What sacrifices have you given up to lose weight?

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Mayonnaise, bread, chocolate, candy in general, cheese, pasta, crisps, chips, red meat, cheesecake, nutella... I still eat all these things occasionally, but nowhere near as much as I used to.

And alcohol. I still drink, but I used to drink 3 - 5 times a week, so I've cut down helluva lot.
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    taco bell and mac n cheese..oh how i miss it.
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    Mostly fast food. I used to eat out for lunch several times a week and probably once during the weekend. I still enjoy the stuff when I allow myself to have it but it's very few and far between because I know it's straight terrible for me. I've enjoyed making copy-cat meals that are leaps and bounds healthier. Like make it myself non-breaded and non-fried sesame chicken or moo shu chicken, grilled turkey burgers with lettuce, pickle onion and russian dressing (not special sauce lol!!)

Edit: Also - WINE. I like sweet wine so it's loaded with calories and I used to go through a bottle in a week. Now I have a collection in my wine fridge and have maybe a glass a week.
  • AddictionForBeauty
    Options
    Hmm.. well lots of things I guess, frappuccinos, candy, soda, I almost never have fast food any more, I don't use sauces, butter, or dressing (except a lite berry one) and I don't put sugar in my coffee anymore. It's easy for me to give up most of it though because I never really liked condiments or anything like that. The hardest one was the sugar in my coffee.
  • Mizzl52386
    Mizzl52386 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in giving up everything completely because that will lead to me craving and binging. I have stopped having chocolate milk with breakfast, no fast food breakfasts weekly (hell I can't recall the last time I had fast food for breakfast), no extra large iced caramel coffee with cream and sugar (been a long time for even a small 1)...I have made sure I make the things I love healthier or I just eat smaller portions of it such as; pizza (my thin fiancee and I would split a large but now I have 2-3 pieces and a salad) and Mac-n-Cheese (same here we would eat a whole box but now I make sure we have leftovers)

I make sure everything I want to eat fits within my goals 90% of the time and I don't beat myself up if I slip bc chances were I knew about the overage day. :smile:
  • dreilingda
    dreilingda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have given up ignorance. Blissful, beautiful ignorance.
  • angiezturn
    angiezturn Posts: 49
    Options
    I wouldn't say I've sacrificed anything. But I had to modify the amount and quantities of my favorite things. I haven't had a hamburger in months!!
  • Arredondo145
    Arredondo145 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am weaning myself off of soda... It is a special treat now - a reward for going grocery shopping... I don't keep any in the house anymore and sometimes it is killer!!!:drinker:
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Virgins.
  • CChandler81
    CChandler81 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Cheese...it's weird to not put it on my salads, sandwiches, tacos, etc. but it cuts back on calories big time. And I surprisingly don't miss the taste of it.
    Chips...my husband is a chip addict so they're always in the house. I didn't think I ate that many on a weekly basis. but apparently I did. I've craved them the most in the past week or so.