Is this jealousy or intuition?

Options

Replies

• auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Um, he doesn't give a crap about you, move on. Seriously. Not OK, even a little bit. You need some self esteem and to stand up for yourself.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I would like to clarify somethings.

1) The first time we dated was for about two months. I, after two months asked him to meet my son. He was not ready. I took this as him not wanting to be serious. HOWEVER, when I broke it off I did break his heart. He did really care for me, he just wasn't ready to meet my son. He did contact me weeks later and tell me he would like to take me and my son to the park. But I was dating this other guy... sooo I did hurt him, and he did want something serious.
    2) We both dated while we were off. I dated a guy I've known for a very long time and we got physical together. He on the other hand dated, but nothing phsyical. I know this because the first time we were intimate when we started dating again, he whispered in my ear that he hadn't been with anyone since me. No reason to sprout lies, since he has always been honest.
    3) It's not that I don't trust him. We have talked about where we would like this relationship to go. We just aren't "there" yet. He's been honest enough to say he's cheated before (on this chick that's he taking to dinner!!) because she cheated on him. I've been cheated on... so I think that all plays into how I feel.
    So having said that... does it change any opinions.
    I think I'm just going to call him and talk to him. Unfortunately we don't have the opportunity to meet up before Friday when he takes the ex to dinner. I appreciate all the opinions and advice. No clue yet where to go from here. But I know I deserve a good man. Based on how the conversation goes, I know I will be able to figure it out!

Ok this makes a little more sense now that you've been dating on off for 3 months. Does he show he wants to be with you and be with only you?

However, taking the ex out for dinner is still a bit fishy. I'm not saying her profession has anything to do with this. I've remained good friends with someone I've dated for 2 years. We still exchange a few words every few months, but we've never ever had the urgency to take each other to dinner, not even for a birthday or Christmas or any special occasion. We live our lives separately, but are still in touch.

It's definitely worth talking to him about. That's the way to go and if he still can't make you feel better about it then I'd say you might take another look at dating him.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Big hugs. I love you MFP forums. Even on vacation you always make my day better. No shortage of stupid here.

My magic 8-ball says: All signs point to popcorn.

Thanks for proving my point that men are stupid

Us men are stupid? Look at the girl who's gettin' played!
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Big hugs. I love you MFP forums. Even on vacation you always make my day better. No shortage of stupid here.

Well with that point of view you are sure to catch a "gem"
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Why is it that as soon as people start dating they gain Hooks! What's wrong with someone maintaining a healthy sexual relationship with others when not actually being "in wedlock". Haven't you ever heard the old proverb?

Biblically speaking, there is a lot wrong with premarital sex, but I wont get into that here. Most women replying on here have enough respect for themselves and their bodies that they wont allow men to use them and lose them.

Yea but it also says if kids curse at their parents, the kids should be put to death.

Context is key. Feel free to send me a private message if you are interested in learning more! =)
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    You've dated 10 times! If he's not willing to change for you, then you should try to change him.

ffs
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

Well with that point of view you are sure to catch a "gem"

I love MEN!
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options

I'm going to have to go with Sofa on this one. Obviously you did not pick up on the sarcasm he was putting out.

It's ok Sofa, you are not stupid. ::PATSHEAD::
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Teell him straight out that if he is seeing her you aren't interested, you will soon see what his decision is!!

Basil
  • DaGsGirl
    DaGsGirl Posts: 194
    Options
    He sounds like a class act, tell him to get back on Craigslist and get lost. You can do MUCH better than that honey. Hes SLIMEY.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    He's telling you that if you're looking for a serious relationship, don't look at him. So if you are, don't. If you're ok with on again off again, ok.
  • EIEIannone
    EIEIannone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a douche to me. Don't waste your time. You can find someone who will treat you better.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could just talk him into another threesome. You, him & the stripper. That way, no one is left out.

that is how Angie and I met...maybe you will make a new friend!
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    http://www.buuurn.com/

Let's dispense with the generalizations and think rationally here for a second. You are hearing a lot of information you probably don't want to hear [but likely suspect]. You started out with a vague scenario, only to provide more details when you attempted to rationalize your stance. The crowd still votes, "nay."

If he liked it, he would've put a ring on it.
    -wtk
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Maybe you could just talk him into another threesome. You, him & the stripper. That way, no one is left out.

that is how Angie and I met...maybe you will make a new friend!

Yea, you never know. Maybe even a new part-time job.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Why is it that as soon as people start dating they gain Hooks! What's wrong with someone maintaining a healthy sexual relationship with others when not actually being "in wedlock". Haven't you ever heard the old proverb?

Biblically speaking, there is a lot wrong with premarital sex, but I wont get into that here. Most women replying on here have enough respect for themselves and their bodies that they wont allow men to use them and lose them.

there's a lot in the bible about a lot of things that we still do anyway...let's use our own moral compass instead of relying on what we are told from a book written 1400 years ago.

Premarital sex is not some big 'sin', and dating multiple people at the same time is not wrong as long as anyone involved isn't under the illusion this is exclusive.

As long as everyone uses protection then there should be no issues as long as all are consenting, mature adults.

also - sex is a 2 way thing - it isn't men using women. The fun goes both ways...

I appreciate what you're saying, but it's your opinion only. You can choose to believe the Bible is outdated while others can choose to follow it. That doesn't make you right and them wrong, or visa versa.

Just sayin'.
  • bethany812
    Options
    Dump the loser. Jealousy or not, his comment was inappropriate. There are so many other men out there that would never put you in that situation.
  • HulaHips83
    HulaHips83 Posts: 129
    Options
    It's both. He still has a thing for her or he wouldn't still be hanging around her. And I can't imagine any way one woman could compete with a threesome. Just sayin'
  • pdanko1972
    pdanko1972 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well if you really want to be with him, and truly feel you are just being jealous, then you should ask him where y'all are going and what time cause if he is "friends" with his ex and you are his girlfriend you should be more then welcome at this birthday dinner. If you are not welcome then get out of the situation.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    All I could say for sure is that if it were me...I couldn't bare the thought of my guy going with someone else. Some might call that jealousy...others call it loyalty.