What sacrifices have you given up to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Fatimah1104
    Fatimah1104 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    it's week one for me on here and ve gven up junk food alltogether. no sweets,nothing salty... it's hard but so far so good.
  • angellmoore
    angellmoore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The only thing that I have given up that I miss is Biggby/Starbucks/McDonalds coffee. I like the yummy (fatty) latte's and frappe's. I miss them. :( I still have my coffe, but it is plain and from home.

Amazing yummy frappe: In a blender, combine 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, ice, strong-brewed coffee, and 1-2 TBSP of your favorite flavored creamer. Whiz until ice is completely blended. It's high protein, tasty, and a lot better for you than the bought frappes.

Thanks, I am going to try this tomorrow! I am really excited now. :)
  • swt0pie
    swt0pie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I gave up on all fizzy drinks and sodas, mayo, instant noodles. as for other junk food I eat very rarely and in small portions, however i like to treat myself with chocolate or ice cream once a week but still in small quantities.
  • missworld95
    missworld95 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Chips, Soda (except ONLY on special occasions), and nutella.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    mmm ramen... I love ramen, it's so delish, n the ones that aren't quite ramen, they come in a bowl with seasoning n oil packets... I gave them up too, i use to make two packages of ramen+ one seasoning packet+sour cream+ shredded cheese or cheese puff chips+ usually butter or a lil oil... n i'd give my daughter about 1/4 n i'd eat the rest, then I'd still want more... not filling at all, especially considering each package is suppose to be 2 servings. I'm much better off with my quinoa, whole grain pasta, or rice when i need a carb boost...(and veggies n a little olive oil instead of the junky stuff n all that sodium!)

Dairy is the other thing I've cut the most of, I don't really need it now that I've stopped drinking milk i don't really want cheese either.. I know it's suppose to be "good" for us, but have you really looked at it? and yes we could get fatfree(i get 2%) but what are they doing to take the fat away? I'd rather pick simpler choices, not all good choices but getting better!
    2 minute noodles. (I think Americans call them ramen?) I love them but so bad for you. Even now I can't have them in the house. I occasionally have a bowl of them (and sooooooo good) but I've had maybe three in the past year. (I used to eat at least two packets a day)
  • Spitbubblr
    Spitbubblr Posts: 54
    Options
    Triple triple coffee and all forms of sweets. I have found a way of drinking coffee however, with less calories that tastes better. As for sweets (chocolate, ice-cream), I have no regrets and glad they are no longer a part of my life :-)
  • mgrubbe85
    mgrubbe85 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have given up so many things. JUNK FOOD is the biggest like, cakes, candy, icecream, cookies, soda, chicken wings, and lots and lots of fast food, but I still eat some sweets just do it in small amounts or in a healthier way. One thing I do not miss at all is soda, I thought it was going to be hard but NOPE i grew to LOVE water... Also I my have given up ALOT of things I really enjoyed but truthfully I enjoy losing weight more than any of that stuff I used to plow into my body. Yea sometimes I look at a candy bar and say MMM that would be sooo good right now, but then I feel my stomach and say NAH its not worth it.. I am happier losing the weight than eating the junk. So really I am thankfull to give up everything I gave up...
  • indisguise
    indisguise Posts: 235
    Options
    Soda. I used to drink 4 or 5 cans a day.
  • mattness09
    mattness09 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Circus Peanuts and doritos
  • lu136mickey
    lu136mickey Posts: 202
    Options
    I haven't sacrificed anything. There are a lot of things I eat less frequently, like junk food. I don't believe in deprivation, I believe in planned treats. There are other foods that I don't eat any more and don't miss either.

That's it really. If it's too much of a sacrifice, it's unsustainable. If a particular food is making you ill, yes cut it out completely. However with junk food, one portion here and there is not going to do any harm, just make it an occasional treat thing rather than an every day thing, and keep it within your calorie allowance/part of your plan.
    THIS and Coke I used to drink up to 5 a day now I only have one a day maybe two sometimes
  • adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have given up planting my *kitten* on the couch to watch tv. I workout in front of the tv instead and go outside with the kids. Or take them to the Y swimming.

I have given up lots of processed foods. And Starbucks frappuccinos. And I drink less alcohol. Otherwise, if I want something, I just fit it in my calories for the day. I will never give up my dark chocolate.

ME TOO!!!! At least the planting my *kitten* on the couch. In my case, it was in bed.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    When I first lost my weight in the 80s my sacrifices were: 1. Tasty Kakes for breakfast. 2. Seconds on my plate. 3. That second double cheeseburger from Burger King. 4. That strawberry milkshake that went with that second double cheeseburger.

Now to get where I wanna be fitness-wise...the first thing I gave up and don't even miss are my Coffee Frappucinos with whipped cream at Starbucks lol. All my other sacrifices have nothing to do with my weight or fitness but food allergies to dairy and whey and just feeling crappy when I don't eat well.
  • MorbidNTT
    MorbidNTT Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I gave up sweet tea and milk, I drink less alcohol. I gotta say I don't think eating out is a bad thing, If you chose healthy food, and such. It's actually cheaper for my wife and I to go out, then to shop for the whole week, believe it or not.
  • MrsMangler
    MrsMangler Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Mexican, but I've suffered a lot more being fat, so it's an easy trade in.
  • NitroS1988
    NitroS1988 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    cocacola, was pretty difficult to give up but it is all for the greater good
  • jessie5367
    jessie5367 Posts: 13
    Options
    I thought I would have to sacrifice A LOT. However, I have realized that I prefer fruit over chocolate lately and water over soda pop. I made my mind up to lose weight and it seems like my tastes have changed to go along with it.

I do miss my potato chips and crave them a lot. So that would have to be my biggest sacrifice. :)
  • MorbidNTT
    MorbidNTT Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The greater good!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I stopped sacrificing goats to Baehektosh.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I eat much less bread than I used to. Now I save it and have a nice baguette roll with loads of butter once a month or so with a salad. I used to have a roll just about every night I had a salad, love me some bread!
  • carrielee09
    carrielee09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    PIZZA (I didn't realize how much I loved pizza until I started dieting! I make pizza pitas for lunch which satisfy my cravings )

chicken fingers-- I used to eat these all the time...my family and friends refer to me as the chicken finger queen because I would go out to nice restaurants and order chicken fingers!

SODA!!!!! i still have a diet coke every morning for caffeine. but I used to have 2-3 a day

mcdonalds mcgriddles...omg. so good.

taco bell haha

any and all types of ice cream

candy bars, cookies, my mom's homemade rice krispie treats

okay I better stop now or else I'm totally gonna go eat some of this stuff haha

but cutting most of this stuff out of my diet has made me feel soooo much better and i've obviously lost weight! so it's been worth it :)