The Undeniably best way to lose weight

Options
1234568»

Replies

• ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    But...but....KETONES!!

Seriously, this is fantastic advice. I have tried losing weight before but I never thought of it as a lifestyle change, and I always ate too few calories while working out harder than I could handle. Warning: burn out imminent. Now that I'm keeping up with these forums and reading a lot about how to do this RIGHT, I know that your advice is the best that a noob could ever get. It really is that simple.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    But...but....KETONES!!

Seriously, this is fantastic advice. I have tried losing weight before but I never thought of it as a lifestyle change, and I always ate too few calories while working out harder than I could handle. Warning: burn out imminent. Now that I'm keeping up with these forums and reading a lot about how to do this RIGHT, I know that your advice is the best that a noob could ever get. It really is that simple.
    It's really a revelation to some when they sit down with me to hire me and I tell them that there's no dieting. Look on their face is like "wuh?" After explaining why, then the lights go off. I have a much better success rate with this philosophy with clients compared to my previous philosophy (that I followed due to industry) of no junk food, no sugar, etc. in my starting years.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    1. Eat in a way that you can do daily (who cares if it's paleo, vegan, moderate, etc.), but ensuring you get in your daily macro/micro nutrients with a sustainable and reasonable calorie deficit.

2. Do some physical activity that you can sustain for life.

3. Be CONSISTENT.

4. Consider paying me lots of money to kick your *kitten* if you can't follow above.

THE END

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    So, eat right, exercise and seek help if required?
    That's it?
    No magic wands, miracle pills, macro revelations, far eastern discoveries, exotic enzymes, divination or hidden roots or berries from the rain forest?
    Just eat right and exercise :sad: :sad: :sad:

Bwahaha! Nice! :)
  • janinab75
    janinab75 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Bump, just to keep referring to and keep reminding myself, over and over, and over again. It isn't rocket science!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    1. Eat in a way that you can do daily (who cares if it's paleo, vegan, moderate, etc.), but ensuring you get in your daily macro/micro nutrients with a sustainable and reasonable calorie deficit.

3. Be CONSISTENT.

4. Consider paying me lots of money to kick your *kitten* if you can't follow above.

THE END

IDEA Fitness member

do me for FREE! Wait.... that doesn't look quite right... lol
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options

Lol! The remuneration, will you take clams, goats, sheep, camels, dogs, or just the greens? :)

But seriously, great advice!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    DAMN you actually make sense.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Ahha! :D
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Did I Hear a Niner... yep! then its good! :)
  • AndyBloot
    Options

3. Be CONSISTENT.

THE END

Word
    So simple, but so hard

1. Diets are a manifestation of the advertising industry
    Healthy eating is a lifestyle

2. Accept that exercise hurts and if it's boring you're not working hard enough
    How can you be bored when you are in pain

3. Consistency is borne from a lifestyle change
    We go to work during the week because that is our lifestyle
    We work out and eat healthy because that is our lifestyle (but we all need a holiday every so often as well)

4. I reach pain levels in a gym class or with a trainer that i would never get to on my own

Number 4 is the hardest one for me
    It pisses me off that i wear my pain on my sleeve
    i grunt, I groan, and sometimes i have a little swear
    My goal is to be like the Tour de France riders
    They ride up those ridiculously steep mountains and barely have an expression on their face - but they're hurting - a lot
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options

3. Be CONSISTENT.

THE END

IDEA Fitness member

You would get a substantial discount!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • leahmariesmom
    leahmariesmom Posts: 8 Member
    Options

3. Be CONSISTENT.

THE END

IDEA Fitness member

You would get a substantial discount!

OMG...you guys have me rolling here...thanks for the much needed laugh! Oh yeah, and the great information as well! :smile: