I AM FAT BECAUSE.......

Options

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I love food - and my family loves food - and my friends love food - and its not usually a case of "ooo ooo i'm craving broccoli" :laugh:
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    I am fat because....I used food as a coping mechanism.
  • zophiel67
    zophiel67 Posts: 181
    Options
    You name it, I'm probably guilty of it. Overindulgence of sugar & carbs. CHEESE. Lack of exercise. Emotional eating. Beer. Not liking myself much. Thinking I could get away with it. BEER. Boredom. Unconscious eating (munchies). Cheese. No one's fault but my own, though!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Never learned as a kid what healthy eating was and being in active was the norm in my family. I was lazy and didn't know when to stop eating.
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Emotional eating, more specific sugars and carbohydrates which would further cause me to emotional eat. Once I cut those out it was clear sailing.
  • jennifermiller22
    Options
    I LOVE FOOD, and it DOESN'T like me lol....but I'm going to win this war
  • sherim71
    sherim71 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am fat because I love sweets. Little Debbie and Hostess were my BFF!! And who knew pop/soda made me retain water?? And bread - mmmmmmm. And convenience foods. LAZY *kitten*!!! and probably many more reasons.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm not fat anymore, but I got fat because I didn't get enough exercise and didn't adjust to my body's changing needs as I got older. And also because I got too lazy to cook healthy meals from scratch. We were eating out too often and eating way too much "meal in a bag" type food at home.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Because I'm unhappy when I'm overweight and I eat when I'm unhappy. Because I was underfed for the first several years of my life and overfed after my Grandma saved me from my bio-mom. Because I got depressed after my miscarriages. Because it seemed safer to have a "blanket of fat" protecting me from the world.
  • moparpat
    moparpat Posts: 30
    Options
    I love BBQ'S, I can cook some mean tri tip as well as BBQ chicken and don't forget the ribs...damn I hungry again....Love to eat when i am in a good mood, bad mood....etc....love to watch tv and pig out.....chicken wings, poppers...carls Jr.....that's why I'm fat
  • colonial96
    colonial96 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I didn't love myself enough to realize I deserve better heallth

This!
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I ate unhealthy
    I didn't work out
    I became too comfortable in relationships & let myself go
    I got lazy
    I am fat because of nobody but myself.

Change is on the way, because "I am a work in progress!"
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    because i was skinny, and ate whatever i want.. and then, while skinny, at age 24.. i had two strokes from blood clots that went to the brain due to a blocked artery... when i was bed ridden for almost a year while recovering from the strokes.. i became over weight.

Skinny doesnt mean healthy! Now, im getting healthy! =)
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I didn't love myself enough to realize I deserve better heallth

And this ^
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I like to eat, I went years without my thyroid meds, I skip meals and then binge alll at once and eat a ton, and I ate crap only for years. A lot of factors go into getting this fat. Also, 3 babies in 4 years.
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    I was a lazy emotional eater. Food was my source of hope? Not anymore though...haha I conquer!
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    ...beacause I don't move around enough.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I *WAS* fat because didn't match my calorie/macronutrient intake to my activity level.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    because I ate too much when I was hungry;
    ate too much when I was not hungry,
    ate when I was bored,
    ate when I was happy,
    ate when I was unhappy,
    ate when I was depressed,
    ate just for spite (gee, wonder who that was hurting!),
    bottom line -- ate too much and sat around on my butt too much! :yawn: :laugh: :angry: :angry: :cry: :devil:
  • XoxprettybunnyxoX
    Options
    When I ate something bad, I get obsessive of it.. I am trying to resist it since I want to lose 9 lbs but I'm also worried I'm going to get too comfortable and gain it right back..