Walking With Pedometers

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning, nothing new around here. Just a beautiful day. I almost got my 4,000 steps in yesterday but not quite. Sammy and I will make it today. My hips were given me a fit yesterday and Mon. but all of a sudden it went away last night. I guess they were tire of sitting so long in the car.
    Gotta go. Calie
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Good morning, nothing new around here. Just a beautiful day. I almost got my 4,000 steps in yesterday but not quite. Sammy and I will make it today. My hips were given me a fit yesterday and Mon. but all of a sudden it went away last night. I guess they were tire of sitting so long in the car.
    Gotta go. Calie

That's a nice picture, Calie.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,005 Member
    Options
    Steps yesterday just over 14,000
    I might do that again today if I get off the computer and get moving :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Calie, that's a great picture. Thanks for posting it. Tell Sammy he's a doll for getting you to walk.

:flowerforyou: Pes, even when it's a light day for you it's still great.......keep up the good work.:bigsmile:

someone gave me a beautiful squash and I made apple squash soup out of it using apples from my friend's tree. We'll eat some of it tomorrow and I froze the rest.
    hugs:heart::heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Greetings! Hope everyone is well. Today I walked over 10 miles and here's the breakdown: walked leisurely for 4 to 5 miles (can't be more precise because some of the mileage was left over since I exercised after midnight), did a 2 miles LS "Walk Away The Pounds" DVD and just finished LS "4 Fast Miles." My pedometer only registered 18,860 which is roughly equivalent to 8.2 miles.

I know I've said this before, but it bears repeating: I am grateful to everyone who posts on this thread. Your presence makes me accountable, and this accountability motivates me to get up and exercise everyday, whether I feel like it or not. Here I have been able to succeed where I wasn't on my own and even with WW meetings. I still attend them because every bit of support helps and keeps me focused on my goal. I just want to thank each and every one of you. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I got my pedometer at Newlifestyles.com it is a digi-walker SW-200 it has a security strap so it won't fall off and get lost. I LOVE it I've walked well over a million steps since the first of August! Even amazed myself!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome, Shariguymon
    This is a great group. Yesterday I walked over 16,000 steps which only tells part of the story because I know that a lot of the lateral moves and turns I do at line dance don't count as steps on my pedometer also the jumping up and down and dance moves I did while watching the World Series probably didn't count either:flowerforyou: :laugh:

I am lucky because I always have about 1200 steps before breakfast just from walking the dogs.

I lost another pound this week which makes me very happy. The closer I get to my goal the more surprised I am to lose a pound a week.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    hugs:heart: Barbie
  • RobbinMarie
    Options
    The Ipod Nanos are on sale at Walmart this week for 99$. (just saw the ad last night)
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    I got my pedometer at Newlifestyles.com it is a digi-walker SW-200 it has a security strap so it won't fall off and get lost. I LOVE it I've walked well over a million steps since the first of August! Even amazed myself!

Welcome, Shariguymon. It sounds like you fit right here with the rest of us walkers. Congratulations on walking over a million steps. Very impressive. I purchased several pedometers from newlifestyles.com (either sw-701s or cw-701s). You have a fine pedometer that should hold you in good stead for a long time. Hope to see you back very soon.
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    barbiecat.. thanks for the welcome and that is truly great walking! I've been walking with the seniors in our community, our goal is to walk around the world with all of our steps combined. I've walked a bit over 16,000 today and Yoga class didn't count for much. I got the most walking to the bank, stores, and around town along with time on my elliptical. I'm so happy for the crisp sunny days, great for walking outside.

Thanks to Peschuntz for the welcome as well. Looks like we're all in for some fun as we continue our trek!
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    So glad you've come back, shariguymon. Hi girls, today I walked just over 8 miles. I mile of leisurely walking, and I also completed a 3 mile and 4 mile Leslie Sansone DVD. I have been hungrier these past several days and eating more, but I am disciplined enough to not go to sleep until I have done enough exercise to burn off the calories. Carbs are my weakness, particularly popcorn and Arnold's Sandwich Thins. I have been breaking even with exercise but it has slowed my weight loss. Is anyone else facing this or a similar situation? Talk to you later. :flowerforyou:

Check this out: www.walkingabout.com/od/measure/tp/pedometers.htm
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hey ladies!!!! I've been out of pocket all week with conferences at work but I haven't forgotten about my walking buddies!!! I haven't been wearing my pedo because I've been wearing dresses and have no where to put it. But I did more walking than I thought I would do because I was going to 2 conferences (so walking back and forth) plus there was no close parking (so walking back and forth to the car). I did pretty good I think!! Plus I still got in my normal workouts!!!

Have a great weekend!!!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    I haven't been wearing my pedo because I've been wearing dresses and have no where to put it.

I have a small purse with a long shoulder strap that I use with dresses (I only have on dress so it doesn't happen often:laugh: ). It hangs around my neck and shoulder and moves enough as I walk to count steps.

I think my step count will decrease this month as I do more indoor walking. Yesterday I did the Leslie Sansone "walk off your hips and thighs". It's a two mile walk but with all the side steps, my pedometer only registered 1.5 miles. so I'll figure that I'm really walking more than I realize. I'll only count the steps on the pedometer to make sure I don't give myself too much credit. :laugh: I get some credit for steps on the exercise bike but not nearly comparable to the effort I put out.

Steps yesterday 14341.

Leshawn, parking far away is something I always do to get more steps.
    have a great day :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Barbie
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Thanks Barbie, that's a good suggestion!!!

Welcome to any newcomers!!! :drinker: :laugh:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Barbiecat. I can't get my ped. to count my steps if I walk in place.

I got around 3500 steps today. The weather was just devine today, tomorrow should be around 80.

You are all doing so good I feel like I am not doing my part. Maybe some day.I will reach 10,000 I am still planning on it.

Calie
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Barbiecat. I can't get my ped. to count my steps if I walk in place.

I got around 3500 steps today. The weather was just devine today, tomorrow should be around 80.

You are all doing so good I feel like I am not doing my part. Maybe some day.I will reach 10,000 I am still planning on it.

Calie

Hey Calie,

That's the frustration of pedometers, none of them count walking in place or taking lateral steps. You are doing fine for you. I know it's difficult at times to not compare yourself with others. but regardless of how well we may be doing, someone will always be doing better. This is why it's best to build on your own success. I like that you said maybe some day you'll reach 10,000. It's so smart to set these types of goals. I am envious that you have such great weather - 80 degrees wow! (It's in the 40s here.)
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Tonight I walked on my treadmill for just over 5 miles for 90 minutes. I also walked leisurely for 2 miles. I am hoping even at this very late hour, to do at least one mile, but as it stands now, I have completed 7 miles. I am a person who likes a certain amount of precision, but my pedometer, treadmill, heart rate monitor and the calories burned after I enter my "Exercise" all give very different readings. I purposely continue to underestimate my exercise since I think it's better than becoming falsely complacent. Good night.:drinker:
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Wow, I feel like I'm the only poster left on this thread . . . I walked 3.03 miles (leisurely), completed a Leslie Sansone "Walk Your Belly Flat" DVD (3 miles & ab exercise) and then walked 2 1/2 miles on my treadmill for a total of 8 1/2 miles today. Hope everyone is doing well. :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Today was a minimal exercise day for me that included a meeting for our business , a long visit with friends, and a gratitude dinner which was a 300 person potluck with a speaker. When we got home and I recorded what I ate (chicken, turkey, salad, and apples) I was over my calories and way under on my pedometer so I've been on the exercise bike, walking the dogs, and walking up and down the hall, getting the steps I needed and burning more calories.

A few minutes ago I got to 11,000 steps and enough exercise calories to match the food I ate.

Now it's way past my bedtime and when the dogs want to get up at six, I'll be sorry:laugh: :laugh:
    hugs,:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    I got 3000 steps in yesterday. Our weather has been absolutely dedine the last few days. Wish it would stayed like this the year around. ..............Calie..........
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: The dogs let me sleep until seven this morning so I got to walk them without a flashlight.:bigsmile: I'll be taking them to the dog park in a few minutes and get more steps. I got some steps this morning walking around WalMart. I walked a lot but didn't buy anything.

the dogs are bugging me so it must be time to go. Hubby has a friend coming over soon and I want to go somewhere so they can have a private visit.

Marie, keep on walking----every step counts :smile:

Pes, nobody has to tell you to keep on walking, I think you'd walk all night :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You are so focused and disciplined:bigsmile: :bigsmile: