Over 200 club BACK TO SCHOOL Week 3 (Open Group)

Options

Replies

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hey girls,

lstpaul, you have had a pretty trying time. I think andrea is right exercise seems to help with body and mind. Gives you a chance to release some stress. I think planning out what you eat is helpful too. Just keep chugging a long and you will get past this hard time.:flowerforyou:

This morning I let myself get sooooooooo hungry before breakfast. Instead of eating before I ran all my kids to school. (3 different schools) I waited then of course I said oh I will go grab a breakfast sandwich. and I did. Now I am going to have to work that off........

andrea, glad to see you here this morning.

awestfall, great job on the exercise today. I need to get myself motivated to get going on that this morning.

Yesterday, I stayed within my calories, burned 681 calories, and came close if not right on target for my water.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Plus I'm PMSy ... which never helps anything! :laugh:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    2 pound loss this morning.I am back to 224.Nine more pounds and I will be back to 215 were I left off.I am so excited I am on my way.
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Great job awestfall!:drinker:
  • awestfall
    Options
    thanks its because of you guys and gals that I keep pushing myself to achieve my goals.Keep it up you guys are awesome and you all mean so much to me.Friends for life all of you are my friends for life.
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options

Ditto
  • awestfall
    Options

Ditto
    I'm almost there too lol!! Funny how we all seem to cycle the same lol!!!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Yeah Me! :smile: I'm happy to report that I finally had a good day yesterday ... worked out for 120 minutes at the Y - even though my husband gave me a great excuse to skip (and believe me I was tempted because I had no motivation). He had a late work meeting come up and called to ask me if I could skip going to the Y and pick up the kids instead ... I told him that I really needed to go to the Y to try to get back on track, so if he could find a way to miss the meeting it would be better - and he did! AND I was very tempted to leave after 90 minutes (which is my regular workout length on Tuesday nights) .. but I made myself stay for 120! :drinker:
    I did eat some workout calories ... but a much better day than I have been having! Woo hoo!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Good for you lstpaul, I am so proud of you. You have just inspired me to get off my butt and exercise.
    Thanks you have a great day....
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options
    Ok so my personal goal for today is not to eat out, I started school a week ago, so it has been easy for me to pick something quick up right after classes. I pre-made myself a lunch, hehe
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Ok so my personal goal for today is not to eat out, I started school a week ago, so it has been easy for me to pick something quick up right after classes. I pre-made myself a lunch, hehe

Good girl, you are doing the right thing. That is really smart to do. Good luck in school, I am really proud of you trying to lose weight, going to school, and working. You should be really proud of yourself. I know that you can do this......:flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    Options
    2 more pounds gone for good and never to be seen again.
  • awestfall
    Options
    I have lost 10 pounds of the 20 I gained over the summer and I have done it in less than a months time.(not trying to bragg)I am just so excited.So I am setting my goal to loss at least 9 pounds before Halloween.
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options
    Wow you guys, so you know me and my yo yo weight loss...last weigh in gained 7 pounds.. i weighed in right now after I got home from work, and it says that I weigh 232...So confused, that is 9 pounds and I have not been eating the healthiest. I am for sure getting a digital scale this Friday when I get paid, because I am really curious about this.
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options
    Long overdue, but i uploaded a pic of me holding my nephew Luka on the day of his birth August 20th, workin it in the zebra print top (so fierce) haha.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    2 success to share:
    1. Since I changed my lifestyle on 09.08.09, my blood pressure has gone from 130-something/80-something to 110/63! :drinker: I'm super excited about this because hypertension runs rampant in both sides of my family. Plus, my resting pulse has improved from the high 80s to the mid 70s.
    2. My boyfriend told me this evening that I've stopped snoring ( :laugh: :blushing: ). Apparently, my snoring & night-restlessness was getting really out of hand (I've always snored a little, but he said it has been getting much worse over the last year or 2). He says I haven't snored *at all* in 2-3 weeks! I think that's pretty awesome because snoring is really embarrassing even though it's something I can't consciously control. Plus, I was annoying him because I'd keep him awake sometimes because of it. I think the reason I'm not snoring is that I'm resting so much better than before. :smile:
  • lstpaul
    Options
    awestfall: Great job! You've really been working hard and getting results ... that is fantastic! :drinker:

andreasoulcastle: 9 pounds sounds really good! I'll be curious to see what you find out when you get a digital scale - I have a $20 digital scale from target that seems pretty accurate - I always compare it to the scale at the Y, and they are very close. Our bodies do strange things though ... I've had a 4 pound difference from one morning to the next AND double checked it on 2 different scales. Cute picture of you and your nephew!:smile:

jlb123: Wow ... that is great that you have lowered your blood pressure, and the snoring is a big deal too since they believe snoring contributes to high blood pressure! Good job!:flowerforyou:
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Oh ... and unfortunately I had another bad eating day yesterday (well mainly just bad at dinner) ... almost ate DOUBLE my calories for the day ... and no exercise, not even our challenges. Yikes!

Today I did burned 1000 calories doing a step class at the Y already, so feel good about that.

I did drink my water yesterday, and did well eating-wise until dinner.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hey girls, how are ya today?

andrea, cute pic with baby. Glad you are back on track....:flowerforyou:

awestfall, I always knew that you could do this. And look at you, you are doing it.... Congrats.:flowerforyou:

jlb123, I am so happy about your blood pressure going down.:flowerforyou: I just found out I have high blood pressure about 2-3 months ago. I have been averaging about 117/79 compared to my 149/92 I was averaging 2 months ago... I am on meds, but I hope to get off the meds when I lose 50 more pounds that is what my doc says.

lstpaul, I know that you have this in you to do... I know you do. Your exercise is amazing, Keep it up. Just keep working on the food part. I am with you on this, I keep going over on the weekends and then I am soooo mad that I did that. I am not expecting a big weight loss this week. There is just something about those weekends that I can't seem to control myself. But we both can do this and we are. I just keep thinking about how much you exercise at the Y, you are amazing!!:flowerforyou:
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Thanks momma2four:flowerforyou: , I think for the first time I really feel like I can do this, and I'm not giving up! MFP and you guys are a big part of my success so far! I've just lost my way a little and need to get my focus and commitment back.

I know my commitment to exercise is helping, and it's keeping me more on track than I would be if I wasn't going to the Y so much. But I need to get back to where I am doing some exercise EVERY day ... even if it's just a little - not just days that I can get to the Y.

Weekends are a problem time for me too ... but lately I'm struggling with food all the time. Especially at night. I know I need to get back to having more of a plan instead of allowing myself a 'free for all' when I get home from work.

We can do this, I know it takes one change and one step at a time. Look at how far you have already come! and me too! :drinker: