Smokin' Hot Green Pepper's ~ Week # 2

Options
123457»

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I am having the day where you hit your hand on your forehead and say i could of had a V8... i havent been keeping track of my total of excercise ..... SILLY ME ... oh well i know that i workout 6 days a week but minute wise i lost track (must be my blonde roots showing again AIRHEAD over here) :laugh:
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    sindy ~ it is a bummer that some of our health issues are hereditary...we can only do our best each and every day at eating and exercising and be hopeful to beat the odds. i have colon ca and heart with my mom. i have had high chol for as long as i know, but have been on meds for 1 1/2 yrs now, and it is very normal now. it also helps that i use ground flaxseed, take fish oil, eat tuna, cod, salmon, talipia, walleye, and exercise. seems overwhelming, but i am doing it, and now it is just a daily habit for me. but I must say to you, I am so inspired by your enthusiasm and determination....you WILL do this! :flowerforyou:

karen ~ are you weighing in on Thurs then? good job on the 3 lbs lost! that is super! :drinker:

V ~ oh dear, hate that you are not feeling well...:sick: hope that changes soon and you are back to YOU! our high for 2morrow is maybe 50* :noway: and rain....football and homecoming should be memorable! thinkin summer has finally gone....:sad:

jacque ~ i would prefer all stats on Fri, but whenever is convenient for you guys is ok too....i am a number freak, so i don't mind!

** Smokin' Hot Green Pepper's ** challenge starting Friday Oct 2, is ~~~~~~~
    AT LEAST 3 SERVINGS OF VEGGIES EVERY DAY.......and i think it would be awesome if when we post thru out the week to mention what veggies we are eating so as to give other's ideas....kinda like what we've been doing for fruits too.

we can also keep up with past challenges.....look at them as **new habits** :bigsmile:
    1st wk- 8 glasses water every day
    2nd wk- 3 servings fruit every day ( 3 diff colors)
    and...our exercise challenge! we are working towards 200 HOURS for one month!

ok, will post the new thread later this evening! tomorrow is the start of week 3! good luck at the scale and think s-k-i-n-n-y pepper's!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    fruits ....banana, peach, frozen strawberries and an apple
    veggies.... carrots cucumber celery with roasted garlic hummus(which i am in love with btw) lol
    excercise ....105minutes (since we are on October 1st i will keep track for the month(i promise) lol since i lost track for the month of Sept . (OOOOOOPS ) lol
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Well, well, well...... I had another infrared wrap today. This time I nearly fell asleep during my "cooking time." All the commotion in my house with the car & daughter had me stressed out. So to get quiet time was a hidden treasure.

Ok, this wrap gave me an immediate loss in inches and weight. In some areas I don't lose any inches...in other areas I lose .25 inches.

Tommorrow I will weigh in at Curves. I did my weight before/after the weight. Granted I stepped on the scale after eating breakfast, snack, lunch and afternoon snack. So, I will not count what the scale said....however, I will say I was shocked.

Also, the bigger shocker -- I made the Curves top 3 monthly losers. I was in 3rd place. For September, I had the most pounds lost at 5.6; however, others had more inches. Curves counts top losers for inches. I had 2 inches others had 4-4.25 inches.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Exercise update - today
    40 minutes walk
    30 minutes curves
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    oh how I HATE the wind. It is blowing mercilessly here in Kansas. Did make it out for my run though (old me would have just skipped it) so I figure I get extra bonus points just for getting out on such a blustery day :)

30 minutes jog (2.5 miles)
    30 minutes walk

Didn't get as many fruits today, but drank lots of water and tons of veggies!!!
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    Good evening SHGP! Things have been kind of busy this week. My oven caught on fire. Thankfully it burned it self out without any damage. That is what happens when you forget to clean up major spills. Needless so say I had to clean my oven. I had my first OB appointment on Wednesday. I am 8 weeks along. I exercised for 520 minutes this week (9/25-10/1). I have manage to do fairly well eating fruit this week. Friday, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday I ate 3 different colored fruits. Saturday I ate 3 fruits but only 2 colors. Sunday I ate only 2 fruit and Wednesday I ate only 1 fruit. This is good for me because I prefer my veggies until I became pregnant. Now cooked veggies make me nausea. I don't have many raw veggies at home besides lettuce. I was hoping to get to the farmers market on Wednesday but didn't so now I am going to try and go on Saturday. I love the veggie challenge and the idea to keep going with the water and 3 different colored fruit. Good luck everyone with tomorrow's weigh in. Tomorrow is a new day.:flowerforyou:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Angie -- sorry to hear about your stove. Sounds like you avoided a house fire.
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    Yes we did. THANK GOD! We live in an apartment and that would have not been good.