30 Day shred result?? Show Us your before/after pics!!

Options

Replies

• jlw536
    Options
    Wow, you guys have had awesome results. I just bought the dvd and am starting today. I fear the aches of days 1 through 4 from what I have been hearing....
  • squirmmonster
    squirmmonster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am on day 10 of this. I'm taking weekends off so 30 days is actually going to take me six weeks. Let's keep the thread up, though! I want it to be here when I have pics to post.

Edit: I've already lost a whole inch in my bust, waist, and hips. Just another confirmation from someone who thinks her workouts are great!
  • eviegreen
    eviegreen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Day 3 today and I couldn't finish. Made it through round 1 and half of round 2 and turned it off. I was so sore from the days before! My calves were burning from the second I got out of bed! I feel like a total lazy failure! I need some motivation girls!
    I have promised myself that I am going to take the dogs on a HARD walk tonight and maybe that will make up for not finishing.

Definitely take a day or two. The first day I did the Shred, I didn't even complete (only did 15 minutes) and I was so sore that I could barely move for two days. I took those two days to rest my muscles, and I completed the whole work out the next day (and treated that as Day 1). I completed the Shred in July to fantastic results (though I didn't take any before and after pics, unfortunately!), I definitely encourage you to stick with it. You can do it!
  • felblossom
    felblossom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've done 5 days of lvl 1, and I'm taking the weekend off. The first couple days I was SOOO sore but I kept working through the pain. I already feel so much stronger - on the first day I could only do 2 push-ups (modified!) and at day 2 I was already doing 5½, day 3 15, and now I can do the full circuit!
    I know weight isn't really the focus point here, since I'm gaining muscle and all, but I don't have a tape measure. My weight did stand still through the week, but on my rest days the pounds magically started falling off :P

Can't wait to see future results! :)
  • bethikabob
    bethikabob Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to mention that all 3 levels are on YouTube in case you don't want to buy/wait for the DVD to arrive :)
  • liittlebrunette
    liittlebrunette Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kmakar
    kmakar Posts: 103
    Options
    Same thing happened to me in April, also at 13 weeks. Two weeks later I started my journey to get back in shape and since I've lost 25 lbs, run two 5Ks, a 10K, and am four days from completing 30DS. you can do it!
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    So inspirational! I'm about to start my second round and will be sure to take pictures!! :D
  • mandachristine
    mandachristine Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bumping! I start tomorrow!
  • jenga727
    jenga727 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Is 30 Day Shred more intense than Insanity? All you guys' results from 30DS are awesome!
  • namaste1987
    namaste1987 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Arg! I was all jazzed up to do day 4 today, but I spent all my morning pounding the pavement putting out resumes and I now have a blister so big on the ball on my foot, I can barely walk! Hopefully it is less painful tomorrow and I can get back to it!
    Thank you for all the motivation you guys! You are all fabulous and look amazing!
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Is 30 Day Shred more intense than Insanity? All you guys' results from 30DS are awesome!

Actually it's not xD At least imo..
    But I seriously can't beat the results I get with it. :D
    Not sure what it is that makes the difference for my body, but apparently it's what I need!
  • namaste1987
    Options
    Anyone else here having trouble losing weight? I am always just undermy calories, and it says "will weight this in 5 weeks" but it has been 2 weeks and I haven't lost a pound! I m doing 30 DS and using my treadmill too. I almost never eat my excercise calories back either. HELP!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You are not eating your exercise calories back. That could be why. However, you don't really give enough information.... age, height, weight. And how many calories you are eating.

Also, take pictures and your measurements, you should be seeing or feeling a change there.
  • namaste1987
    Options
    I should be eating my excercise calories back? I have a hard time eating enugh calories to begin with. I am just under 5'8, 198lbs(been stuck there for a few weeks) I am on day 6 of 30DS and I jog/walk on the treadmill 3x a week. In addition to taking my dogs for long walks everyday. I usually eat between 1200-1500 calories. I just don't understand with all this exercise I am doing, the pounds should be melting away! I really want to lose some weight quickly because my wedding reception is in 4 weeks and I look the same as I did 2 weeks ago. I also want a job at lululemon and they only hire girls that are in great shape.
  • namaste1987
    Options
    You can have a lookk at my profile and diary if you want!
  • deksgrl
    Options
    Oh, dear. You are eating way too little.

5'8 and 198 at age 24, your BMR is approximately 1700 calories. This is your Basal Metabolic Rate, the amount they would feed you in a coma to fuel your basic bodily functions. TDEE means total daily energy expenditure, that is BMR plus all of the energy you expend for your daily life and working out. This depends on your activity level. This is the number where you would not gain or lose weight, also called Maintenance. You need to be eating somewhere between BMR and TDEE to lose weight.

I would start looking for some high calorie but healthy foods that will boost your calories until you can get up over 1700. Peanut butter, almonds, adding olive oil to your foods, things that won't be a lot more volume of food, but more calorie dense.
  • mitzhogue
    mitzhogue Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump?
  • tiddyd
    tiddyd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been shredding for about 2 weeks now. live in a small 1 bedroom with my boyfriend, so I've been doing the 30DS about 3x a week, working out at the gym 2-3x a week, then take usually Thursday and Sunday off. I feel silly asking the BF to go into the other room while I do Jillian, plus I don't really want him to hear me huffing and puffing and cursing her for those damn anterior/shoulder raises with a side lunge.

I can't afford a personal trainer and am too shy/new to exercising to do weights or anything at the gym, so while I wish I was doing Jillian's DVD everyday, I already feel more in shape and like I'm headed in a good direction! Can't wait to take new measurements in a month.
  • deksgrl
    Options
    If boyfriend is home, I do it anyway, even if he is in the room. In the summer, I just work out in a sports bra and underwear. Now he makes jokes about "naked squat thrusts" (that is what they used to call burpees in the old days). Hahaha, I just play along. He is supportive and does like the results.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!