Do you think it's okay to not wear a bra in public?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    Well thanks everyone! It's interesting to get so many mixed opinions on the topic. I think just to be safe, I will stick with bras in the future. And definitely underwear. lol.

And just for the record, boyfriend has further elaborated on the shirt saying it was very sexy but somewhat slutty. Issue was with the shirt itself and not the fact that I wasn't wearing a bra, so I guess this whole thing was irrelevant. Although this was still a good thread. Thanks again.
  • tldust
    tldust Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I think women should be allowed to go topless like men. We live in a sexist society. Personally, I like to wear a bra, because otherwise they sag.
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I think women should be allowed to go topless like men. We live in a sexist society. Personally, I like to wear a bra, because otherwise they sag.
    Women are allowed to go topless where I live (Ontario).
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter what we think. And apparently it doesn't matter what you think, either, if you're going to let your boyfriend decide what you can and can't wear in public.

Really? Aside from the overreacting a bit by her BF, I don't think he was in the wrong to not want his GF publicly displaying the goods like that. All guys want to see boobs, but from my experience, it's different when it's your woman. I think in a healthy relationship, it's respectful to acknowledge that the boobies.... are not for sharing. Just my two cents. As for it being taboo, not really. If done properly, it can look very nice. If not executed properly, it's a sight no one wants to see.

I see your point except for two things: women don't belong to men (YOUR) woman, and no one has a right to not let me out of a vehicle or in any way control where I can and cannot go.
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Yes Please!
  • supatim
    supatim Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I would say absolutely nothing wrong with this - although - Pics or it never happened...