Walking With Pedometers

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,001 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Pes, thanks for the info on Leslie Sansone' walking DVDs. That helps a lot. I think that I'll keep on with "Sweatin' to the Oldies" until they get too familiar then look to buying something new. Last night I was talking to a friend who recommended the walking DVD that comes with the exercise band so now I know it's the thing to get.

:flowerforyou: Janet it looks like you're finding a great balance between family, job, and self. We have a rainy Monday and I haven't done nearly as much workout as you, but at least I got the dogs walked (they had to be taken out twice because they wouldn't do their business in the rain and needed to go out again when the rain slowed down :laugh: ) and the sheets changed and 25 minutes on the exercise bike.

:flowerforyou: Everyday, it's good to hear from you.......I should spend more time being active and less time on the computer :laugh:

:flowerforyou: leshawnturner, I look forward to hearing about your success with the new DVDs and pedometer

Yesterday I logged 12,641 steps......it was higher than I expected because I rode the exercise bike extra long while watching the Yankees win the baseball playoff game. :bigsmile:

Don't let the rain get you down. :bigsmile: drink some water :drinker: and get moving.
    hugs :heart: Barbie
  • everyday
    everyday Posts: 127
    Options
    Hi Girls

O- My I am behind a weeks worth of posts, so glad to see EVERYONE is up moving & highly motivated!!

Pes Nice to see you, gotta say you dont look your age. Thanks for the LS dvd titles, which is your fav?
    Congrats on your 1+ lbs loss!!!

Calie....You go girl !! 4000 steps is AWESOME!! LOL ~w/ your pup, bringing creatures in, our Lab brings in lizards, when he catches them!!

Barbie I like your POSITVE attitude, I am sure it was a major force in your super weight loss. Keep it up!!

leshawn We have a Gazelle, I used it on the back porch in the fresh air when the weather is nice. I looked at my counter on mine , do you have it snapped tight? Hope your enjoying!!

Dragonfly We are huge TCM watchers!!! We recorded & watched Grapes of Wrath last eve! It took me years to get over the black & white, but now I know if they are B & W oldies, chances are they will be classic goodies! Did ya catch the Robert Mithum/ Shelly Winters movie, the other night, darn forgot the name,( I'll have to look it up) he was CREEPY- good!! I ate 2 apples today after reading your 4-5 per day, I think it was!?! AWESOME!! (((1955- Night of the Hunter)))

Annasid, getinfitmama & tabbi.... HI !!

I'll have to read further next time... I helped my husband today... were in the process of building our dream house. I carried 20-40 lb blocks, So my 10k steps so far today were slow, loaded & tiring!! I am bushed!!

Good nite!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I had a slip up today. Forgot to put my pedometer in my pocket. Finally did about 30miutes ago. so no reading for me today. All I have done is mess around the house and went to the foot doctor to get my toe nails trim and get a percription for Diabetic shoes and inserts. Its has been cold here and rainy all day.
    So I didn't plan on any walks. Calie
  • everyday
    Options
    Good Morning all :smile:

My Monday total 11379

Calie Keep plug-N along ! !

Pes WoW- E you could tell how exhausted I was by my pm, last eve :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: I ment to say, that new LS dvd w/ Pilates is coming out ~ JAN 2010, not 09.

leshawn Didn't think about it, but your tracker on your Gazelle should read out 8888 to clear, press the button till it reads it. Hope it works for you. :smile:

TTFN
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hello!!!

Everday - thanks for the advice. I checked it and rechecked but there is nothing on the screen!!! Not a thing :sad: so I'll figure out something. I've started doing the walk away the pounds dvds too so I'm doing pretty good.

Question to the group: Does anyone know what those patches are called that you put on the bottom of your feet to help pull out the toxins?? I want to give it a try because I have fibromyalgia and my doctor said part of fibro is that the toxins that your body releases naturally (especially through exercise) my body won't release it so it stores in my body and I keep getting sicker. So if you know what its called and where I can get it please let me know.

Thanks!!! Have a great day!!!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!

Everday - thanks for the advice. I checked it and rechecked but there is nothing on the screen!!! Not a thing :sad: so I'll figure out something. I've started doing the walk away the pounds dvds too so I'm doing pretty good.

Question to the group: Does anyone know what those patches are called that you put on the bottom of your feet to help pull out the toxins?? I want to give it a try because I have fibromyalgia and my doctor said part of fibro is that the toxins that your body releases naturally (especially through exercise) my body won't release it so it stores in my body and I keep getting sicker. So if you know what its called and where I can get it please let me know.

Thanks!!! Have a great day!!!
    Hi Everybody,
    Missed my am w/o this morning, drat!!:grumble: so now i'm off to get after it - i just really needed to post so i can hold myself accountable. had a pretty light walking day at work today for some reason - only logged 3818 steps so far today so i really have to get movin'!! I'm going to feel better afterwards,, right??? RIGHT!

Leshawn - The only thing i know about removing toxins from the body that promtes a general sense of well being is Braggs Apple CIder Vinegar (it's organic and unfiltered). Shake the bottle and drink like a shot or two before bed ( i add water to mine to cut the bitterness of the taste, some people add a teaspoon of honey) and the toxins are released the next morning. Check out their website or google Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar - there's a ton of info that is very helpful.
    Man, I'd love to just have a day off and watch biggest loser:laugh:
    (((Hugs))) to Everybody
    J:heart:
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hey Guys,
    I did it!!!! woo hoo!! :drinker: 63 minutes of cardio and weights!!! and I'm so done :laugh:
    Have a great nite everybody,
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    steps yesterday 11,895 :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: everyday, they say that if you can build a house with your husband, then you have a really solid marriage.......enjoy your dream home :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Marie, sorry about your "no walking" day. Each day is a new beginning.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: leshawn, the only thing I know about removing toxins from your body is Isagenix

:flowerforyou: Janet, you are so focused, I knew you would get yourself back on track.

Now it's time for me to get back on the exercise bike. We went out to lunch today and had a sensible lunch (Buddhist's Delight with brown rice and a fortune cookie) but it will take some exercise to be even with it.
    pleasant dreams and hugs to all:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

The last two days haven't been good. Yesterday, I attended a seminar on 3 1/2 hours sleep. After it ended, I had a long drive home, and despite good intentions, fell asleep for 10 hours. This morning I got up feeling dragged out and only put 2.5 miles on the pedometer. What's worse is that I've had a pain in my back and didn't exercise today. I DREAD my Weight Watchers weigh-in tomorrow. (I overate by about 350 calories today, kept telling myself I'd exercise later in the day.) I usually get like this if I'm not feeling well or about to come down with something. I just want to do better tomorrow.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey there, I got 3500 steps in yesterday. Was a beautiful day. But cloudy today and talk of more rain. My yard will never dry up. Its a mud hole. Calie
  • everyday
    Options
    Hi :smile:

Hope everyone has had a good day!

My Tues steps were 11173.

October is coming to a end soon ... I am keeping track for the month, to make my goal of 310 thousand anybody else?

Calie We have had a storm a brewing all day, we were out & it hailed on us doesnt happen often.

Been a long one, gotta catch up later.
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Hi Guys,

As it turns out, I haven't been feeling well physically. Yesterday I was in bed with an incapacitating headache and persistent pains in one side of my back. I'm going to try to see my doctor today, and want to get back on track asap. Other than a couple of sandwich thins, I was unable to eat at all yesterday. I hope you guys are doing well, and I'm able to get back into my routine within the next day or two. Take care, :sad:
  • everyday
    Options
    Hello I'm full of ?????s this am.

leshawn :sad: with your Gazelle! Are you a newbie toLS dvd's? Which LS dvds are you doing? I have not heard of the patches.

Dragonfly Great come back & I bet you felt better after?!?! BAC Vinegar sounds interesting, I'll have to check into it.

Barbie THANKS!! :flowerforyou: Are you speaking from experience? We have so much work ahead of us , but are way excited. What is Isagenix?

Pes Sorry your sick,:frown: hope your feeling better fast!

Calie Hope the sun it shinning over there!

My Wed steps 11871

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hit the 4,000 steps yesterday. I am going to do my best to keep it up there for awhile before I jump into another #.

Hope you get to feeling better Pes.

Good for you Everday.

Barbiecat I am getting pack. I just hope I don't leave my Medication out. And my pedometer. Would be lost without that. Have pedometer will travel. Jerry is out picking pecans this morning. We have a storm a brewing in a few minuets. Better get up and get some walking in before it hit.

Marie
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Caliecat - YOU GO GIRL!!!!!! Good job on your stepps!! :bigsmile: :drinker:

Janet - can I get the apple cider vinegar from the grocery store or do I have to go to a health food store?? :huh:

Barbie - What's lsagenix?? :huh:

Everyday - I'm not a newbie to LS dvds. I have her old VHS WATPs with the weighted balls and with the slimming belt. I also have walk and jog and walk strong. Both are excellent!! I just forget that I have her sometimes :embarassed: , so next week I'm going to incorporate my new 5 day slim down with my WW workout. I'll do 1 in the AM and 1 in the PM.

Pes - Get some rest and feel better soon!!! :flowerforyou:

Keep up the good work ladies!!!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I have been super busy and haven't been posting. It's starting to look like winter here and I found a fabulous ski jacket (I don't ski, I just wanted something warm with a bunch of pockets) on sale for half price and it fit me and looks great. I wore it to the dog park and Sasha put doggie prints on it when she jumped up on me. :laugh: :laugh:

Isagenix is a fat burning and nutritional cleansing program that I have been following and using since March. the once a week cleanse day cleans impurities from your body and helps the body release fat. the meal replacement shakes are the cleanest most balanced and nutritious foods with very low calories.
    I have Isagenix shakes for two meals a day and the rest of my calories come from lean protein, veggies, fruits, cereal, almond milk, hummus, peanut butter, and other healthy stuff.

:flowerforyou: Pes, I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well....I hope you feel better soon.

:flowerforyou: I've heard good stuff about apple cider vinegar, especially the stuff made by Braggs.....I've seen it in a health food store.

:flowerforyou: Calie, have a great trip......I know you'll remember to pack everything including your pedometer. Have a great time.

steps Tuesday 19054 :bigsmile:
    steps Wednesday 12290 :bigsmile:

Hope this is a great day for all of you :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi It pour down rain all morning and after lunch too. but has clear up now and turning cold. So the wimp that i am I didn't get too many steps in. I think 2300, Should have around 3,000 by bed time.
    Yesterday I did reach 4,000.

Pes are you feeling better??????/

See you all next Monday.
    Take an extra step for me.
    Calie
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Hi Girls,

I was unable to get an appointment with my physician today but I started to feel better as the day progressed. I initially took it easy and did 2.3 miles walking leisurely, then later in the day I took a 2 mile walk with my dog. After several hours rest, I tackled Leslie Sansone's "Start Walking At Home 3 Mile Walk." Grand total = 7.3 miles.

Calie, you are doing great! Congratulations on your progress and have a great weekend.

Barbie, 3 pound from your goal and you look great! What a feat losing all that weight, not only do you look nice and trim, that's a real testament to your persistence in meeting your goal. Very impressive.

Janet, I am eager to hear your impression of the walking DVD. I hope you try it as soon as you get it and let me know. You're doing great - caught your posts on TJ! Wow!

leshawnturner, hey I have the 5 Day Slim Day and I think it's a great DVD! Let me know what you think. Have you replaced your pedometer?

everyday, you're doing very well. Yo've really increased your steps since you started posting!!!

Have a great day, all my walking buddies!!!:flowerforyou:
  • everyday
    Options
    Good Friday Morn :flowerforyou:

Calie Woo- hoo for you..... 4000 steps! :smile:

leshawn I have LS 5 day Slim Down coming from Netflix to give it a try. AM & PM w/o's will give you great results!!! :smile:

Barbie OMGoodness, YOURE MY HERO !!! Almost at your goal & what is so ~amazing~ I see its only been since Jan. Your proving .... "it can be done !!! " :happy: :happy: :happy: Thanks for the info on your Isagenix. :smile:

Pes So glad your up & feeling better!! :smile:

My Thurs steps 10260 We did not work yesterday, but I strolled our new neighboor hood! It was very fall-e & nice!!! :smile:
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    I haven't disappeared - been a little off last 2 days. A dear friend of mine died suddenly from a massive heart attack and I guess I am a little shocked and very saddened. I haven't w/o in 2 days and I feel really guilty about that but I am emotionally exhausted and have been running around involved in other necessary things during this time. Trying to stay on track w/ the food but honestly not winning any prizes there - I was over cals by like 600 yesterday - I was moving around but have no idea how to log it.
    I feel a little selfish even thinking about exercising (posting) but I have to do what I need to do to take care of me.:cry:

I did get the LS walking dvd in the mail and can't wait to try it. I am planning to take a break and give it a shot tonight but if not definetly this weekend. I think things will get back to normal after memorial service on Saturday.
    Glad to see all are doing well.

Pez - so glad you're feeling better.
    Callie - I am so proud of you for getting to 4000 - such an outstanding job!!

Take Care,
    Barbie- thanks for the info on isagenex I want to read up on it, maybe give it a try. BTW i'm a hummus nut too! Current fav Sabra hummus w/ roasted pine nuts... delish!
    Leshawn - I get mine from Krogers in the health food section, HEB has it too, and I'm sure any health store would carry it. If not you can order online , just google Bragg apple cider vinegar.