The Undeniably best way to lose weight

Options

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Maybe the BEST way. But the fastest way is just cutting off your arm. The one you use least, preferably.
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I smell self-promotion...
    With over 11,000 posts and counting? I'm here for the members giving out FREE information. How is that self promotion?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I don't know why some people have to post negative stuff. No one HAS to post. If you don't agree, disagree nicely. Or else you can always keep it to yourself.

Niner, your advice is magical!
  • michie27
    michie27 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was at my local grocery store buying a large bag of Purina dog chow for my loyal pet, Biscuit, the Wonder Dog and was in the checkout line when woman behind me asked if I had a dog.

What did she think I had, an elephant?

So since I'm retired and have little to do, on impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog,

I was starting the Purina Diet again. I added that I probably shouldn't, because I ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pants pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry.

The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again.

(I have to mention here that practically everyone in line was now enthralled with my story.)

Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me.

I told her no, I stepped off a curb to sniff an Irish Setter's *kitten* and a car hit us both.

I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard.

That grocery store won't let me shop there anymore.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    bump for the east coast evening peeps
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    bump again
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Great post and SO TRUE.

It really is simple but not easy. Once my coworkers began noticing my weight loss, lots of them have gotten inspired to try. Unfortunately, eyes glaze over when they ask my 'secret' (I say, "I keep a food diary to stay within my calorie goals and I exercise. The end.").

Several are heading down the Dr. Oz road (the many, many Dr. Oz roads), several are on diet pills, one did the Special K diet, stuck with it 2.5 days and said 'screw it, I quit, I LIKE BEING FAT,' a couple are, I think, starving themselves. Sigh. It was awesome when 2 people just this week told me they joined MFP! Yay!
    Most don't want to follow the logical way. That'd be too hard.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    bump
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    2. Do some physical activity that you can sustain for life.
    This is the hardest part for me. Unless naps count.
  • Rivmage
    Rivmage Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    First off. 49er suck! Go Cardinals!

Great post.

Scott
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I love this! It's common sense, really, but people want to find the quickest way possible. Such a shame!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I love this! It's common sense, really, but people want to find the quickest way possible. Such a shame!
    Common sense is too easy and it's possible that people might be thinking that this is too good to be true, so it's not.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    bump
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    bump
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    havet to echo this since it seems lots of "fads" and confusion over choices are up as of late.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I cannot recommend enough the CRIM method

C alorie
    R estriction
    I ncreased
    M ovenent
  • rubinesky
    rubinesky Posts: 15
    Options
    Late to the game, I know, but this was kind of like an "AHHH" moment.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • juliakessel7
    Options
    1. Eat in a way that you can do daily (who cares if it's paleo, vegan, moderate, etc.), but ensuring you get in your daily macro/micro nutrients with a sustainable and reasonable calorie deficit.

2. Do some physical activity that you can sustain for life.

3. Be CONSISTENT.

4. Consider paying me lots of money to kick your *kitten* if you can't follow above.

THE END

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

AMEN. :happy:
    will do the considering in number 4 if I find myself slacking...
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    But...but....KETONES!!

Seriously, this is fantastic advice. I have tried losing weight before but I never thought of it as a lifestyle change, and I always ate too few calories while working out harder than I could handle. Warning: burn out imminent. Now that I'm keeping up with these forums and reading a lot about how to do this RIGHT, I know that your advice is the best that a noob could ever get. It really is that simple.