling a 10 mile total. It is called "Walk Away The Pounds: The Ultimate Collection", and it comes with a stretch band. If you see it, grab it (also available at Target) as you can do anywhere from 1 to 10 miles depending on how much time and energy you have. I hope this was helpful. :smile:
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Thanks Pez
    Target here I come!!!! Woo Hoo!! I'm looking for something to moitvate me on the treadmill. It's probably going to be the option of choice as it's getting darker sooner and will help me when it's rainy.

Have a great day,
    J
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I didn't meet my 4,000 steps again today. It was rather chilly and windy outside. The pecans was falling like mad. Hitting us on the head as we walk by. Our neigborhood has lots of pecan tree around. there is a little old lady who walk the streets picking them up. I [ick one up and ate it but it was not as good as ours are. It tasted oily..But bigger than ours. See you guys tomorrow. Have a good night. Calie
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    9 miles walked today and here's the breakdown . . . 2 miles of leisurely walking, 3 miles of light jogging/fast walking on an outdoor track and finally, I completed 4 out of 5 miles of Leslie Sansone's "Fat Burning Walk." It is easier to get at least some of the exercise out of the way in the morning. I saved the fat burning tape until almost midnight and I am spent! Good night!:flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning all.

nice to see so many of you posting yesterday.

I have slack off the last couple days but with the sun out today. I will get back in the groove.

Just watch and see. Calie

See Calie walk, See Calie walk.

I have a goal of reching 7,000 steps one of these days.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: yesterday was a banner day---Sweatin' to the Oldies in the morning, then line dance, then Costco (a great place for walking, but I'll never go thereagain just before lunch---tooo many temptations :laugh: ), dog park, then to a friend's house to pick apples (I'll make applesauce on Sunday and freeze it) then the exercise bike later and lots of dog walking since Jake is not here to do it.

total steps :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: 22,065
    Barbie
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Good Morning Family,
    Checking in to see how everybody's doing - we've got the most beautiful crsip day here in Texas and I am in the office, lol!! So very grateful to have a job but would love to be outside walking or playing :laugh: I achieved a first for me ... I actually wore a pair of tennis shoes out - my slip on x-trainers ripped on the side near the front and the back had started to rip about a month ago. Ijust bought them last December on sale.
    I spent more $$ than I normally would have on a better pair of walking shoes - hopefully they will be comfortable and last.
    Did 20min TJ before work this am and so far 2230 on the omron! It's going to be a great day!!

Pez- I found Leslie Sanson Ultimate collection on amazon for like 9 bucks and it's on the way , Yay!!
    Barbie - 22,065 for the day , you are amazing!! Great job!
    Callie- You'll find your mojo~ persevere and just keep trying!! You can do it!! I can't wait to see you post 7000 steps!!

Have a wonderful day everybody,
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Janet, I just noticed how much weight you've lost. You are amazing. Never, never, never give up. You are an inspiration to me. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    hugs,:heart::heart: Barbie