Honest answers only

Options

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I dont consider myself anti-gay I have several friends who are gay who I have hung out with by myself or with my family but with that being said I dont agree with the marriage of same sex couples.
    Sorry to break it to you but you are anti-gay.
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    i dont care for sex, age, color, nationality, or anything like that!

Only personality

This is convenient because I turn blue sometimes.
  • katicasi82
    katicasi82 Posts: 121 Member
    Options

I disagree completely. It was not so long ago that racism was socially acceptable. Not so anymore. I have no respect for someone who is racist, just as I have no respect for someone who believes being gay is some how bad or less than and that gays don't desreve the same rights and freedoms the rest of us enjoy.

The same could be said for sexism, sometimes I read things from the 70's and think 'wow how backward'. The same applies here, in years to come people will not understand anti gay attitudes, they will be considered (as they should be now) 'backward', under developed, uneducated and antiquated.
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Because it's just not natural and don't tell me you're born that way, you choose to be gay, period. I am anti LGBT everything
    And here we go.

Why are you heterosexual? Did you do that by choice? No, you were born that way. You go around all high and mighty, not having to worry about people not only hating you (even though they've never met you), taking your rights away from you, attacking you, and in some horrific cases killing you, because you simply CHOSE differently than the other person.

I am an open minded person, I am willing to put myself in the shoes of another and see things from their side. Your 'anti LGBT everything' statement scares the hell out of me. What scares me even more, is it is that very mentality that strips the LGBT community of their rights in the United States on a daily basis.

Homosexuality has been seen in the human race forever. It's also found abundantly in nature. Go check out the bonobo monkey on youtube! Yeah, cause they make that 'choice'. You don't get more 'natural' than nature. It is natural, very natural.

If you don't understand it, or if it's not for you, fine. There's nothing wrong with that. If it's simply an issue of lack of understanding, try educating yourself. But to make such a close-minded, inaccurate statement is just foolish.
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm opposed to the militant approach some people take when addressing their sexuality. Some of the time there seems to be a rather in-your-face kind of attitude that's presented, and I don't really understand the reasoning. I have family that's homosexual, and friends that are as well, but oftentimes it can get wearing when it's constantly brought to one's attention. Whatever happened to identifying oneself as "a baker" or "avid reader" or "fan of rugby" or so on?

I don't want to get a mental image of people doing their thing every time I have a conversation. It's one thing to hug or kiss or hold hands in front of someone, and it's a whole other bear when a person is constantly bringing up their sexual orientation. Sometimes I just want to tell them: I don't incessantly discuss my sexual escapades or proclivities, why do you? People aren't two-dimensional, and yet so often it seems to be the case when interacting with the homosexual community.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I took this statement off of a friend's status update and would really like some answers. I'm not trying to start a war but am interested to see what people will say..so here goes; "If you are anti-gay I want to know why, other than, "it's in the Bible"?

it can also harm the norm of a family where a child is raised by either two men or two women... the amount of abuse that child could receive is unfair, and it is hard for any child to not have a balance of having both a mom and a dad... just an honest answer.

I was going to stay out of this topic because I accept that you just cannot change a persons mind, especially on a forum, but this comment made my knee jerk so hard I practically gave myself a black eye. There is NO EVIDENCE whatsoever to prove that a child of a gay couple is more susceptible to abuse than a child of a straight couple. And as someone who has, briefly, worked in the child care field I can tell you that I saw PLENTY of straight people abusing their children.

Also, let's remember that any old straight couple could have a kid: a single one night stand and oops! She's pregnant and he's pissed and she knows her parents will kick her out if she comes home with a baby so now there's a child born into this world who gets left in a box at a fire station. Meanwhile, that gay couple who has been together for 17 years has put in another application to adopt and has been denied.

I'm not saying that ALL straight couples are bad parents and that ALL gay couples are good parents. What I'm saying is: there are good and bad parents of ALL orientations and being a good parent has nothing to do with what you do in the bedroom and EVERYTHING to do with how you treat your children.

Also, the 'balance' idea is complete BS. This is 2012, there are plenty of good, well-adjusted kids being raised in single-parent households nowadays (raises hand) and if one woman can do it by herself, then 2 men or 2 women can do just as good a job.

no but there are pleanty stats on families with kids that grow up without a mother or a father.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    if you are anti-gay you are wrong, and i hate you.

=]

Nice statement.
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    i dont care for sex, age, color, nationality, or anything like that!

Only personality

This is convenient because I turn blue sometimes.

LOL Dont mock my post!
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    I dont consider myself anti-gay I have several friends who are gay who I have hung out with by myself or with my family but with that being said I dont agree with the marriage of same sex couples.

Why not?
  • gemmalouise85
    gemmalouise85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Maybe we should let this thread die out..

everyone so strong minded and think op kinda got answer somewhere in here... we are all good people threas like this can cause hate in the whole forum if you see someone around who said something you didnt like.

now all shake hands and say goodbye

xx
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Sorry to break it to you but you are anti-gay.

Agreed!
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    I kid i kid...it keeps me from being mean.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Gas craic all the same

Why do people get so worked up about it.

If your evidence that being gay is wrong is the bible and you believe its against God, then why worry about it, your god will punish them as he sees fit(by making them talk to you for an age I would imagaine)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Because it's just not natural and don't tell me you're born that way, you choose to be gay, period. I am anti LGBT everything

Seriously? What a tolerant person you are

I didn't see anywhere in her response where she said she wasn't tolerant.
    While being "anti LGBT", this doesn't mean she actively hates on people.
    It may just be her view.
    While I'm completely and emphatically pro-life (another hot topic), I don't judge those who have abortions, nor do I picket Planned Parenthood clinics. My opinion is mine alone, and I don't judge others who don't carry the same opinion.

I feel it was unfair of you to insinuate she is not tolerant.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Maybe we should let this thread die out..

everyone so strong minded and think op kinda got answer somewhere in here... we are all good people threas like this can cause hate in the whole forum if you see someone around who said something you didnt like.

now all shake hands and say goodbye

xx
    Um no. If you don't like it then feel free to leave, ,but you're not in charge of when we end the discussion.
  • getfine2015
    getfine2015 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Ok personally it's not welcome in my life. If others want to do it, then I couldn't give a single *kitten*. I believe in the bible but I don't go around coining up phrases like anti-muslim, anti-catholic, or other stuff just because people believe and act different than me.
    THANK YOU!!!! I feel the same way. I have gay family members .... but we don't hang out or talk daily and when they do come around....I love them the more..Just don't approve of their lifestyle...same thing if they were a pimp or prostitute, gang-banger or drug dealer...I choose to love the sinner but hate the sin and there's nothing wrong with that. Its the same way you choose your friends...just because you choose not to hang out with a certain crowd doesn't mean you are ANTI-anything....
  • getfine2015
    getfine2015 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have gay family members .... but we don't hang out or talk daily and when they do come around....I love them the more..Just don't approve of their lifestyle...same thing if they were a pimp or prostitute, gang-banger or drug dealer...I choose to love the sinner but hate the sin and there's nothing wrong with that. Its the same way you choose your friends...just because you choose not to hang out with a certain crowd doesn't mean you are ANTI-anything....
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I have gay family members .... but we don't hang out or talk daily and when they do come around....I love them the more..Just don't approve of their lifestyle...same thing if they were a pimp or prostitute, gang-banger or drug dealer...I choose to love the sinner but hate the sin and there's nothing wrong with that. Its the same way you choose your friends...just because you choose not to hang out with a certain crowd doesn't mean you are ANTI-anything....
    ^^ exactly
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    People SERIOUSLY need to watch this. Yes, it's 10 minutes long, so what. Consider it 10 minutes of education.

For those that say the LGBT community isn't robbed of any of their rights, put yourselves in this man's shoes and tell me if you can say the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR9gyloyOjM&feature=youtu.be
  • camsamdad
    camsamdad Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I see you point and know what you mean but at the same time I do have a personal relationship with my friends we can agree to disagree. how is this anti-gay when they no my beliefs and I know there and we are still friends, still talk, still go out to eat.
This discussion has been closed.