Is this jealousy or intuition?

Options

Replies

• ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Why is he seeing girls? You are dating. End of story.
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    If sleeping around bothers you, I'd find a companion who isn't going to sleep around.
    -wtk
    He hasn't been sleeping around. It just weirds me out that he is taking his ex out for her birthday.

During your "off" time, do you know that he is NOT sleeping with her? I will say, tho, that the fact that he told you means that he wants to be open and honest with you.... I would definitely ask him, "Well, if you COULD go to your house, would sex be involved?" There's your answer.

Take time to do things for yourself, and don't give him so much relevance in YOUR happiness. Good luck!
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    Big hugs. I love you MFP forums. Even on vacation you always make my day better. No shortage of stupid here.

My magic 8-ball says: All signs point to popcorn.

Thanks for proving my point that men are stupid

Us men are stupid? Look at the girl who's gettin' played!
    hahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahaha.... Boom.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Idk if it is jealousy or intuition, but I know it is stupidity if you continue to put yourself through this.

It is time to find someone else. You deserve better.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options

Wow, really. This isn't 1864.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

I think they just all need to bang and get it over with.

Bang bang.

great song by Dispatch....Ever heard it?
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options

Wow, really. This isn't 1864.

AGREE!!!
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Invite yourself along. If he says no, worry.
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine just went through the same thing, his ex was a stripper too. low and behold he was playing her the whole time. even though he said he wasn't. If he's still attached to his EX stripper girlfriend he probably hasnt let go yet. an EX is an EX for a reason if your still all buddy buddy someones not over it. Just seems like if you broke up with someone you should move on. Although you guys are just "dating" he hasnt given you any commitment so really at this point its not so much your business. This friend went through alot of heart ache with a similar situation. Not worth it.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Didn't read all of the comments on here but I think you are correct in saying that the two of you need to talk over - even if over the phone prior to Friday. First, is this something that he set up prior to the two of you getting back together? If so, it still sucks and I would be horribly jealous and insecure but not really sure if you can do anything about it. Second, the biggest red flag to me is that it appears he cheated on this girl because she cheated on him. That is my biggest concern - you hurt him and now, is this his way of hurting you back (passive agressive). Not sure if any of that helps but those are my thoughts. With the relationship being only 3 months old and not being together all of that time and both of you dating others while you were separated it doesn't seem like there should be this much stress (this should be the honey moon period).

My now husband had a girlfriend of 3 months that he broke up with two months before he met me. He met her online so they didn't have a long time friendship or anything like that. They continually talked after they broke up upsetting me and her now husband. I don't know what happened on her end but I finally told my Husband (after about three months) that if he wanted to talk to her on the phone that was fine but if they ever decided to meet up in public, even for coffee, we would have a problem. He was upset about my jealousy and I wasn't sure if it would end the relationship but I figured I had better put all my cards on the table from the beginning leaving it up to him whether he wanted to pursue a friendship with her or a relationship with me. As I explained to him I don't think he would like it if I was constantly in communication with my ex and talking about our personal life with my ex all the time. He told me he wouldn't care but the phone calls slowed down and they never met.

{Now that I have posted this let the bashing begin:bigsmile:}
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options

Only not exactly. There's no established relationship now.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    So I am dating this guy. We've been dating on and off for about 3 months, roughly 10 dates. We have been off for the past month, but are back on currently. We went out yesterday and he informed me that he is taking his ex (who happens to be a stripper, who he had a threesome with) out to dinner for her birthday on Friday. Am I just jealous, or is my intuition kicking in here? Maybe I'm jealous just because her profession. If she were an accountant, would I be feeling the same?
    I told him straight up, as long as you aren't giving her birthday sex. BUT instead of telling me I have nothing to worry about, he says "We can't. She's not coming to my house." Am I over thinking that statement? Are guys just that stupid that that is the first thing that came into his head?
    And finally... how can I talk to him about this concerning me without sounding whiny, jealous or complaining. I don't want to care if he hangs out with an ex. I just feel very concerned about the situation. And I would like to address it to him without attacking him.
    Please help me ... :ohwell:

It depends how serious the relationship is. Are you guys exclusive to each other? If so does he know that or are you just assuming he knows? Its hard to tell where the relationship stands since you stated you're on and off again. If it is he doesn't need to be around his ex, I've seen to many times people who have stayed friends with their ex end up sleeping with their ex again. Its familiar territory and easy to do for many so best to find someone who has cut ties with their ex. You also have all right to be jealous of a stripper since just by their job title it already gives an insight on what value they put on sexuality so you are not over stepping with being jealous of this. If you two are not exclusive then you have no say.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Bang bang.

great song by Dispatch....Ever heard it?

IDK. I'll have to check it out later.
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My question is WHY are YOU willing to settle for someone like that? I want a guy who only wants me. I'm no willing to be anyone's 2nd choice.

Move on and find someone who deserves you.
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    This is blatant disrespect to you as a woman and his companion! Not only that but it is starting off right from the beginning of this relationship? Hell to the NOOOOOOO! You deserve better & please cut your losses. You are worth way more than this dude is investing period.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Ask him after the date, his face will tell the answer. It's not a bad thing until he does it.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I think you two have a budding relationship. Stick with it and let it bloom.
    Are these FMF or MFM three-somes?
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Are you two mutually monogamous? Have you heard him say that he isn't going to see anyone else? Does he call you his girlfriend?

If the answer to any of the above is 'no', then what he does when you aren't together really isn't any of your business.

By telling you that he is going out on another date he is telling you that he NOT seeing only you and apparently has no plans to see only you.

If you are looking for a mutually exclusive relationship, then you two are looking for totally different things and you need to move on.

Be sure the THANK HIM for being honest & up-front and not stringing you along.

Most guys would have just juggled both chicks and it would have most likely ended badly.
  • lindseym1983
    lindseym1983 Posts: 209
    Options
    You made your bed with her in it already so I guess you have to lay in it.
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Let him go. It is too early not to be able to trust someone. Don't waste your time. Dating is an interview process. He failed. Tell him you will keep his application on flie for 90 days.

Best advice ever... lol
    Thanks! Just be sure to take it. You deserve better. ;P