for all the hopefull "wanna be" runners out there - trying t

Options

Replies

• darman
    darman Posts: 269
    Options
    I just finished W2D3. It was by far the toughest training session I've had. Not for aches or pains, or unscheduled stops. First off I had to skip over a road killed armadillo. Then I made the turn into the teeth of a sustained 30 mph wind.

My first three running sessions were straight into the wind. I couldn't beleive the difference in resistance when I made the turn to go back. The last two running sessions we easy as hell. In fact I stretched the last session to two minutes....because Week 3 is a little more difficult. But think I'm ready.

I also started checking into races in late Nov early December. i think getting an organized 5K in before Christmas has become a short term goal....because the scale certainly hasn't moved in two weeks.
    Had that same thing yesterday on the bike - that into the winds stuff is hard but you can always look forward to the trip back:laugh:
    Great job on the progress man - keep it up!!!!
  • darman
    Options
    Okay so...........color me stupid - yesterday decided I would ride my bike for my workout - made myself go for 40 minutes and man o man - I could tell I haven't road in a while:noway: Thighs were saying hello after the first 10 min - then the knees joined the party - ended up doing 8.5 miles

Was going to walk with the wife last night and she changed her mind and I "had" to do something - was just going for a nice easy 2 miler but nnnnnnnnnooooooo I decided to go 3.5 - it was so cool and so nice last night

Paying for it this morning - might take the day off

Got to get my eating back right also - not losing any weight - not eating enough.........
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Okay so...........color me stupid - yesterday decided I would ride my bike for my workout - made myself go for 40 minutes and man o man - I could tell I haven't road in a while:noway: Thighs were saying hello after the first 10 min - then the knees joined the party - ended up doing 8.5 miles

Was going to walk with the wife last night and she changed her mind and I "had" to do something - was just going for a nice easy 2 miler but nnnnnnnnnooooooo I decided to go 3.5 - it was so cool and so nice last night

Paying for it this morning - might take the day off

Got to get my eating back right also - not losing any weight - not eating enough.........

Great job on that ride! Phew! I think you deserve the day off today. :wink:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I ran for 3.2 miles last night. I took a short 5 minutes or so rest at the half way point then ran back to the beginning of the trail. Yes indeedy, that 5 minute warmup walk at the beginning sure does make a difference. I'm pretty proud of myself. :bigsmile:
  • savvystephy
    Options
    I ran for 3.2 miles last night. I took a short 5 minutes or so rest at the half way point then ran back to the beginning of the trail. Yes indeedy, that 5 minute warmup walk at the beginning sure does make a difference. I'm pretty proud of myself. :bigsmile:

Great job! :drinker: You should be proud of yourself! Hopefully once I get through C25K the first week of December, I will be able to run that far!
  • lisam829
    lisam829 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    finally bought new running shoes!!! :drinker: seeing as how the ones I am replacing are clearance walmart running shoes, my legs are thanking me very much! Got a nice pair of Oasics, and I took them out for a 30 min walk. very nice :love:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Today I did W3D1 of C25K. Today was the first day I've actaully questioned my sanity. I ran for a total of 12 minutes spread over 27 minutes. It simply amazes me that 12 minutes out of my day can make my legs sore, and effect how I feel the rest of the day...which is pretty good.
  • darman
    Options

Outstanding:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: - keep up the good work!!!
  • darman
    Options
    Today I did W3D1 of C25K. Today was the first day I've actaully questioned my sanity. I ran for a total of 12 minutes spread over 27 minutes. It simply amazes me that 12 minutes out of my day can make my legs sore, and effect how I feel the rest of the day...which is pretty good.
    The soreness will pass eventually - got to get the muscles and bones strong - keep pushing!!
  • darman
    Options
    finally bought new running shoes!!! :drinker: seeing as how the ones I am replacing are clearance walmart running shoes, my legs are thanking me very much! Got a nice pair of Oasics, and I took them out for a 30 min walk. very nice :love:
    Shoes really do make a huge difference...........now for the right socks.............:laugh:
  • savvystephy
    Options
    Today I started C25K! Week 1, Day 1 Complete. It's really fun actually. :smile:
  • JessiJean
    JessiJean Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

Congrats!!!!!! I only ran 2 miles today and felt outta gas... Keep up the great work!!!

:flowerforyou: Jessi
  • savvystephy
    Options

Congrats!!!!!! I only ran 2 miles today and felt outta gas... Keep up the great work!!!

Thanks Jessi! Keep up the great work too! :heart:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Daughter and I ran a different route on Saturday. She had mapped it on map my run or some site. The actuall run only took us 30 minutes. An extra 10 minutes for our warmup/down walks and stretches. I felt great! Didn't even have to stop during the run. WOOHOO!!
  • JessiJean
    Options
    Daughter and I ran a different route on Saturday. She had mapped it on map my run or some site. The actuall run only took us 30 minutes. An extra 10 minutes for our warmup/down walks and stretches. I felt great! Didn't even have to stop during the run. WOOHOO!!

You rock Momma!!!!! :drinker:
  • savvystephy
    Options

Great job!
  • darman
    Options

Great job!

Yep - I have about 3 different routes depending on what I want to do that day - really does help - Great job on the time!!!
  • aeswan
    aeswan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I definitely fit into this category--I've been running 3-4 miles for almost a year now, and I can't seem to get past that. I'd kinda like to sign up for a 1/2 marathon, but I'm too chicken so far. Thinking maybe I should try a 10k first...
    I just moved from Idaho to Illinois this summer, and kind of slacked off on the running (and gained about 5 pounds) after we moved. The weather has just suddenly turned cooler (which I love) and I'm trying to get back into a routine. I'm thinking of doing the One Hour Runner program--I usually aim for distance rather than time (I'm very slow--about 11 min miles), but I tried a 30 minute run last week and it felt liberating! I think I actually ran a little faster than usual. Has anyone else tried it?
  • JessiJean
    Options
    Hi there,
    I definitely fit into this category--I've been running 3-4 miles for almost a year now, and I can't seem to get past that. I'd kinda like to sign up for a 1/2 marathon, but I'm too chicken so far. Thinking maybe I should try a 10k first...
    I just moved from Idaho to Illinois this summer, and kind of slacked off on the running (and gained about 5 pounds) after we moved. The weather has just suddenly turned cooler (which I love) and I'm trying to get back into a routine. I'm thinking of doing the One Hour Runner program--I usually aim for distance rather than time (I'm very slow--about 11 min miles), but I tried a 30 minute run last week and it felt liberating! I think I actually ran a little faster than usual. Has anyone else tried it?

I usually check my distance more than my time also. I run more at a 12-14 minute mile thoug. I have been ATTEMPTING Hal Higdon's 10K training. I did week 2 last week, but I think it was too much, so I am gonna repeat week 1 and 2 again.

• savvystephy
    Options
    I just finished W1D2 of C25K and it's already easier than W1D1. That's great for me to know. :) I am feeling my running ability coming back and that makes me very happy. :heart: :love: