OMG this model has the most perfect bod!

Options

Replies

• penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    A thread analyzing, criticizing, and debating women's bodies, body fat, shape, attractiveness, dimensions, and alleged fatness has gone on for 18 pages? How sad.

Well, in all honesty this thread is discussing one woman's body and she's a model and honestly her job is ALL ABOUT IMAGE. I'm sure she's more then used to people looking at her body and picking it apart piece by piece, far more so then anyone here has done.

I've seen just as many threads about 'fitness models' that degenerate just as quickly. I guess if you ask an opinion about something you should expect to hear some opinions you don't like.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    And I feel like everyone is missing the point- No matter what size you should not disparage or comment on a womans body (or man's body lol) unless it is positive ie "You look great" - I'm esp. shocked that all of this is coming from MFP people--- We all struggle with weight and body image. I don't understand the debate. She was called fat. Is she fat? Why would you call anyone fat?

Well, no, she's not fat. Even if she was no one should be writing internet articles about her to point out her fatness.

She's a model. She should expect people to comment on her shape and sometimes the comments will be; I don't like her shape. That's just her line of work.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Fat or skinny, it doesn't matter, because the woman has no waist/hips! Other than the ginormous boobs she's like a straight board when looking at her straight on and that is not attractive nor is it curvy. Her waist/hip ratio is probably 0.8-0.9.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    And I feel like everyone is missing the point- No matter what size you should not disparage or comment on a womans body (or man's body lol) unless it is positive ie "You look great" - I'm esp. shocked that all of this is coming from MFP people--- We all struggle with weight and body image. I don't understand the debate. She was called fat. Is she fat? Why would you call anyone fat?

Well, no, she's not fat. Even if she was no one should be writing internet articles about her to point out her fatness.

She's a model. She should expect people to comment on her shape and sometimes the comments will be; I don't like her shape. That's just her line of work.
    Agreed.

Unless someday perception/image on models was changed, they should expect all these judgement. I am not saying it's right to be harsh on them just because they are making money on their image; I really think people shouldn't take this so personally. There's nothing to do with common poeople like you and me; we are judging models and "perfect bods". LOL peace. :)
  • servilia
    Options
    I also want to know when curvy became synonymous with chubby. Because curvy has to do with body shape, not weight. Kate Upton is actually not that curvy. She has a fairly straight figure, with a line from the shoulder to hip with only a slightly cinched waist. Thin women who are pears or hourglasses can be very curvy.

Thank you for saying this.

Ditto.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Fat or skinny, it doesn't matter, because the woman has no waist/hips! Other than the ginormous boobs she's like a straight board when looking at her straight on and that is not attractive nor is it curvy. Her waist/hip ratio is probably 0.8-0.9.

I would rather focus on "fat'/"skinny" comment because body shape is not something you could change...easily. She was born with no marked waistline. :(
  • califitgrl
    califitgrl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I also want to know when curvy became synonymous with chubby. Because curvy has to do with body shape, not weight. Kate Upton is actually not that curvy. She has a fairly straight figure, with a line from the shoulder to hip with only a slightly cinched waist. Thin women who are pears or hourglasses can be very curvy.

^^^THIS

I've been reading this thread thinking I must be alone in this opinion. People keep throwing out the word curvy and to me it doesn't apply. Especially looking at the link with more pictures of her and seeing the catdaddy video. She does not have curves. She's straight up and down with boobs. That being said, I think she is a pretty girl and I don't consider her fat or chubby she just has more body fat than most models.

ETA- I see @servilia touched on it also. I hadn't made it to the last page. I think you hinted at it early in the thread too. Well I definitely agree. Not to take anything away from Kate I just don't think curvy is the right way to describe her or anyone else just because they have a higher body fat percentage.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options

^^^THIS

I've been reading this thread thinking I must be alone in this opinion. People keep throwing out the word curvy and to me it doesn't apply. Especially looking at the link with more pictures of her and seeing the catdaddy video. She does not have curves. She's straight up and down with boobs. That being said, I think she is a pretty girl and I don't consider her fat or chubby she just has more body fat than most models.

ETA- I see @servilia touched on it also. I hadn't made it to the last page. I think you hinted at it early in the thread too. Well I definitely agree. Not to take anything away from Kate I just don't think curvy is the right way to describe her or anyone else just because they have a higher body fat percentage.

^^This.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

And this.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    A thread analyzing, criticizing, and debating women's bodies, body fat, shape, attractiveness, dimensions, and alleged fatness has gone on for 18 pages? How sad.

Would it be any different if it was a man?

Or just more acceptable?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

Or just more acceptable?

Do you think it would happen if it were a man? Reminds me of an article a friend posted on FB a while ago called, "You never really hear about Mitt Romney's ankles." And while I get that this woman is a model, and since her body is her career, it's going to be discussed, still... women get scrutinized in ways men never do.

I mean... so what if she doesn't have the "ideal" hourglass waist to hip ratio? Not all women have large breasts AND a defined waist AND wide hips.

Personally? Having seen candid photos taken of me when I wasn't posing, I am NOT going to critique anyone's waist, hips, breasts or *kitten* for not looking flawless in every photo. Hell, even photos were I am posing, there's a lot that look pretty suckass, but especially if they're taken while I'm moving, walking, running, dancing.... Yikes.
  • servilia
    Options

Or just more acceptable?

Do you think it would happen if it were a man? Reminds me of an article a friend posted on FB a while ago called, "You never really hear about Mitt Romney's ankles." And while I get that this woman is a model, and since her body is her career, it's going to be discussed, still... women get scrutinized in ways men never do.

I mean... so what if she doesn't have the "ideal" hourglass waist to hip ratio? Not all women have large breasts AND a defined waist AND wide hips.

Personally? Having seen candid photos taken of me when I wasn't posing, I am NOT going to critique anyone's waist, hips, breasts or *kitten* for not looking flawless in every photo. Hell, even photos were I am posing, there's a lot that look pretty suckass, but especially if they're taken while I'm moving, walking, running, dancing.... Yikes.

Nobody said she HAS to have perfect features/proportions. But that's the point. The title of the thread says she has the perfect bod and others have differing opinions.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    That picture makes her look WAY bigger than she actually is. I was just looking up other pictures of her (and videos of her runway) and she is not that big at all. She looks half the size of the original picture. However, I do think her body is lovely and it's sad that that is what is considered plus size in modeling, but I like my body to be more curvy personally because as someone mentioned she doesn't actually have much for a waist/hips for a "plus size".

But I am glad to see a lingerie/bikini model that isn't skin and bones. :)
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options

I also don't see the VS models as "super anorexic". They are where they are for a reason.
    vs-models3.jpg

I think they all look toned and healthy IMO

I agree, beautiful

ditto.
    "Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears."
    Edgar Allan Poe
  • AngelaHewlett74
    AngelaHewlett74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree she is beautiful , perfectly healthy.... My dream body as well
  • hem8787
    hem8787 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just for poops and giggles, I wanted to see just how long it would take to make this photo look more like magazine shots.

10 minutes, while eating lunch at my desk, with a 10 year old version of photoshop, very rusty 'shopping skills (not that I was ever very good to begin with) and no extra tools or filters.

photoshop.jpg

Fat? Chubby? No. Just not doctored. :laugh:

And, hmmm.... now I know what to do with the photo from Warrior Dash when I was jumping over the fire and I had an "unsightly crease" on my stomach.

Very good point!
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    I just saw an article about the uproar over her and it's ridiculous! She's gorgeous!
  • 19nicole89
    19nicole89 Posts: 10
    Options
    Adriana Lima. Now she's hott! I have a huge crush on her! Her body is sick as well. Gorgeous face.
  • T07HOOKEM
    T07HOOKEM Posts: 2
    Options
    Very Pretty! Definitely not overweight. She looks healthy and there needs to be more models like her instead of the tons of anorexic, and drugged up ones that media says is what "Beauty" looks like and what we should strive for. I don't understand how anyone on this site, or anyone at all can judge this girl on the way she looks! Aren't we all striving to motivate each other and achieve healthy weights and healthy lifestyles? This girl looks great. Sunk in skin and bones are not beautiful. It's sad, in my opinion. But, that's just my opinion. I think a some curve is good :)
  • MaverickUK2K
    Options
    People saying or even thinking she's fat need a) shooting or b) assessed for mental illnesses.