Walking With Pedometers

Options

Replies

• leshawnturner
    Options
    Janet - I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. Take care of yourself and you are in my prayers. :heart: Thanks for the info on the vinegar too.

Barbie - thanks for the info I'm going to google it and find out where I can purchase it here.

Pes - I'm glad you are feeling better. I didn't replace my pedometer yet but I will this weekend.

Keep up all of the great work ladies!!!!
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi Janet,

I am so sorry about your loss and understand your situation completely. This is such a trying time, do what you are able with your exercise/eating, and then let it go. Please do not beat yourself up. Hang in there cutie! Faith
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,005 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Janet, I am so sorry about your friend. Give yourself a break by not beating yourself up for being human. the grief will lessen and you'll be back on track soon enough.

:flowerforyou: leshawn. Isagenix has to be purchased through a consultant. It's not sold in stores. If there's no one near you, it can be handled via the computer or the phone.........send me a personal message if you want to know more.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Faith, are you feeling better?

:flowerforyou: Everyday, I love neighborhood walks. The last three times we moved, I insisted on living in a neighborhood that seemed safe and comfortable for taking a walk.

Steps yesterday
    I'm happy with that.

I went to line dance today in my pumpkin costume.:laugh:
    hugs:heart: Barbie
  • everyday
    everyday Posts: 127
    Options
    Dragonfly.. I am sorry!!! ((((HUGS))))
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Family,
    Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers - I finally got time and went for a good brisk walk this morning around 7am before the memorial service. It was a good time to reflect - the memorial service was absolutely beautiful - I think my friend would have been happy. All of her friends and her family showed up and I got a chance to visit with them and tell them some happy things about their mom/daughter. it's after 7pm and i'm just getting home - totally wiped out. Just checked the pedometer for the day and it was 10,226 for the day - so I feel pretty good about that.
    Getting ready to settle down w/ a roast beef sandwich from subway and a good movie. Time for rest and quiet.
    Hope all are doing well and enjoying trick or treat! We've got plenty of little ghosts and goblins running around the neighborhood. Gratefully my next door neighbor's sun has finally outgrown being a chainsaw monster and revving that saw all night , lol!!! I think he's discovered the young ladies:laugh:

Take care and i'll talk to you later,
    J:heart:
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Janet, thanks for the update, you were in my thoughts today, and I'm glad you're doing ok. Back in the saddle today with 8.1 miles under my belt. I also walked 18,360 steps, outside and on the treadmill.
    I hope everyone is enjoying her weekend. Take care, talk to you soon.:smile:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Janet, I'm glad you're walking through this grief with exercise and a great attitude.

We had more than 50 Trick-or-Treaters tonight. We gave out quarters instead of candy so we didn't have to deal with temptation and what to do with the leftovers.

I think I finished the month with an average of almost 16,000 steps per day. i don't expect to do as well in November with even shorter days and more rain, and maybe snow.

I bought a Leslie Sansone walking DVD at Wal Mart today. I'll try it soon. :bigsmile:
    hugs, :heart: :heart: :heart: Barbie
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Janet, I'm glad you're walking through this grief with exercise and a great attitude.

I bought a Leslie Sansone walking DVD at Wal Mart today. I'll try it soon. :bigsmile:

Which DVD did you get, Barb?
  • everyday
    Options
    Hi Girls Hope everyone had a fun/ safe Halloween!!

Janet I believe a brisk/ reflective walk helps almost anything!! :smile: Glad to see your doing well, after your recent loss.

Pes I am eating your dust... :wink: good job 18k!!

Barbie No t/t here. Great idea with giving coin opposed to candy! WTG... 16k average a day is awesome!! :smile:

Mt last 2 days were slow.....

Fri 8078, we had a yard sale
    Sat 8317 I came home & changed & forgot to clip my meter on, so 2 hrs of walking the local Nursery was loss. :ohwell:

Gotta count my total for Oct, I'll post next time.

HAPPY November girls :flowerforyou:
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Hello Girls! Not a bad day , did 2 of Leslie Sansone's DVDs for a 4-mile total. Walked on treadmill for 3.25 miles and walked leisurely for at least 2 miles for a total of 9.25 miles. Have a wonderful week, but please don't wander too far from us or you will be missed. :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Calie, I love your new avatar, is that Sam?
  • barbiecat
    Options
    We drove two hours each way to a five hour meeting in Tacoma so maybe if I ride the exercise bike until bedtime I can burn enough calories to match the food I ate today :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I gott "Walk Off Your Hips and Thighs" from Leslie Sansone. It has a fit cuff (an exercise band that wraps around your ankles with velcro for the part of the DVD that is exercises. I haven't tried it yet. It was the only one they had at WalMart. I'll probably try it tomorrow. I can't do it now because we're watching the World Series.

I have only 6000 steps so far. In October I averaged 16,000 steps a day. this will drag my average down. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Everyday, my husband forgot his pedometer today and was really bummed out when he realized it.

I guess I could walk in place and watch TV while hubby is on the bike
    hugs:heart: Barbie
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hey ladies!!!

I didn't go buy my new pedometer but I got a free one to use until I can go buy one. State Farm agents gave them out at my church on Saturday (I went to Zumba that day). So its still making me take notice and get up and move so I'm happy!!

My 2 a day workouts are going well so far. This week I'm doing the 5 day slim WATP (Leslie Sansone) in the AM plus 5 min abs and Firm (25 min express) in the PM. I've done 2 days so far. I'm doing okay, my knees are a little creaky but other than that I'm good. I'm still battling with my eating, but my water has gotten a lot better.

Keep up the good work!!!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Pes this is not Sammy. I foun this somewhere and copy it. Sammy lost a lb this week. so proud of him. I pick it up and some more. We would like for him to lose about 4 more lbs.
    My walking is nothing to brag about. I am so sore from being in the car so much and eating too much. But don't give up on me yet. Calie
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Calie,

Funny you should say that, Taffi needs to lose between 4 and 5 pounds too!

Oh boy, shoot out my kneecaps. I walked a total of 8 miles thus far, but they were difficult miles - walked on treadmill for 92 minutes on an incline. I wanted to jump off at 2 points but reminded myself how much I miss wearing nice clothes in a small size instead of sweat pants. Funny how far that image can motivate me. How about the rest of you guys? How was today for you? :drinker:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I tried the Leslie Sansone DVD this morning. She has a nice way of keeping you motivated but I kept looking at the beautiful studio she was in and thinking how perfect it would be for line dance.:laugh: I "walked" the whole two miles but my pedometer told me it was less than that
    probably the lateral moves, but it was fun and something I'll do again.

I saw the doctor again and I'd lost weight and my blood pressure was lower than it had been at the doctor's office. All the things I was worried about didn't happen and at least for the foreseeable future I don't have anything bad coming up.:bigsmile:

Walking in place while watching TV last night got me to just over 10,000 steps
    not my usual number but better than I expected. :bigsmile:

I found out today that I can knit and ride the exercise bike:laugh:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    My steps yesterday were garbage, but at least I got in both of my workouts. I walked again this morning with Leslie. Barbie you are right she does have a very nice studio. I have conferences today (so a lot of sitting) but I'm still trying to get my steps in today. Plus, i will be eating out today due to the conferences (no where to keep my lunch). But good luck everyone!!! Drink some water!!!
  • everyday
    Options
    Hi Girls, hope everyone is well :smile:

Just a fast run by.. I just totaled up my Oct steps- 334983, 132+ miles. I made my goal of 310 k :smile:

So I am to uping my goal for Nov to 11k per day:tongue: hoping to make 12..... we will see, I gotta pick up the pace to lose these lbs.

Sun steps 9127- House work/ Laundry
    Mon steps 16100 most at work, carring boards & stakes I felt it today!

Biggest Loser is coming on in a few,

TTTT
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Great job everyday!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I didn't get to the exercise DVD's today but I did take a walk at Costco and all I bought was hummus.

I've been on the exercise bike a few times today and that along with dog walking and going to the dog park, my steps are over 12,000 which is below my last month's goal of 14,000 steps average, but pretty good. I am torn between the computer, knitting, and getting up and walking in place while watching TV.

I'll be going to bed early since we got up at five.
    hugs :heart: :heart: Barbie
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Light day with only 6.25 miles under my belt. 2.5 miles leisurely walking, 2.75 miles on the treadmill and one mile using a Leslie Sansone DVD. Here's to a better tomorrow. :drinker: