Honest answers only

Options

Replies

• BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    To all of the people out there throwing out The Bible I just have a couple things to say. First is Love Thy Neighbor! I also want to point out that in The Bible it states that your body is a temple and you are supposed to take care of it and yet look at where you are... You are on a fitness website because you were gluttonous and became somewhat overweight or obese. Some of you probably even smoke, drink, starve yourselves to become thinner, steal, swear, say the Lords name in vain or worse. But hey Guess what we are forgiven even though we suck as a human race. Stop passing out judgement and learn to love the world. Get off your high horses for one moment and realize that no one is perfect but God! Thanks :-)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You didn't quite understand the previous comment before you got on your...Gigantic SOAP BOX......The comment was referring to the child of same sex parents becoming subject to teasing and abuse from other children....and let's be real...Bulling is a age old problem that ALL children will encounter at some point in their childhood....wether its being too fat,skinny,light dark,short,tall, freckles,glasses you name it some kid will encounter that type of peer abuse...why would anyone want to add GAY Parents to the list...beats me....If you want a child...get It the way it was intended....by copulation beteween a MAN & WOMAN.
    I'm curious. How do you think gay people get children, exactly?
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    It clearly say not bible related.

I'm anti, because is not natural. In the animal kingdom you need a female and a male to procreate, this is as I said not bible related.

The fact of having 'hybrids' animals doesn't mean those are homosexual, because that's the way they are, not males, not females.

I dislike when humans want to do whatever they want regardless of mother nature showing all around how it's supposed to be. not HUMAN rules of any kind, but just the wise mother nature...

I don't hate homosexual regardless, I just disagree it's non nature related meaning, but I let people be as long as they let me be too.

It's as much honest as i can get, so if you re gay out there, i don;t hate you or anything, i just don't like it, but I respect it.

Oh and since minorities always complain people must understand their postures, make marches and become victims, same for them, if they say they are fighting to be accepted, why don;t they make an example and accept not being accepted? Minorities or majorities way is not the rule where everyone must change to :). We are all so different so just accept each other point of view.

So, what of straight people who have sex for enjoyment and not for procreation purposes?
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    Question?
    There's plenty of derogitory names for gay people, but are there any for straight people?
    Think about it.
    Actually there are, but I will spare you the drivel. It is hateful to call people names. Period.

boring..hey what the hell is lgbt
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    As for me, I do think you are born gay or straight. Just like I think you are born a killer, rapist, child molester or what have you.
    I know you don't mean it that way but that's incredibly offensive.

I disagree -- there can be traumatic experiences in life that change your mindset and can change your character and well-being mentally causing you to become for example a killer, rapist, CM
  • Lyoung961
    Lyoung961 Posts: 2
    Options
    I don't think anyone said that. What thread have you been reading?
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    oh boy...why?
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to know what kind of damage anti-lgbt thinking can do to a family, they should the Lifetime movie "Prayers for Bobby" starring Sigourney Weaver, which is based on the book "Prayers for Bobby: A Mother's Coming to Terms with the Suicide of Her Gay Son", by Leroy F. Aarons, which is itself based on the true story of the life and legacy of Bobby Griffith, a young gay man who killed himself due to his Mother's and Community's homophobia.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You didn't quite understand the previous comment before you got on your...Gigantic SOAP BOX......The comment was referring to the child of same sex parents becoming subject to teasing and abuse from other children....and let's be real...Bulling is a age old problem that ALL children will encounter at some point in their childhood....wether its being too fat,skinny,light dark,short,tall, freckles,glasses you name it some kid will encounter that type of peer abuse...why would anyone want to add GAY Parents to the list...beats me....If you want a child...get It the way it was intended....by copulation beteween a MAN & WOMAN.

Right, so gay people shouldn't have children because THAT kid was raised that it was ok to bully gay people. That's stupid logic. 60 years ago, a black kid would have been picked on in school, too. How did we remedy that? Did we just stop sending black children to school? NO, the norms of society changed. If we change the norms of society and teach our kids to tolerate different lifestyles (instead of raising them in hate like we do now) then it won't even be an issue.

Also, you can only have kids 'the natural way'? what about a straight couple pursuing adoption? In vitro? Surrogacy?
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I took this statement off of a friend's status update and would really like some answers. I'm not trying to start a war but am interested to see what people will say..so here goes; "If you are anti-gay I want to know why, other than, "it's in the Bible"?

it can also harm the norm of a family where a child is raised by either two men or two women... the amount of abuse that child could receive is unfair, and it is hard for any child to not have a balance of having both a mom and a dad... just an honest answer.

I was going to stay out of this topic because I accept that you just cannot change a persons mind, especially on a forum, but this comment made my knee jerk so hard I practically gave myself a black eye. There is NO EVIDENCE whatsoever to prove that a child of a gay couple is more susceptible to abuse than a child of a straight couple. And as someone who has, briefly, worked in the child care field I can tell you that I saw PLENTY of straight people abusing their children.

Also, let's remember that any old straight couple could have a kid: a single one night stand and oops! She's pregnant and he's pissed and she knows her parents will kick her out if she comes home with a baby so now there's a child born into this world who gets left in a box at a fire station. Meanwhile, that gay couple who has been together for 17 years has put in another application to adopt and has been denied.

I'm not saying that ALL straight couples are bad parents and that ALL gay couples are good parents. What I'm saying is: there are good and bad parents of ALL orientations and being a good parent has nothing to do with what you do in the bedroom and EVERYTHING to do with how you treat your children.

Also, the 'balance' idea is complete BS. This is 2012, there are plenty of good, well-adjusted kids being raised in single-parent households nowadays (raises hand) and if one woman can do it by herself, then 2 men or 2 women can do just as good a job.

I couldn't have said it better!
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    It clearly say not bible related.

I'm anti, because is not natural. In the animal kingdom you need a female and a male to procreate, this is as I said not bible related.

The fact of having 'hybrids' animals doesn't mean those are homosexual, because that's the way they are, not males, not females.

I dislike when humans want to do whatever they want regardless of mother nature showing all around how it's supposed to be. not HUMAN rules of any kind, but just the wise mother nature...

I don't hate homosexual regardless, I just disagree it's non nature related meaning, but I let people be as long as they let me be too.

It's as much honest as i can get, so if you re gay out there, i don;t hate you or anything, i just don't like it, but I respect it.

Oh and since minorities always complain people must understand their postures, make marches and become victims, same for them, if they say they are fighting to be accepted, why don;t they make an example and accept not being accepted? Minorities or majorities way is not the rule where everyone must change to :). We are all so different so just accept each other point of view.

So, what of straight people who have sex for enjoyment and not for procreation purposes?

Agreed. OR the straight people who procreate and then abandon their child?
  • rgrewall
    rgrewall Posts: 22
    Options
    Seriously? this is a fitness website. Use it for what it's made for. geez. FYI, pro-gay.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Bumping this because this topic always fascinates me... for multiple reasons.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    edit
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    I base my views entirely on Soul music.. songs like "When a Man Loves a Woman."
    and "Watch Where You Stroke."
  • RoosMommy01
    Options
    If anyone wants to know what kind of damage anti-lgbt thinking can do to a family, they should the Lifetime movie "Prayers for Bobby" starring Sigourney Weaver, which is based on the book "Prayers for Bobby: A Mother's Coming to Terms with the Suicide of Her Gay Son", by Leroy F. Aarons, which is itself based on the true story of the life and legacy of Bobby Griffith, a young gay man who killed himself due to his Mother's and Community's homophobia.

I saw that movie!! Soooooooooooo good and I cried. That was very sad.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    " I dont understand how a guy can lay on the beach and look at another guys hairy azz and say, Oh yeah! I gotta have that. I aint leaving the beach until I see him!! --- Andrew Dice Clay
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    As for me, I do think you are born gay or straight. Just like I think you are born a killer, rapist, child molester or what have you.
    I know you don't mean it that way but that's incredibly offensive.
    How so?
    Comparing someone's sexuality to being a violent criminal doesn't seem offensive to you? OK... You're comparing sexuality to some things that I think we can all agree are morally wrong. Being gay is not a crime and it doesn't hurt people, like murder and rape obviously do.

Secondly you are saying that murderers, rapists, and child molesters can't help themselves. In that case they shouldn't be held responsible for their actions. Hey, that guy isn't bad; he didn't WANT to beat someone to death, he had no choice!
  • casnic25
    casnic25 Posts: 81
    Options
    :smile:
  • getfine2015
    getfine2015 Posts: 155 Member
    Options

Homosexuality and bisexuality are prevalent among non-human animals. We aren't talking about some kind of "hybrid" animals. I mean fully male animals have sex with male animals.

If sexuality were strictly for procreation, your point of view would make perfect sense. But that's not the case, and I'm sure you know that.
    Oh and since minorities always complain people must understand their postures, make marches and become victims, same for them, if they say they are fighting to be accepted, why don;t they make an example and accept not being accepted?
    That is just a ridiculous suggestion. Minorities should just accept that their rights are trampled on?
    That's thebiggest bunch of CRAP!!! I have ever Read!!!!.....But for your information( Minorities as you called us)...have long ago accepted not being accepted....we do understand that we will always have to work 100 times as hard to attain the same things that (NON MINORITIES) have offered up on a silver platter to them...But please lets not make this a MINORITY / NONMINORITY issue cause thats when it Gets UGLY....
This discussion has been closed.