What sacrifices have you given up to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Excess of sugar, pasta, and white bread. I've noticed that since I started eating a lot less of these things my body feels better overall. I don't feel as sluggish as I did before and... my gut, as in my intestines, is behaving a lot better. I used to have horrible tummy problems and have to take pills to get my gut to "move around", not anymore. Although I haven't lost a ton of weight my waist looks and feels better. It is no longer swollen and I don't have the "roll" under my diaphragm anymore.
    So for me is not just a matter of "giving up" just to loose weight, it is a matter of eating healthier things for my body to function better :)
    I envy people that can eat everything and anything (even in small quantities) and not suffer later on with side effects :(
  • NajahDaMuslimah
    Options
    I've gone from eating french fries and/or potatoes 2 to 3 times per day to every once in awhile.
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I would eat a bar of Dove chocolate 5-6 days a week. A small bag of potato chips about 4-5 days a week. The calories really add up, so I've cut back to once a week. I've completely cut out my late night snacking. After my boys went to bed, I was so stressed and used food as a stress reliever. Now I just clean up until they fall asleep and then go right to sleep.
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    3 avocado guacamole and enough chips to finish it off. Hey, guacamole doesn't stay good after day one. :sad:
  • earthtoemilyy
    Options
    there's a fast food place literally right next door to the animal hospital i work at. every day it gets easier and easier to avoid, havent been there in weeks now!
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I still eat the same stuff I used to, just not as often. If I want to eat red velvet cake then I factor that into my exercise so it's all guilty free. Same with alcohol I add it all in and workout appropriately. My portion size is smaller and I sit down and eat my food and really enjoy what I'm eating. The fastest way to blow a "diet" is to make it too restrictive. Lol I guess you could say that I have given up mindless eating. Snacking just to be doing something. Now I drink water.
  • nbrown1989
    nbrown1989 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am trying to let go icecream a little bit because I love it
  • shierrarobin
    shierrarobin Posts: 181
    Options
    I've given up pretty much everything. I haven't had a doughnut in months. I can't remember the last time I've had any fast food. I haven't had a real meal in I don't know when. The last piece of candy I had was a Reese cup, and I only ate it because I didn't have enough calories for that day. The only fatty food I allow myself to have is pizza because I absolutely cannot live without pizza. And I only ever get that maybe once a week or once every two weeks. I also work my butt off the entire week exercising just so that I won't feel guilty for eating that pizza.

I've been pretty much living off of low calorie food.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    doritios.jpg

:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • RoseThePenguin
    RoseThePenguin Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I can't say I've really given up anything. I've just taught myself to make healthier choices.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I have *tried* to give up alcohol in the week. It is amazing how much better I feel at work now.

Yep! I now only drink alcohol on Saturdays, which is my cheat day. thats also when i eat plates of pasta, instead of the small sides i do during the week now. Pasta & Beer are my HUGE weaknesses!
  • Stuz359
    Stuz359 Posts: 81
    Options
    Lager. Love Lager, have learned to love Vodka Soda as an alternative, but even then, not too much.

One thing I won't do without is tea with a tiny (teeny really) bit of skimmed milk and one sugar. If I had to choose one drink between now and the end of time, it would be that cup of tea. Used to be two sugars though.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've given up is pure gluttony. I used to eat, and eat, and eat some more. Even when I wasn't hungry. Just to eat. Sometimes because of stress (emotional binges). Sometimes just because it was freaking good.

I still eat everything I like (I had cut out white foods a long time ago, so that's not changed). I just use more moderation now. Moderation, yes. Deprivation, no.
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Lays lightly salted potato chips and gourmet chocolate...I still crave them..!!!!.. :flowerforyou:
  • kevinsbarrett
    kevinsbarrett Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cheese for sure. Now that I am watching what I eat and I am learning so much more about what is in the food I eat, I am amazed at how much less cheese I eat. I learned that cheese was one of my comfort foods and I have to now come face to face with why I need comfort foods.
  • angellmoore
    angellmoore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The only thing that I have given up that I miss is Biggby/Starbucks/McDonalds coffee. I like the yummy (fatty) latte's and frappe's. I miss them. :( I still have my coffee, but it is plain and from home.
  • swt0pie
    swt0pie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    2 minute noodles. (I think Americans call them ramen?) I love them but so bad for you. Even now I can't have them in the house. I occasionally have a bowl of them (and sooooooo good) but I've had maybe three in the past year. (I used to eat at least two packets a day)

me too
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    The only thing that I have given up that I miss is Biggby/Starbucks/McDonalds coffee. I like the yummy (fatty) latte's and frappe's. I miss them. :( I still have my coffe, but it is plain and from home.

Amazing yummy frappe: In a blender, combine 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, ice, strong-brewed coffee, and 1-2 TBSP of your favorite flavored creamer. Whiz until ice is completely blended. It's high protein, tasty, and a lot better for you than the bought frappes.
  • HauteHauteMami
    HauteHauteMami Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Dr. Pepper was the hardest thing I had to give up . . . Now I drink one maybe two Dr.Pepper 10 a week . . . But the results are worth it . . .
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    The only thing I gave up was larger portion sizes and food frequency and some time from hobbies so I could cook better meals and exercise.