Is this jealousy or intuition?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    think you are just hung up on the whole "stripper" thing. i don't think the guy is an *kitten*, he was upfront. the comment, i would just ignore. you mentioned that you don't care if he hangs out with his ex which i think is cool on your part, most girls would not even tolerate that. the "stripper" part concerns you? listen, strippers are regular people too they are not walking around all super hyped up sex machines AND have you seen this girl? Cause, not all strippers are these super hot chicks either. AND, he is your bf's ex. Must be reason f& that he is with you now. So, they have a friendship now, think that says a lot about a person. i hate it when guys i date bash their ex gfs.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Ok, it's not alright for her to express her belief in public, but it's ok for you to tell her not to express her belief.
    In essence, the only view that is valid is yours and it's the only one that is allowed to be spoken. She offered advice that she thinks would help the op. There was nothing wrong with that.

Maybe you should work on expressing your views intelligently, minus the 8th grade weak attempt at humor, rather than try to silence someone with a different set of beliefs.

Funny thing is, I'd bet the house you're one of those people who consider themselves to have an open mind.

The woman is in an open relationship with a man who is also having one with another woman. What about this does the Bible apply to? It doesn't. She just took an opportunity to interject religion to try to make other people feel bad about the way they live their lives. Religion is good for that.

I hope you're not too sophisticated for my "8th grade humor". Maybe you should try having an open mind instead of being so pretentious.

No, she was not trying to make other people feel bad, she said her life would be better if she lived according to the bible. What's wrong with that? Tell me what religion or secular set of beliefs would ever gain traction if people kept it to themselves? There is nothing wrong with telling someone that they could improve their life if they follow a certain way of life. Offering religion/faith as a means to improve a persons situation shows more compassion than hate. What would have been selfish would have been for her to keep silent out of fear of ridicule.

You tell me to get an open mind when you are telling someone who holds a belief that you don't agree with to shut up. Stop being a hypocrite. She has every right to offer advice as you do.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    You have been on 10 dates...with a man who has 3 kids with a stripper...who is still dating her.....
    WTH sister.... tell him to forget your number.

You can option #1 Move on NOW

or

Option #2 Start practicing your surprised face for the Jerry Springer show.

REALLY?!?! He has 0 kids.... go back and read again
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    3 months of casual on and off dating doesn't scream 'committed relationship' to me. I think he's given you as much honesty as he should be expected to with your relationship being where it is.

This. You're not monogamous until you actually have the talk, and both agree to be monogamous. Has this happened yet? Or you just hoping?

I would say any man who can pull threesomes and date strippers knows *exactly* what he's doing.

You obviously have not seen the strippers in this town. :sick: Depending on the establishment having all of his teeth could have him pulling threesomes. :indifferent:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Sorry but on again off again on again does not seem like a relationship. Sorry but it sounds like he's got you where he wants you and knows that if he dumps you all he has to do is say "but baby I miss you! I haven't been with any one since we were together!" and you'll get all misty and happy and take him back.

As for his taking his ex out for her birthday be happy that they're friends and civil! Hell my husband used to visit his ex wife when he was on business in the state she lived in. They used to talk in the phone every now and then. Didn't concern me one bit. I think (as someone else here pointed out ) its the fact that the ex is a stripper that has your panties in a bunch. If you are that concerned then tell him he can't go.
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You don't address it! YOU MOVE ON!

Have some self respect.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    You have been on 10 dates...with a man who has 3 kids with a stripper...who is still dating her.....
    WTH sister.... tell him to forget your number.

You can option #1 Move on NOW

or

Option #2 Start practicing your surprised face for the Jerry Springer show.

REALLY?!?! He has 0 kids.... go back and read again

I think she confused the "threesome" comment with the number of children he (does not) have. :laugh:
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options

No, she was not trying to make other people feel bad, she said her life would be better if she lived according to the bible. What's wrong with that?

Not to get in between your debate...but what if you change the wording? "Your life would be better if you were...gay...white..straight...black...etc." She just happened to use the word religious/live according to the bible. That appears to be why the other poster took offense. Because it was offensive the way it was thrown out there.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You don't address it! YOU MOVE ON!

Have some self respect.

:flowerforyou:
  • lexingtonjane
    lexingtonjane Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's neither jealousy or intuition. It's a big red flag telling you this dude is a loser!

You have a son; be careful of the messages he is receiving about how to treat women.

I don't care what year it is - wait until you get married to have sex!

When you are older and wiser, you will start to get things in the Bible that you never got before.

You will look back on your life and realize that if you only listened to God's Word instead of man, your life would have been a whole lot better.

(Let the bashing begin - I'm out of here!)

Wow, reminds me of my grandmother. Pulling the Bible out and using it in EVERY conversation, whether it's relevant or not. *sigh*

She must be so proud! I feel sorry for her as a grandmother.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    So I am dating this guy. We've been dating on and off for about 3 months, roughly 10 dates. We have been off for the past month, but are back on currently. We went out yesterday and he informed me that he is taking his ex (who happens to be a stripper, who he had a threesome with) out to dinner for her birthday on Friday. Am I just jealous, or is my intuition kicking in here? Maybe I'm jealous just because her profession. If she were an accountant, would I be feeling the same?
    I told him straight up, as long as you aren't giving her birthday sex. BUT instead of telling me I have nothing to worry about, he says "We can't. She's not coming to my house." Am I over thinking that statement? Are guys just that stupid that that is the first thing that came into his head?
    And finally... how can I talk to him about this concerning me without sounding whiny, jealous or complaining. I don't want to care if he hangs out with an ex. I just feel very concerned about the situation. And I would like to address it to him without attacking him.
    Please help me ... :ohwell:

When I dated someone I really was into, I spent time only with them.
    He's not into you enough to sweat what you care, so it's time to make like a tree.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    It's neither jealousy or intuition. It's a big red flag telling you this dude is a loser!

You have a son; be careful of the messages he is receiving about how to treat women.

I don't care what year it is - wait until you get married to have sex!

When you are older and wiser, you will start to get things in the Bible that you never got before.

You will look back on your life and realize that if you only listened to God's Word instead of man, your life would have been a whole lot better.

(Let the bashing begin - I'm out of here!)

Wow, reminds me of my grandmother. Pulling the Bible out and using it in EVERY conversation, whether it's relevant or not. *sigh*

She must be so proud! I feel sorry for her as a grandmother.

She refers to me as a heathen so yeah, it's a bit rough between us right now because I want nothing to do with Christianity anymore due to its politics among other things. Can't wait to move out so I can stop having my beliefs criticized on a regular basis. :/
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    To make a answer short..... Intuition... Go with your gut on this one...