Anyone else feel alone on MFP?

Options
12346»

Replies

• girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Aw, she added me then deleted me in the space of a day haha...
    Was it something I said? :P
  • NikkiTompson
    NikkiTompson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I know that we dont know each other, however I find it sad that you feel like you are not getting the support you want through this app.
    I tend to only add my friends to this, so I dont actually have a lot of people on MFP... however if you like, more than happy to add you to my contacts and I will do my best to offer support and vice versa?

Thanks,
    Nikki
  • NikkiTompson
    NikkiTompson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    just to add... my message was to thickandthin8... but more than happy to add others that as well....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Ok so i joined MFP to get support and support others in their weight loss/fitness goals. My problem? I hardly ever get any support! I post my workouts, what im eating, when im having a good/bad day...all that jaz. Only one or two people will post back to me ever. I mean i dont want a bunch of people who could care less to be posting back "good job" every time. But a little support would be nice. Down my whole page my posts are the only ones that go without comment. Every other friend is getting their support why not me? :frown:

I honestly feel like i could post i sat on my a** all week and ate nothing but McDonalds and no one would even notice. Very unmotivating. Sorry for complaining, I just wanted to see if anyone else was haiving this issue.

You need to get some new friends!
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Hey there you have to be active with others and write to them so that they recognise you and want to comment on your stuff. Also posting in the boards helps and adding others.
    ALL THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^

Yep!!
  • RandleBoyz3
    RandleBoyz3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    OMG! Thickandthin you took the words right out of my mouth! Please add me and we can support each other.
  • SlimPossible8
    SlimPossible8 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

lol no nothing you said girl, I just got about 140 requests and want to keep it small so i had a special screening process lol. If i couldnt see your logs, your profile said anything about a "thigh gap", you were 60yo (nothing wrong with age here just trying to find support from people my age) that sort of thing...i deleted lol. Im sorry. now that my list is smaller ill add ya again. its been a roller coaster here since i posted!
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

lol no nothing you said girl, I just got about 140 requests and want to keep it small so i had a special screening process lol. If i couldnt see your logs, your profile said anything about a "thigh gap", you were 60yo (nothing wrong with age here just trying to find support from people my age) that sort of thing...i deleted lol. Im sorry. now that my list is smaller ill add ya again. its been a roller coaster here since i posted!

lol, don't worry I wasn't offended, I did guess that would happen :P I am none of those things though, for the record haha
  • jedibunny
    jedibunny Posts: 321
    Options

o.O same here...

I was admittedly NOT active for a day or so after adding, as I was taking care of my sis and didn't get a chance to log everything, so I suppose that might account for the chop. Alas.

Best of luck regardless thickandthin xo

p.s. not 60, diary open, etc... lol
  • Nighthawk4
    Nighthawk4 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think some people tend to concentrate on their own dieting problems. They expect others to support and sympathise but don't give back in return.

We are all here for the same reason - we want to lose weight.

Therefore, we need to be supportive of each other - whether our own efforts are going well or we are struggling to keep going.