girls with muscle - sexy or turn off?

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are. I will upload mine shortly

Question: how come all the women in this thread have multiple first names?
    Not sure what you are referring to. Here are some pictures I took not long ago. I think muscles are sexy.

You look positively amazing, but I already knew that from seeing you around the forums before.

Does the last "M" stand for Maria?

Haha, that means I am posting too much!! Yes, it does. Originality is not one of my strong areas. LOL

If anything, post more. A lot more. IMO you're an extremely positive role model and one of the many women of mfp that should be pointed to whenever women ask if they should lift.

Everyone should know the story of MariaMariaMariaMariaMaria...
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just 'cause I'm weird, but I think a strong, muscular girl is way sexier than any stick figure. Means she can take care of herself, and, well, what guy *doesn't* want a girl who can also be his gym partner?

That and if she was a gamer?... /drool
  • meredifish
    Options
    I think there's a line, but it's not up to ANYONE but YOU to decide where the line is for you! If you get too jacked (and, from what I've been told, it's very unlikely without some supplements to help you along), you can always lay off the weights for a while.

Don't let anyone intimidate you into looking the way THEY would like you to look. That includes your loved ones.
  • Charmed285
    Charmed285 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I showed a guy a pic of a woman on here who's muscualr to get his opinion, he didn't like it and called her a she-man; I'm not big on the whole muscualr look myself, though some women may be able to pull it off. some definition is awesome though
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I showed a guy a pic of a woman on here who's muscualr to get his opinion, he didn't like it and called her a she-man; I'm not big on the whole muscualr look myself, though some women may be able to pull it off.

Thanks for sharing that
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    my man says no no to really ripped muslces ive been there and did accomplish, he likes me with little muscle and nice curves.
    Sad thou i normally get really ripped and muscluar if i work out heaps i i work out heaps now and plan to get like that.......... too bad .
  • nfrewin
    nfrewin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go against the current here...

I've been scrolling the thread looking at the pictures, and so far I don't find any of those pictures attractive, and some of them repulse me. It's not a judgement on how I believe women "should be," because I don't think we consciously choose what we're attracted to. I'm attracted to feminine looking women who are fit and have a flat stomach, but I find that big abs (and especially big arms) on a woman look too masculine, which to me is repulsive. However, other men clearly like it.

Bottom line:

a) decide the kind of body you want
    b) work hard toward obtaining it
    c) find a partner that is attracted to your body
    d) ignore everyone else's opinion

:love: marry me lol
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    In my personal opinion, any woman who has enough self confidence in her appearance to not give two flying ****s what any man or woman thinks about her appearance is drop dead sexy.

ETA: My husband has seen pictures of many of my friends, many of whom are women with a lot muscle tone. His opinion? They're all beautiful because they work hard to attain the level of fitness/health that THEY desire. Yes, I married a keeper.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    my man says no no to really ripped muslces ive been there and did accomplish, he likes me with little muscle and nice curves.
    Sad thou i normally get really ripped and muscluar if i work out heaps i i work out heaps now and plan to get like that.......... too bad .

The shame is that you let someone else's superficial preferences and insecurities disuade you from something it sounds like you enjoyed. Feeling strong is wonderful. So is being strong.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Define "sculpting and building muscle".

If you're talking about "toned" with some little muscle definition but with some feminine curves, then to me that's sexy

But very large visible muscles (body builder competition style) are, to me, a turn-off.

Of course, the most important thing is that there's someone out there who loves pretty much every look, and they'll be the most attracted to the look if it comes with the confidence that this is the look you WANTED TO ACHIEVE, rather than something you did because a bunch of random guys on an Internet forum said it looked "best".

Be yourself, always. If you love yourself, other people will love you.
    EXACTLY THIS!

I know how you feel, my mom is also telling me the same but I don't care coz I love my muscles and I also know that deep down my mom is saying this out of ignorance on her part. She is an Asian who weighs only 41kg (90 lbs) at 5'1" & have absolutely 0 idea about fitness and only thinks that she is healthy because she is extremely thin.

Don't let their ignorance bother you.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

You let your man dissuade you from having the body YOU want? Hmmmph.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    SMASHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Tell your man to f*** off and mind his own business. You don't deserve this type of man who has no respect of his partner's needs and wants.
  • shiraLA
    shiraLA Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    It's very sexy and very beautiful!!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I know my husband doesn't like the very lean, very ripped look.

That's fine by me because I lack the dedication necessary to achieve that look. :blushing:
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I showed a guy a pic of a woman on here who's muscualr to get his opinion, he didn't like it and called her a she-man

Pretty sure a picture of that guy wouldn't impress me with his manliness either.

Real men are not threatened by women who do what they want. They don't feel a need to denigrate and belittle women calling them "she-man" just because the woman doesn't choose to look like a Barbie doll or whatever ideal-type he has in his head. We have things that are more important to us than being the sexual ideal for any and every man out there. Seriously.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    If it were a bunch of people calling women gross because they were too fat, it'd be a WAR ZONE. Why is it okay to make rude and insensitive comments about the opposite?

If you don't like it, all you have to do is either A, say it's a turn off or B, simply leave the thread.

Putting anyone down for the way their body looks is NEVER okay. This applies to fat, skinny, fit, obese, and any other terms that describe one's weight and/or body composition.

Now to any of the lovely ladies that have gotten irritated, upset, offended, insulted, mad, sad, etc. This is for you:

MxTaJ.gif

Edit: for typos.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I know my husband doesn't like the very lean, very ripped look.

That's fine by me because I lack the dedication necessary to achieve that look. :blushing:

Most of the time that's a contest time or model shoot level of fitness that the person isn't in for very long anyway. That's true of both male and female bodybuilders. I've seen women that are size 0 that look HUGE and RIPPED at contest time but give them a slice of pizza and a loose t-shirt and 3 days later you couldn't tell they worked out if you saw them outside the gym.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    My husband asked me about 7 months ago to stop working out because I was going to "look too manly"
    I laughed at that and told him that I workout and lift weights because I like a defined body and that he will need to learn to live with it. I look the way I do today because it is what I want and like. Now my husband cant stop talking about how much he likes what he sees and how wrong he was. He is happy that i have my of my own. To the lady saying that she likes a ripped body but her SO doesn't: you should never let others tell you how to live your life, even if it is coming from your SO.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are. I will upload mine shortly

Question: how come all the women in this thread have multiple first names?
    Not sure what you are referring to. Here are some pictures I took not long ago. I think muscles are sexy.

You look positively amazing, but I already knew that from seeing you around the forums before.

Does the last "M" stand for Maria?

Haha, that means I am posting too much!! Yes, it does. Originality is not one of my strong areas. LOL

If anything, post more. A lot more. IMO you're an extremely positive role model and one of the many women of mfp that should be pointed to whenever women ask if they should lift.

Everyone should know the story of MariaMariaMariaMariaMaria...

Awww, thanks :)