girls with muscle - sexy or turn off?

Options
TriThreat
TriThreat Posts: 313
This isn't just a question for the guys, I wanna hear what the other ladies think too.

I love sculpting and building muscle. But my mom and my sister tell me that muscle looks "ugly" on a girl, or that it will make me too "manly". (They say that too because their men tell them that they don't need muscle)

What do YOU think? Are girls with muscle sexy? or does it become a turn off?

Replies

• trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Extremely sexy. Even pro fitness models - HOT. The IFBB bodybuilder pro's are too much though...but the physique and bikini divisions are perfect
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Extremely sexy. Even pro fitness models - HOT. The IFBB bodybuilder pro's are too much though...but the physique and bikini divisions are perfect

This
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Define "sculpting and building muscle".

If you're talking about "toned" with some little muscle definition but with some feminine curves, then to me that's sexy

But very large visible muscles (body builder competition style) are, to me, a turn-off.

Of course, the most important thing is that there's someone out there who loves pretty much every look, and they'll be the most attracted to the look if it comes with the confidence that this is the look you WANTED TO ACHIEVE, rather than something you did because a bunch of random guys on an Internet forum said it looked "best".

Be yourself, always. If you love yourself, other people will love you.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    people-s-eyebrow-o.gif&sa=X&ei=ggr7T6etOIe2rQH0sqyNCQ&ved=0CAwQ8wc4Dw&usg=AFQjCNFX5H02edsUgbZsPutMC6Gt2nraAQ
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    Well, I'm a girl and think it's sexy. Unfortunately, my family and my boyfriend don't agree. We had this discussion last night at dinner. I pulled up a this picture (my dream body) to show him that muscle was sexy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHR2mgRxXg3sNTf4GR_aDSRBSRYfFKJN5yv88gspoB-o9p2C2Zuw

He said her arms were gross. Whatever...people are crazy.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    SEXY! 100%
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a girl and think it's sexy. Unfortunately, my family and my boyfriend don't agree. We had this discussion last night at dinner. I pulled up a this picture (my dream body) to show him that muscle was sexy

He said her arms were gross. Whatever...people are crazy.

thats about perfect.

This imo is my absolute fav:
    12.-Jenna-Renee-1-320x400.jpg

41157e7e6df711e18bb812313804a181_6.jpg
  • YokoJ
    YokoJ Posts: 253
    Options
    Depends what you mean....when you say ladies with muscles I think super manly benching 400 lbs. An that in my opinion isn't sexy. But a woman with toned arms, stomach and legs are very sexy.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    Define "sculpting and building muscle".

If you're talking about "toned" with some little muscle definition but with some feminine curves, then to me that's sexy

But very large visible muscles (body builder competition style) are, to me, a turn-off.

Of course, the most important thing is that there's someone out there who loves pretty much every look, and they'll be the most attracted to the look if it comes with the confidence that this is the look you WANTED TO ACHIEVE, rather than something you did because a bunch of random guys on an Internet forum said it looked "best".

Be yourself, always. If you love yourself, other people will love you.

I'm not going pro-body builder haha but I'm going for some nice visible ab muscles and working on my biceps.
  • strongandhealthy78
    strongandhealthy78 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I say. . . super sexy! I think that strong people in general are sexy! While I'm a happy lesbian, I find all bodies with muscles very appealing (especially if the people also have kind eyes and a sweet smile).
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Toned is just fine to me but being all bulked up doesn't appeal to me or my bf. I want to maintain a certain level of softness, just a healthy soft.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I think fit , defined girls are effing gorgeous. It's what I'd like to be. My husband prefers women soft (neither thin nor fit). Opinions vary pretty widely on this. I'd say your best bet is to work for the body and feeling -you- want, and screw the haters :P.
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Personally I think it depends on the person. I see females with no real muscle definition and find them very attractive. I see females with the "toned" look ( a little muscle definition and curves) and I find them attractive. I also see girls (mostly on this site) with nice guns and killer sick packs and I think they are attractive....I do see females in all of these categories that I find VERY UNATTRACTIVE too. Depends on the body type and how the person carries themselves really.

Personally for me I want to be between "toned" and having muscles. Too many muscles on my body would look very bad since I am shorter and have a really small frame.
  • B_Running
    B_Running Posts: 158
    Options
    I typically have more muscle definition than most women. I work hard for it and I love it.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I think its sexy but sometimes I think its kinda gross and too extreme so I guess I just don't want to take it to that level. Ive heard both men and women say only soft women are sexy and ive heard a lot if women say they want to be long and lean and not bulky. I like my new muscles though! I vote sexy! Better than flabby in my opinion.
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Small, defined muscles are sexy. I'd like a toned stomach, but I don't want more of a 6 pack than my boyfriend!! Toned arms and legs are very sexy, but I don't particularly like the muscly look.
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    I will point out that most really hot fitness women also have fake boobs. I think that's pretty much where the line is drawn. If a woman is ripped but has a chest that look like pecs then she is no longer sexy. Sad but true.
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I like it a lot especially on the legs.
  • mb2112
    mb2112 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Exactly