Options

Replies

• haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    i want to look something like this.

Linsey-Kaye.jpg

i think muscles are incredibly sexy

I think she's sexy. she has muscles, but they aren't bulging out.

This is better :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Anything taken to extremes is going to have people think it's "gross," whether it's very thin, very fat, very muscular, very large breasts, very small breasts, yadda yadda yadda.

But a lot of people don't seem to take context into the photos. Whether or not someone is flexing, if they're at a lower body fat for a photo shoot or competition, the lighting and pose, etc.

The people who think Jamie Eason's arms are too much here...

unknown10.jpg

... probably wouldn't have a problem with her arms here...

JamieEason1.jpg

Dancing with the Stars' Karina Smirnoff looks "soft and feminine" here...

karina-smirnoff.jpg

... but while dancing, her muscles pop more....

jr-martinez-karina-smirnoff-talk-about-last-nights-performances.jpg

For the vast majority of women, no matter how heavy you lift, as long as you don't do steroids, have very low body fat, and walk around oiled, bronzed and flexing... you're not going to look "too" muscular.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Anything taken to extremes is going to have people think it's "gross," whether it's very thin, very fat, very muscular, very large breasts, very small breasts, yadda yadda yadda.

But a lot of people don't seem to take context into the photos. Whether or not someone is flexing, if they're at a lower body fat for a photo shoot or competition, the lighting and pose, etc.

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

For the vast majority of women, no matter how heavy you lift, as long as you don't do steroids, have very low body fat, and walk around oiled, bronzed and flexing... you're not going to look "too" muscular.
    Yup, pretty much. When people mention tans and fake breasts and being too ripped, these are all things that help figure competitors win their competitions. They don't look like that all year round.

My rule of thumb is don't jab steroids in your butt cheek and you're probably fine.
  • deads99
    deads99 Posts: 77
    Options
    no thanks.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options

unknown10.jpg

JamieEason1.jpg

karina-smirnoff.jpg

jr-martinez-karina-smirnoff-talk-about-last-nights-performances.jpg

^^^^This. If you saw what most of these women look like when they aren't competing, they look like any other woman. Posing, flexing, lighting...it all makes a difference in how muscular they appear.
  • deads99
    deads99 Posts: 77
    Options
    a perfect curvy girl is way sexier

muscles on girls is a big turn off.
  • bestbeth1
    bestbeth1 Posts: 6
    Options
    Be yourself, always. If you love yourself, other people will love you:heart:
  • bestbeth1
    Options
    Bikini body! Beautiful! Men want to b the strong ones, so of course a MAN would be intimidated by a strong sexy woman.No on ever said i want too be "fluffy" and "Weak"?
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    This

380264_396228137083132_1939165245_n.jpg

is much sexier than this

muscular-woman1.jpg
  • bestbeth1
    Options
    I like a fit and feminine look.
    [/quote]
  • bestbeth1
    Options
    :heart:

Bottom line:

a) decide the kind of body you want
    b) work hard toward obtaining it
    c) find a partner that is attracted to your body
    d) ignore everyone else's opinion
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    i want to look something like this.

Linsey-Kaye.jpg

i think muscles are incredibly sexy

^^^ this is my goal and I think very sexy some of the other more defined pic`s posted are just alittle much IMO
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Men want to b the strong ones, so of course a MAN would be intimidated by a strong sexy woman.

I beg to differ. Some people with a penis might be intimidated, but a MAN in all caps like that wouldn't be. Because a MAN is confident and secure.

My husband had a workplace injury a month ago and is on all kinds of restrictions. I would wager money that he's thankful, not intimidated, that his wife is strong enough to move furniture, bring in the groceries, take out the trash, etc. on my own.

I bought a weight bench and weights yesterday. The box weighed more than I do. I brought it in the house myself. I'm setting it up myself now. He's still very much a man and I'm very much a woman. We just don't believe in outdated gender roles.

Edited to add: I fully support preferences. If a guy isn't attracted to a more muscular woman, fine! But if he's intimidated... ffs, grow a pair! :laugh:
  • SherryLohr
    SherryLohr Posts: 18
    Options
    I have to say that while toning is nice on girls, muscles are not. This is my opinion so please no one bash me for it!! I don't like the way it looks when women have big muscles sticking out of their arms and chest and stomach. I personally think it takes away her femininity. However, if you think it looks good and that is your goal then by all means do not let anyone get in your way! As you can see most people on here commented that they like it! :)
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I beg to differ. Some people with a penis might be intimidated, but a MAN in all caps like that wouldn't be. Because a MAN is confident and secure.

My husband had a workplace injury a month ago and is on all kinds of restrictions. I would wager money that he's thankful, not intimidated, that his wife is strong enough to move furniture, bring in the groceries, take out the trash, etc. on my own.

I bought a weight bench and weights yesterday. The box weighed more than I do. I brought it in the house myself. I'm setting it up myself now. He's still very much a man and I'm very much a woman. We just don't believe in outdated gender roles.

Edited to add: I fully support preferences. If a guy isn't attracted to a more muscular woman, fine! But if he's intimidated... ffs, grow a pair! :laugh:

I have the biggest ladyboner right now.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I seriously doubt any of the men in this thread who say they don't like a lot of muscle on women have said it because they are intimidated. Maybe they're just attracted to femininity and don't feel that having huge, veiny arms is particularly feminine.

I have a muscular, athletic body. It used to bother me a lot because I didn't think it was feminine. These days, since I have gotten leaner, having muscle makes me feel way sexier than these "skinny" girls walking around with cellulite all over their thighs, so I couldn't care less whether or not some random guy agrees. But I also am not going to accuse said guy of being intimidated by me if he doesn't find my body type to be attractive. He's allowed to like what he likes without being insulted.
  • ironanimal
    Options
    This

is much sexier than this

muscular-woman1.jpg
    And both are trumped, IMO, by;
    tumblr_m5srcaTVGl1r9uzbmo1_500.jpg
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I seriously doubt any of the men in this thread who say they don't like a lot of muscle on women have said it because they are intimidated. Maybe they're just attracted to femininity and don't feel that having huge, veiny arms is particularly feminine.

I have a muscular, athletic body. It used to bother me a lot because I didn't think it was feminine. These days, since I have gotten leaner, having muscle makes me feel way sexier than these "skinny" girls walking around with cellulite all over their thighs, so I couldn't care less whether or not some random guy agrees. But I also am not going to accuse said guy of being intimidated by me if he doesn't find my body type to be attractive. He's allowed to like what he likes without being insulted.

This! I think most people that get offended by someone not finding that body type attractive are the ones who aspire to that body type,and are taking it personal.
    Last time I checked is someone said they do not prefer blonds the were not told they were just intimdated by them or lying lol
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    This

is much sexier than this

muscular-woman1.jpg
    And both are trumped, IMO, by;
    tumblr_m5srcaTVGl1r9uzbmo1_500.jpg

To each his own, but I'm hispanic, we're born with Sir-Mix-A-Lot syndrome.
  • ironanimal
    Options
    To each his own, but I'm hispanic, we're born with Sir-Mix-A-Lot syndrome.
    Bahaha! Well I am a butt man, but I prefer a toned, rounded butt rather than one that big. Fair play to you.