OMG this model has the most perfect bod!

Options

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    She is beautiful but in all honesty she is a little bit chubby (not fat but definitely a little overweight). That doesn't detract from her beauty though. :)

Overweight? Um, no -- not in the least. She might have some fat on her body but she is definitely in the healthy BMI range. How do I know that? I am 8 pounds overweight and her bod is far smaller.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I read that article on yahoo.. How Skinny Gurl called her Fat and then got flack because of it.

I think she's just fine.. and that skinny gurl is wishing she looked like her instead of a 5'7 100 pound stick!

Why? Maybe that "skinny gurl" is perfectly content with the way her body looks.

I've never really understood why it's alright to bash thin folks, but it's not alright to say anything about someone who has more curves or is heavier. Calling someone "a stick" is just fine, but calling a fat person a whale would cause outrage. The double-standards, especially on these boards, get very frustrating.

Skinny Gurl (as referenced in the article) is a pro ana site.

Says who? You?

Says the owner of the site.. She even had starvation tips on there until she got death/rape threats for calling Kate Upton Fat and decided to re-vamp her site.

For all people quoting my original post and thinking I'm talking about skinny girls.. I'm not.

Go to a google search for Skinny Gossip(which was Skinny Gurl) and you'll see the post and what I was referencing.
  • MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    yea, Kate's amazing and really down to earth. hope the non-sense some decide to spew just rinse right off of her.

also agree w/ the double standard towards thin people as well. if the judgement isnt positive/supportive...keep it to yourself.

P.s. i know the craze right now is to get fit but that doesnt necessarily mean muscular. as a guy, so not interested in being w/ a lady who looks like a G.I. Joe or the guys i hoop with. if i like that why not date one of them (not my style though). just food for thought.

keep cat-daddying all the way to the bank Kate.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'd bet they mean that she is bigger than normal fashion models. Plus size models are normally around size 12 (US)
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    It's a shame we don't put all this passion in to what really matters in our world.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    It's a shame we don't put all this passion in to what really matters in our world.

Oh I dunno, wanting to promote a healthy image of beauty to young girls and women seems pretty important to me.
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    I think she looks great AND i think this pic is proof that Sports Illustrated doctored her swimsuit pics to make her look skinnier. She looks more real here.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Posted on my FB and G+ as well as in another thread after I read the article:

OK, I normally do not care for media politics and try to stay as far away from it as I can but this right here infuriates me to no end. I was sent to this site by a friend of mine and it just made my jaw drop. This right here is exactly what's wrong the fashion world and the world view on women in general.

I must ask the question: How can anyone in their right mind claim this nice looking girl is fat or "a cow"? This girl has been blessed with a nice body and yet isn't afraid to live in a little excess every now and then. I see nothing wrong with her at all. Just because she has curves or whatever does not distract the fact that she's still very beautiful. She shouldn't have to be asking forgiveness because she doesn't confirm to your anorexic, bulimic standards. Yes, there are women out there that should take better care of themselves and get on a stair master or elliptical every once in awhile. However, attacking a girl who is just an average, beautiful woman because she has curves? Really?

How about all you twigs out there that can barely stand up because you do not have the body fat or muscles to do just keep your opinions to yourself, have a cheeseburger and STFU!

ROFL!!!! I think I love you;)

Yes its totally awesome how in this post they let women have it for bashing women,by bashing women themselves that is just so awesome! *kitten* ridiculous. Do some of you even see what hypocrites you are?
  • Silverkittycat
    Options

Oh I dunno, wanting to promote a healthy image of beauty to young girls and women seems pretty important to me.

and who defines health and beauty? I sincerely hope it's not many of those posting in this thread.
  • Silverkittycat
    Options
    Posted on my FB and G+ as well as in another thread after I read the article:

OK, I normally do not care for media politics and try to stay as far away from it as I can but this right here infuriates me to no end. I was sent to this site by a friend of mine and it just made my jaw drop. This right here is exactly what's wrong the fashion world and the world view on women in general.

I must ask the question: How can anyone in their right mind claim this nice looking girl is fat or "a cow"? This girl has been blessed with a nice body and yet isn't afraid to live in a little excess every now and then. I see nothing wrong with her at all. Just because she has curves or whatever does not distract the fact that she's still very beautiful. She shouldn't have to be asking forgiveness because she doesn't confirm to your anorexic, bulimic standards. Yes, there are women out there that should take better care of themselves and get on a stair master or elliptical every once in awhile. However, attacking a girl who is just an average, beautiful woman because she has curves? Really?

How about all you twigs out there that can barely stand up because you do not have the body fat or muscles to do just keep your opinions to yourself, have a cheeseburger and STFU!

ROFL!!!! I think I love you;)

Yes its totally awesome how in this post they let women have it for bashing other women,by bashing women themselves that is just so awesome! *kitten* ridiculous

I agree.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

and who defines health and beauty? I sincerely hope it's not many of those posting in this thread.

The issue is that people look at the picture and see somebody who is "chubby" or "overweight" and she's not. I don't care if she's not your cup of tea. But I see it as a distinct positive that the majority of people are looking at this women and not seeing a huge fatty.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

Promoting a certain body type that seems healthier isn't really the same as promoting healthy beauty or better body image. Even if she is beautiful, she is still an unrealistic ideal for a lot of girls and women. Real beauty is working with what you've got and learning to love it.
  • Silverkittycat
    Options

Promoting a certain body type that seems healthier isn't really the same as promoting healthy beauty or better body image. Even if she is beautiful, she is still an unrealistic ideal for a lot of girls and women. Real beauty is working with what you've got and learning to love it.

Precisely.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

I don't agree 100%. Yes learn how to embrace what we've got is the right thing but also we should realize if there's issue. Say we can't just tell those obese people to live with their body without trying to lose some weight and correct health issues associated or caused by the weight. I am not bashing obese people. I am just shocked by how many refuse to face the reality.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

The point is that, for the most part, people realize that just because she isn't skin and bones doesn't mean she's fat. Weight really isn't an indication of health in a lot of cases, what I mean by "healthy image" is one that is at neither end of the excessive spectrum. Beauty is entirely different concept.
  • KellyAlyssa84
    Options
    The woman who made the comment about Kate Upton being fat is intentionally maintaining a BMI of about 15. If you think that's a healthy brain that deserves to be taken seriously, continue giving her attention.

I agree with this. Personally, I think she's gorgeous. She's confident and, frankly, that's a key factor of sexiness. I also think Gisele is gorgeous. Two completely different body types, so sue me :drinker:
  • mommaPeach72
    Options
    She is beautiful but in all honesty she is a little bit chubby (not fat but definitely a little overweight). That doesn't detract from her beauty though. :)
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS
    She's making the cover of magazines based on more than her body. She's cute, and if you're that young and cute, you can get away with a few rolls of fat.

Honey, those are called "Breasts", not fat rolls.....
  • tiffygrl12
    tiffygrl12 Posts: 40
    Options

I'm not sure what you meant when you said she's an unrealistic idea. She not overweight and not underweight, why isn't that realistic. Or did you mean that a lot of women might not have her body type? I don't think anyone meants for this to be a discussion about body types but about a healthy/normal weight.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS
    She's making the cover of magazines based on more than her body. She's cute, and if you're that young and cute, you can get away with a few rolls of fat.

:love:
  • tiffygrl12
    tiffygrl12 Posts: 40
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS

Omg this LOL :laugh: :drinker: