Sleeping in seperate beds, what do you think?

Options

Replies

• klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine sleeping in a different bed than my husband, even if we aren't cuddling I just sleep better knowing that he's next to me.
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a sleep cuddler but if my husband gets out of bed in the middle of the night I'm like

hcpvR.gif
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a sleep cuddler but if my husband gets out of bed in the middle of the night I'm like

hcpvR.gif
    lol, you are definitely his wife.
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Wow! You really got a lot of feedback here on this topic!! From a lot of what I read. . . . . you definitely need to re-evaluate your relationship! There are a lot of questions I would ask you in regards to this situation, but based on what you have shared. . . . . . if you can't get to the bottom of this in a civil conversation and get an acceptable reason for(him) not sleeping with you. . . . . . . I say start looking for your own place and pack your bags and let him know that "the sleeping issue" is a deal braker! I've been married 30 yrs and my husband would NEVER Choose to NOT sleep with me, unless he or I had the PLAGUE! LOL!
    Seriously honey, don't waste too much time with this guy, you"re too young to waste too much time with someone like this. Ask yourself if you COULD really spend the rest of your life with this guy? Is he committed to you in every other area of your relationship? You deserve to have someone who WANTS to sleep with you!! Especially if that is what YOU want!
    Good luck!!! {{{HUGS}}}}
  • jran3
    jran3 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I enjoy sharing a King Size bed, but lets use the entire space for sleeping purposes hmmmm? You got your side, I got mine. Cuddle time is cuddle time, sex time is sex time, but when it's sleep time, get the f**k over to your side!
  • TISH27kidneytransplant
    Options
    Maybe you sleep like this

53269208062063656_Yxvht45y_f.jpg

I laughed so hard at this I snorted! lol, love it:laugh:
  • MWB_4512
    MWB_4512 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is either your ice-cold feet or your morning breath. He is just too polite to mention it.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My sister and her husband not only sleep in seperate beds, they have seperate rooms.

Reason being: he snores like a buzzsaw and she moves around in her sleep like she's in a Kung Fu movie.

They'll still get together in her room whenever they want intimate time, but when it's time to sleep he goes back to his room. They have a great marriage and love each other very much, they just cannot sleep in the same bed. While I do sleep in the same bed with my husband, I see nothing wrong with what they do.

Maybe either you or he do something in your bed while you're asleep that makes him want seperate beds.

Edit to add: My husband and I do sleep in the same bed, but we're both such cover hogs we have to have our own quilts. We ended up destroying our last comforter before we figured out we can't share.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Meh... my husband and I of 4 years sleep in seperate rooms right now... the mattress we have in the master bedroom is too firm for him... it hurts his back, so he sleeps in the other room... at least until we buy a new mattress.
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    Right now I am sleep deprived because my dear boyfriend snore!!!

So I vote for sleeping in 2 different rooms

I slept in the living room for months because I snore recently i've been allowed back in the bedroom, Its miserable not sleeping next to your wife.

Even though my wife break dances in her sleep i't rather be in bed with her than anywhere else.

SOMEONE ELSE WHO UNDERSTANDS MY PAIN!!! I miss my wife so much.
  • chameleon77
    chameleon77 Posts: 124
    Options
    Personally, I think the whole separate bed thing is cool. Separate bedrooms is even cooler. Nothing wrong with my relationship, we've been together for 10 years and although I do enjoy cuddling with him, when I want to sleep, I want my space. Right now we have a King sized bed and it works. But it doesn't mean there is anything wrong what-so-ever. Just a preference.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    my parents sleep in separate rooms because my stepfather snores badly and my mom hogs the bed. They've been happily married for 20 years.

It depends on your definitions.

My husband and I slept in separate beds for 6 months until I started MFP because I was fat and snored horribly. He needs sleep due to a medical condition.

If we have kids, there will be a twin bed in the nursery for me to sleep in until the kid sleeps during the night - again, because my husband's medical condition makes it dangerous for him not to be well rested.

It depends on the circumstances and what you can stand...
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options

kick him and tell him to roll over. lol I seriously do that to my husband, he snores but only when he sleeps on his back.

For the OP, King bed for sure. I never understood the separate beds or bedrooms. I heard on the news its a new trend with couples that live together. I like to be close with my man, If we need space then our King bed allows for it.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's grandparents sleep in two different rooms and they have for many years now. His grandma snores very loud, and his grandpa is a ridiculously light sleeper, so the two of them sleeping together is not an option if they want to have "a good night's sleep". However, according to his grandma, it makes the time that they DO decide to visit each others beds all the more special and fun. ;) Haha! They've got such a sweet and caring relationship going, that I seriously do not think that your boyfriend is not trying to be rude or hurtful; he is just being truthful. And for that you should be happy. If he has a hard time sleeping when there's someone in the bed next to him...then he has a hard time sleeping! Some people are just like that, and for you to want to break up with him just because of that...is...:(

Tell him how you feel, and and try to compromise if you truly care about him. If sleeping in separate beds for the rest of your life is something you absolutely cannot do, break up, I guess..

Now this is just adorable. :heart:
  • Starla_86
    Starla_86 Posts: 88
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your honest answers. I've decided this isn't worth ending our relationship over, it has nothing to do with how much he loves me but rather the fact that he has a lot of trouble sleeping with someone next to him and needs to be well-rested for work.

I was thankful that last night he at least tried it, it showed that he does care about our relationship and making me happy. He wasn't able to sleep though so we ended up going into our separate beds again. I'm not going to press the issue any more but just accept it.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options

Thought I was the only one in this situation! Sucks! I have to wear earplugs and I can still hear him through the wall!!
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Maybe you sleep like this

53269208062063656_Yxvht45y_f.jpg

Actually laughed my head off and sent this to my Friend who sleeps like this!!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    So... he tried it for one night and that proved to you he cares about your relationship? Alrighty then.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I couldn't deal with that. It'd get to me. I don't like sleeping alone as it is.
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    There is no way I would sleep in a different bed. That is just ridiculous to me. Maybe I'm crazy but if I'm with someone I want to wake up next to them for various reasons! I don't want to haul my butt to a different bed.