girls with muscle - sexy or turn off?

Options

Replies

• trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I think that toned, defined arms - especially shoulders- are h.o.t. on women. My husband doesn't agree, we were just talking about this the other day after I commented about someone on tv. He much prefers a "softer" look, like toned, but not defined, if that makes sense. He just thinks that it doesn't look very feminine but he's really into girly-girls... long hair, etc. I don't think that it looks masculine at all, I think it looks like dedication.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Define "sculpting and building muscle".

If you're talking about "toned" with some little muscle definition but with some feminine curves, then to me that's sexy

But very large visible muscles (body builder competition style) are, to me, a turn-off.

This, exactly!

You would have to try VERY hard to get to that level.
    i have been lifting heavier and heavier and Im still looking SMALLER...and IMO sexier:flowerforyou:
  • chicago_dad
    chicago_dad Posts: 357
    Options
    Sarah Robles is the strongest woman in the USA:

http://prettystrongblog.blogspot.com/
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Define "sculpting and building muscle".

If you're talking about "toned" with some little muscle definition but with some feminine curves, then to me that's sexy

But very large visible muscles (body builder competition style) are, to me, a turn-off.

This, exactly!

You would have to try VERY hard to get to that level.
    i have been lifting heavier and heavier and Im still looking SMALLER...and IMO sexier:flowerforyou:

It requires drugs. Plain and simple. So many girls think they'll get bulky, it's really laughable. GUYS try for years to get bulky and can barely do it. And some girl thinks a few years of heavy weights will turn her into a man? hah. The only thing that turns females into men is testosterone and other AAS.
  • emmygrace2012
    emmygrace2012 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a girl and think it's sexy. Unfortunately, my family and my boyfriend don't agree. We had this discussion last night at dinner. I pulled up a this picture (my dream body) to show him that muscle was sexy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHR2mgRxXg3sNTf4GR_aDSRBSRYfFKJN5yv88gspoB-o9p2C2Zuw

He said her arms were gross. Whatever...people are crazy.

Jamie Eason is hot! She's one of the ones i refer to as my "dream body" too!
  • outspan87
    outspan87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go against the current here...

I've been scrolling the thread looking at the pictures, and so far I don't find any of those pictures attractive, and some of them repulse me. It's not a judgement on how I believe women "should be," because I don't think we consciously choose what we're attracted to. I'm attracted to feminine looking women who are fit and have a flat stomach, but I find that big abs (and especially big arms) on a woman look too masculine, which to me is repulsive. However, other men clearly like it.

Bottom line:

a) decide the kind of body you want
    b) work hard toward obtaining it
    c) find a partner that is attracted to your body
    d) ignore everyone else's opinion
  • Carrie3B
    Carrie3B Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Sexy--as long as you still look feminine! I've seen some guys say they like muscular legs...but I wish I could have the thinner legs and more muscular arms. I'm short so I don't want to look stocky! Working on my muscles--it's slow goin'... :-)
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    As a woman with plenty of muscle I say sexy and my husband agrees :smile: I get compliments on my arms all the time from women and many ask me what I had to do to get them. Quite honestly I only strength train a couple times a week but I worked with a trainer who put together a plan that works for me.
  • ShilohMaier
    ShilohMaier Posts: 135
    Options
    I think it's SUPER sexy. My husband however, thinks it's not. He wants me to be thin and squishy. He's actually tried to convince me that I should not be weight training because with my physique I'll look to manly. If you take a look at my before & after profile pic, I don't see a darn thing manly about my body there, and that's all I'm trying to get back to.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    you have to be kidding. The envy is just oozing out of some of you photoshop police.

Because the only way someone could actually not aspire to look like another person is because they're too jealous to admit it, right?

Women just felt her boobs were ridiculous, and some of us are wary of aspiring to airbrushed photos. That makes us realistic, not jealous.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    sexy! mine would probably be better if I didn't eat so much ice cream.
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    THIS THREAD, AGAIN!?!?!? *bangs head on desk*
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't find it attractive on me, but more power to anyone else who wants to do it.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    you have to be kidding. The envy is just oozing out of some of you photoshop police.

Because the only way someone could actually not aspire to look like another person is because they're too jealous to admit it, right?

Women just felt her boobs were ridiculous, and some of us are wary of aspiring to airbrushed photos. That makes us realistic, not jealous.

Has nothing to with aspirations. But saying her obliques are shopped is absurdity. Anyone who's ever dieted knows that lighting, carb loading, water levels, bf etc etc all make dramatic differences in appearance.

And it's fcking petty. You two werent stating you didnt aspire to look like her. You were picking her apart, obliques and bad boob job?! Really?! That screams envy and insecurity.
  • shoobz
    shoobz Posts: 119
    Options
    This isn't just a question for the guys, I wanna hear what the other ladies think too.

I love sculpting and building muscle. But my mom and my sister tell me that muscle looks "ugly" on a girl, or that it will make me too "manly". (They say that too because their men tell them that they don't need muscle)

What do YOU think? Are girls with muscle sexy? or does it become a turn off?

Your mother and sister's "men" are the disgusting ones. They want super-skinny *****es, but don't want them working out? That's just stupidity. I like women with muscle tone. Even women who might even look a little ripped. Under normal circumstances it's simply not possible for women to be as "body-builder-like" as men, and as long as she still looks female, I'm fine with it, and so are most men.
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    My idea of the perfect amouint of muscles on a woman is someone like Jillian Michael's. Im not highly into wanting muscles but if i had a body like hers, especially her arms, i'd be extremely happy :happy:
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    For me: No way. I like food too much, and have other interests that take priority over lifting weights/being fit. I'm happy with a healthy weight and being able to do the things I want, like bike riding, etc., and getting time to do all the other {nerdy} things I like to do.

For other women: More power to you. That kind of time and devotion deserves respect. And I will give it!

If I was a guy: Yeah, I'm not really into the photos posted on the first page. But that's me. I'm just not into sculpted bodies on women or men. But that's me.

Body is secondary to being funny and having a great smile and laughing eyes. Also, passion about anything is hot. Those are the things I look for before looking at physique.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

I've been scrolling the thread looking at the pictures, and so far I don't find any of those pictures attractive, and some of them repulse me. It's not a judgement on how I believe women "should be," because I don't think we consciously choose what we're attracted to. I'm attracted to feminine looking women who are fit and have a flat stomach, but I find that big abs (and especially big arms) on a woman look too masculine, which to me is repulsive. However, other men clearly like it.

Bottom line:

I think Im in love...
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Bottom line:

Plenty of men think like yourself, no shame in that. I show my fiance pictures of those women and they gross him out as well. Which I guess is good, because I don't have the dietarty discipline.
    People like what they like, there isn't one definition of perfect. That's why these threads can get monotonous.