Replies

• RoosMommy01
    Options
    you lost me delete who?

*LOL* Lost me too. Who are we deleting?
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have two sisters who are gay. So. I love them just like I do all my other family members.
    If you don't belive in people being gay then don't be that way. but just because you don't believe in it doesn't mean someone else doesn't have the right to believe in it. I don't believe in Jesus, so, that doesn't mean it is wrong for those who do, it is just wrong for me.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Because it's just not natural and don't tell me you're born that way, you choose to be gay, period. I am anti LGBT everything

Seriously? What a tolerant person you are
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    Do you mean delete the genes?
    I think that would be taking us into a stem cell research discussion. Or am I really off base?
  • RoosMommy01
    Options
    Honestly, how can you want an honest answer but forbid talk of the bible if someone believes in the bible?

Because I would like to see other reasons as to why you or others are against it. Are you against it ONLY because the bible tells you it is wrong?

For Christians, the Bible is our foundation, whether or not non-Christians agree with that. So yes, there are some people who are against it only because it's in the Bible.

But that being said, I don't think it is ever okay to be mean and hateful to people - not just with gay people, but with anything - politics, religion, you name it. There is no chance for open, honest discussion if people aren't willing to listen, regardless of your stance on the topic.

Thank you for your reply. I'm definitely not trying to argue with anyone. I've brought up this topic a few times before on Facebook and all it does is lead to arguments between people. I used to go to church when I was younger but stopped going because it was just leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I for one don't like people telling me what I should believe in or who I should or shouldn't talk to just because they are a certain way and it's not right according to the bible but I totally respect their views.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    This thread is going to get shut down and you can't avoid this turning into war. It is a hot button issue.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I sure am glad the ultra-conservatives can sleep better at night knowing two people of the same sex can't get married. I mean, imagine if one of them got hurt and had to go to the hospital. They'd been together for 20 years. His mate knows best what the other would want and need in terms of medical care, but has no legal right to assist in the matter because the state doesn't recognize the union.

Sure glad people can lay their heads down at night without having to worry about that.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    if you are anti-gay you are wrong, and i hate you.

=]
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I took this statement off of a friend's status update and would really like some answers. I'm not trying to start a war but am interested to see what people will say..so here goes; "If you are anti-gay I want to know why, other than, "it's in the Bible"?

it can also harm the norm of a family where a child is raised by either two men or two women... the amount of abuse that child could receive is unfair, and it is hard for any child to not have a balance of having both a mom and a dad... just an honest answer.

im not "anti-gay" i just dont think they should adopt children or get "married"... just call it like civil union or something else and have the same benefits as straight married couples
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    This one gets a huge rise out of me. I will say that no one has any right to have anything to say about who someone chooses to love as long as it is between two consenting ADULTS. Anyone one who does needs to take a long look in the mirror and ask who made them the king or queen of morality. As for the bible bs? Please, If you follow everything in your ” good book” then you better be laying on the couch and not moving every sunday of your life or since it's the sabbath.
  • RoosMommy01
    Options
    This thread is going to get shut down and you can't avoid this turning into war. It is a hot button issue.

It's only going to turn into a war if disrespectful people start putting stupid statement to tick other people off but I'm sure before long it will happen just like it did yesterday on Facebook when I posted it.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I think people are scared of what they don't understand.
    Or something different from the norm.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    Honestly, how can you want an honest answer but forbid talk of the bible if someone believes in the bible?

Because I would like to see other reasons as to why you or others are against it. Are you against it ONLY because the bible tells you it is wrong?

75Juniper said:

For Christians, the Bible is our foundation, whether or not non-Christians agree with that. So yes, there are some people who are against it only because it's in the Bible.

But that being said, I don't think it is ever okay to be mean and hateful to people - not just with gay people, but with anything - politics, religion, you name it. There is no chance for open, honest discussion if people aren't willing to listen, regardless of your stance on the topic.

I also think Christians run into trouble when we single out a specific group. I'm a hard-core Christian, but that doesn't make me better than anyone. There are plenty of us out there committing a truck load of sins every day that have nothing to do with being gay.
  • dougt333
    Options
    I sure am glad the ultra-conservatives can sleep better at night knowing two people of the same sex can't get married. I mean, imagine if one of them got hurt and had to go to the hospital. They'd been together for 20 years. His mate knows best what the other would want and need in terms of medical care, but has no legal right to assist in the matter because the state doesn't recognize the union.

Sure glad people can lay their heads down at night without having to worry about that.

As the self proclaimed reighning conservative in the room, I'll go ahead and say that that goes against conservative beliefs. Meaning that a small government should have no say so in who marries who. And should honestly stay the *kitten* out of it. I know I'm a terrible conservative.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    The thing I find the funniest about the whole "bible" reason, is that in the original testament, there was gay sex in it!!!
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Im open minded, hae a brother who's gay and i think as long as your happy then be happy with who you love...

However I think it's the case of everyone has their own opinions on whats right or wrong, just because soneone is anti-gay doesn't make them a bad peson for thinking that way just means they are strong minded to what they believe in and have to respect there views. It could be for religion, If your not a religious person it be hard for you to understand but it's a strong belief and again it's the way they live and see life.
    I don't believe it's acceptable to 'beat' someone up or throw bad language just because of their sexual preference i believe everyone should be happy and if you really don't like seeing 2 males together 2 females short and small person then look away as everyone in life is unique in their own way.

I agree with you completely. I respect everyone opinion. If you are against people being gay or marrying outside of their religion then so be it..that question she posted though just intrigued me on what others might say.

I disagree completely. It was not so long ago that racism was socially acceptable. Not so anymore. I have no respect for someone who is racist, just as I have no respect for someone who believes being gay is some how bad or less than and that gays don't desreve the same rights and freedoms the rest of us enjoy.
  • ReneeElizabeth26
    Options
    Doug T...I think she ment she would delete them if they were gay..Not their genes...You were WAY off base. :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    what you do and with whom is your business. gay or straight...have some class and keep it to yourself
  • dougt333
    Options
    This one gets a huge rise out of me. I will say that no one has any right to have anything to say about who someone chooses to love as long as it is between two consenting ADULTS. Anyone one who does needs to take a long look in the mirror and ask who made them the king or queen of morality. As for the bible bs? Please, If you follow everything in your ” good book” then you better be laying on the couch and not moving every sunday of your life or since it's the sabbath.

Saturday but hey it's a detail... good point though. Following the bible means you have no God-given right to judge others.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    The funny thing about "it's in the Bible" is, Jesus never even said anything about it. It IS in the Bible... in the Old Testament, which Jesus later said to completely ignore. Like, literally... Jesus was like "Hey forget all about that." The anti-gay stuff is in leviticus, which also bans tattoos, polyester, and some seafood. But I don't see any of these people marching around protesting outside a tattoo bar...

And as far as "it's unnatural," homosexuality is found in thousands of species in the natural world.

There is literally no valid argument against it.
This discussion has been closed.