Moms with stretch marks, do u wear bikinis?

Options

Replies

• CheekyBrahette
    CheekyBrahette Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have them on my lower tummy area below my bellybutton as well as on my hips. They don’t bother me, and I’m sure they don’t bother my boyfriend.

IMO strangers are probably dealing with insecurities of their own and really don’t pay much attention to them. Wear the bikini and be proud.

:smile:
  • freezesbabe
    freezesbabe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Next summer this mama will be rocking a bikini!!!! ive never worn a bikini in my life but im so ready for it
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    If I can get to goal weight before the end of summer I think I'll attempt a two piece lol. I have stretch marks and they're pretty faded so they don't bother me too much, it's what happened to my belly button that really makes me cringe. I didn't take out my belly piercing til I was around 20wks so the hole got stretched out pretty bad. Then as my belly grew it stretched more. And now the "hole" is more like a loop with a stretch mark going right through it. It's hard to explain but I don't think anything short of plastic surgery will put it back to normal lol but maybe if I lose a few more lbs it will get better.
  • melyndavaz
    melyndavaz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    After seeing these responses, I certainly will. Goal body... here I come!
  • rachy867
    rachy867 Posts: 32
    Options
    Damn right I do, my stretch marks are part of my life story, if people find them unsightly they can always look the other way. Not everyone has a perfect body but we should be proud of what we have, and what we achieve.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    If I can lose a bit more of the mummy tummy I will definitely be buying a bikini. I have stretchmarks 3/4 of the way up my tummy and I do hate them but I suppose they just go to show how big and strong I managed to grow my babies and I should be proud of them.
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Dad with stretch marks here ... and I wear a thong!

jk jk...but I have a friend who does. He's one of those guys that likes to see people cringe and then laugh because he made them cringe.
  • Sassybmom
    Sassybmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Dad with stretch marks here ... and I wear a thong!

jk jk...but I have a friend who does. He's one of those guys that likes to see people cringe and then laugh because he made them cringe.

bwhahaha awesome post
  • joyzy
    joyzy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yes I do.
  • KxCoyote
    KxCoyote Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've never had kids, but because I gained a lot of weight very quickly, I have a TON of stretch marks, arms, thighs, hips, belly. I let them show.
    I think they look nice, shiny tiger stripes. Not everyone has them! Mine used to be really red and angry looking when I was heavier but since losing weight they're a shiny white color now. Like a pearl.

Remember! We're all tigers who have EARNED our stripes! - Not my quote >.>
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    This year is the first time in 12 years that I have wore a bikini. Most of that time I was actually thin, but incredibly self-conscience about my frankentummy. This year it is still a frankentummy, but I am okay with that. I have been rocking my old bikini for a couple months now and two weeks ago I went out and found a new one that I really like. For the 4 day weekend I will probably be living in it since we will be camping on the lake. So excited!
  • mhoeff1
    mhoeff1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    nope have an ugly mark from two c - section births 20 yrs agao and its still there I hate it!!!! and the bad thing is not one flipping stretch mark on my stomach now dont that suck!
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Never have in my life, but I will this year.

It's as much for me about overcoming YEARS of body image issues as it is about the actual suit. I'll likely wear my one piece more often because that's what I'm comfortable in, but I promised myself I'd take the opportunity to wear a bikini a few times this year, in an effort to exercise my new-found love and acceptance of myself.

No amount of stretch marks or loose skin is going to stop me :flowerforyou:.

Love this... I understand this feeling.. and I even dont even like rocking a one piece?!?!? Id rather wear shorts on top :) Definintally need to try and overcome THIS..
  • Marcillene
    Options
    At home for sure (have a pool) but in public hmmm... I have some killer abs now and my stretch marks are light but I have soooo much loose skin still. Basically duct tape under bottoms would fix it lol but I'm not confident about my belly button region (looks like the eye of an 80 yr old man). Ack I am really struggling with this bc I see my abs as a major achievement especially after 4 kids but I know it looks kinda off. I'm very much a sz 4 and top heavy- I just feel so blah about my skin :(:(:(

I think THIS is my main issue... Loose skin, and 'rolls' and my belly button+lower belly. definitally didnt rock a bikini before pregnancy because i had body image issues if i sat down and showed a roll... and NOW... i have loose skin and stretch marks.. (Before i was 5'10 and 120-130lbs but if i 'jiggled' i felt EVERYONE saw it and thought about it.. Lol.. how silly of me.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I am embarrassed of my stretch marks but not so much so that if I had a rockin' body I wouldn't sport a bikini. It's my goal to show off my stretch marks in ALL their glory LOL. Stil have to lose about 40#s and at least another year of NROLFW :p
  • Marcillene
    Options
    If I can get to goal weight before the end of summer I think I'll attempt a two piece lol. I have stretch marks and they're pretty faded so they don't bother me too much, it's what happened to my belly button that really makes me cringe. I didn't take out my belly piercing til I was around 20wks so the hole got stretched out pretty bad. Then as my belly grew it stretched more. And now the "hole" is more like a loop with a stretch mark going right through it. It's hard to explain but I don't think anything short of plastic surgery will put it back to normal lol but maybe if I lose a few more lbs it will get better.

^^^^ THIS THIS THIS^^^ I know exactly what you're talking about i was further than 20 weeks when i took mine out but should have LONG before.. now i have A stretch mark going through i and my belly ring holds onto one big stretch mark..
  • susanmm2013
    Options
    I did after my first and that is my profile picture. Once I get back to where I feel comfortable to wear one, I probably will again...at least I hope so anyway.
  • brennamathis
    Options
    yep, and I haven't even reached goal weight yet--5'9" and 206lbs. I wear a normal top (well, as normal as you can get with a 40DD chest) and I alternate between boy cut or regular cut bottoms with side ruching. I've gotten to the point where I don't really care anymore about somebody seeing them, and if somebody doesn't wanna see it, then they can stop looking.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks, and I've never had kids! I wear a bikini, no problemo! I used to be self conscious about them, but each scar my body has does tell a story-- be it my stretch marks, or my surgery scars on my back. I wear them proudly!:drinker:
  • beniky
    beniky Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You bet...when I am at goal weight. Mine are mainly on my lower abdomen, so I grabbed a high waisted bottom piece and a halter top bikini from VS (they had the mix and match options)...the bottom hits just under my belly button, and is just loose enough to not cling to that extra little roll of extra skin due to carrying a baby. My 4 pack (the other 2 are forever hidden) is on full display...a few of the tops of the silvery marks peep out the top - but I stopped caring eons ago...you can't seen them anyways unless you're really looking hard...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!