OMG this model has the most perfect bod!

Options

Replies

• golightlyphilosophy
    Options
    Wow. After seeing this community bash on a girl who has a good enough body to have a successful career as a swimsuit model, I know I will never be posting before/after photos of myself in the forums!
  • brian1229
    brian1229 Posts: 28
    Options
    She is definitely a good inspiration for me. I don't want a gymnast build or body builder definition. I want to be at a healthy weight (which she is), be a little softer (which she is, not a thing wrong with that), and get my 5k time under 30 minutes.

While she may not have your ideal body, she is definitely not fat or overweight by any means. That's ridiculous. If you honestly believe this, then you need to learn what a normal body weight looks like. Not every woman aspires to be on the lower end of the BMI range.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Healthy model... Not the modeling industry's preferred body type - anorexic. Very attractive lady no doubt.
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294
    Options
    It wasn't the media, it was a pro-ana site claiming she was fat. No rib bones=morbidly obese to those people...
  • CreggW
    CreggW Posts: 3
    Options
    just another example of the media. COME ON!! She is incredibly beautiful. I'm sweating just watching her coming my way!! :blushing:
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    very beautiful face, but perfect body? sorry but no lols, but still a beautiful body
  • medicinemantoo
    Options
    don't know if she's a model or not but she could be; when all is said and done she's one of my friends here on mfp and she rocks.
  • elysianashes
    elysianashes Posts: 100
    Options
    Reading this thread, all I could think of was this:
    1268194661362.jpg
    The (photoshopped) version on the left was posted all over creation, and (mostly geeky) guys everywhere were going on and on about how "bigger girls can obviously be hot" and how they couldn't understand why other guys wanted practically-anorexic chicks.

Then the original came out (the one on the right). Those same guys were saying, "Oh. Well... I mean she's still okay..."

Alright, to be fair, a lot of them still said she looked amazing, but it was interesting to see some of them change their stance once they saw the original.

ETA: Dangit, can't remember how to resize in BBcode, sorry.
  • Nicopants1314
    Options
    good granny look at those hoo has

Hah. I love that word for them.
  • almostatgoalweight
    almostatgoalweight Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I've dated a few models and I prefer them skinnier. But as for the "general population", she's thinner than 90% of people out there.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    And I feel like everyone is missing the point- No matter what size you should not disparage or comment on a womans body (or man's body lol) unless it is positive ie "You look great" - I'm esp. shocked that all of this is coming from MFP people--- We all struggle with weight and body image. I don't understand the debate. She was called fat. Is she fat? Why would you call anyone fat?
    Yeah & this is really sad because we are all here for support & motivation but lately the forums are being bombarded with lots of estrogen echo chamber eating their own. So overweight people hate to be called fat but its very OK for them to call slim people anorexics??? WTF :noway:

I'm surprised that this thread is still very much alive.
  • almostatgoalweight
    almostatgoalweight Posts: 234 Member
    Options

As others have said, I wonder if it would still be alive if OP had written "OMG this model has a really nice bod!". The word "perfect" has people all riled up. There are countless women on MFP who are slimmer than Kate what's-her-name. OP just dissed them.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    And I feel like everyone is missing the point- No matter what size you should not disparage or comment on a womans body (or man's body lol) unless it is positive ie "You look great" - I'm esp. shocked that all of this is coming from MFP people--- We all struggle with weight and body image. I don't understand the debate. She was called fat. Is she fat? Why would you call anyone fat?
    Yeah & this is really sad because we are all here for support & motivation but lately the forums are being bombarded with lots of estrogen echo chamber eating their own. So overweight people hate to be called fat but its very OK for them to call slim people anorexics??? WTF :noway:

This is part of the reason that people find the boards to be so rude and condescending. If we're here to support everyone and just be healthy then we shouldn't be spending how many ever posts saying that somebody is fat or overweight or not good enough or whatever. People pick apart other people's bodies SOOOO much on these forums. The OP thinks this is the perfect body...doesn't mean other people need to agree. But it also means members don't have to debate it for this many pages.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options

As others have said, I wonder if it would still be alive if OP had written "OMG this model has a really nice bod!". The word "perfect" has people all riled up. There are countless women on MFP who are slimmer than Kate what's-her-name. OP just dissed them.

If anyone feels "dissed" by it, they're pretty much... a wuss. As far as I know, the OP hasn't been declared Grand Master Judge of all Beauty. Her opinion of what's perfect is just that... her opinion. I'm leaner (at least from that photo) and no where near as voluptuous as Kate Upton. I'm not offended that someone thinks her body is perfect.

I think it just shows that there's a lot of women who are fed up with the typical images in every magazine and commercial, and there's a cry of "Oh, FINALLY! Someone I can relate to!" when someone dares to show a little fold or crease or jiggle.

Kind of like when Jamie Lee Curtis did that "this is what I really look like, vs after all the makeup and editing" magazine spread about 10 years ago. Too many women are constantly comparing themselves to an unattainable, unrealistic image where every "flaw" is deleted.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    OP just dissed them.

OP was just expressing shock that people would be calling this woman fat. You'd have to be trying really hard to feel dissed by her post. She didn't say, "This woman is clearly better than all other women thinner than her." You can do it in advertising--make a ridiculous claim like "The best burgers anywhere!" because everyone knows that there's no way to measure that and you aren't supposed to take it literally.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Fat or skinny, it doesn't matter, because the woman has no waist/hips! Other than the ginormous boobs she's like a straight board when looking at her straight on and that is not attractive nor is it curvy. Her waist/hip ratio is probably 0.8-0.9.

I would rather focus on "fat'/"skinny" comment because body shape is not something you could change...easily. She was born with no marked waistline. :(

That is actually not true. You can change body shape. I went from a straight/box figure to a curvy one. All it took was some work.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Can we just agree that whether you like/don't like her body, waist, body fat level, whatever that within the range of being healthy (that is, not endangering through being too thin or risking health by being too fat) that whatever you personally prefer is fine? As Lorina pointed out, one person's opinion is not a be all, end all. Some people want to look like her, other don't. GREAT. Diversity and differences making the world go round and all that?

And I would hope we can further agree that is healthy for people and refreshing to see a woman walking a runway and on magazine covers who is not extremely lean? Seeing as the vast majority of women aren't model lean I think its lovely to see someone who reflects that beauty.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

The (photoshopped) version on the left was posted all over creation, and (mostly geeky) guys everywhere were going on and on about how "bigger girls can obviously be hot" and how they couldn't understand why other guys wanted practically-anorexic chicks.

Then the original came out (the one on the right). Those same guys were saying, "Oh. Well... I mean she's still okay..."

Alright, to be fair, a lot of them still said she looked amazing, but it was interesting to see some of them change their stance once they saw the original.

ETA: Dangit, can't remember how to resize in BBcode, sorry.

Cripes! That doesn't even look like the same girl... :) She looks great in both but photoshopping certainly can change things eh?
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Fat or skinny, it doesn't matter, because the woman has no waist/hips! Other than the ginormous boobs she's like a straight board when looking at her straight on and that is not attractive nor is it curvy. Her waist/hip ratio is probably 0.8-0.9.

I would rather focus on "fat'/"skinny" comment because body shape is not something you could change...easily. She was born with no marked waistline. :(

That is actually not true. You can change body shape. I went from a straight/box figure to a curvy one. All it took was some work.

We don't disagree with each other. I said it "not very easily", you said "some work". :)
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

I dont think OP meant to "diss" skinnier ones but the way she expressed her admiration indeed invoked all these all day long arguments. :)