Women 50+ for October

Options

Replies

• MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    So much to catch up on ... I hate it when work gets in the way of the rest of my life. :laugh:

Looks like a bunch of us need to have "Feel your boobies" as one of our monthly goals. I always forget!

I get all my annual stuff done in Sept. This time I also had a DEXA scan and they said my bones are fine but I do have "gentle" scoliosis of the spin. I guess that's why one of my shoulders is always higher than the other in pictures. Also, they said they were 'fine' but I think parts of them could be better. I thought I had above average bone density from being morbidly obese for so long, but apparently I'm just average.

Also, they sent all my lab results to my surgeon instead of my PCP, so I didn't get to see them. I won't see him until Oct. 23rd. Hopefully everything is okay. I'd be surprised if it wasn't. But it's annoying not to have them online with my other test results.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Susan: You don't look like you belong on this thread :laugh: You look way too young!

Thanks! Actually I'm ALMOSt 50. I'll hit the half century mark in exactly 4 more months. That's what made me decide to get serious about getting healthy. When I turned 49 I realized that I had spent all of my 4th decade overweight and wanted to begin my 5th decade healthy.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Just thought I would send good thoughts your way before heading out for the day. I'm going to work, then coming home and loading up for a family campout. It's supposed to be cold, but I plan to have a good time anyway. See you next week!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Just thought I would send good thoughts your way before heading out for the day. I'm going to work, then coming home and loading up for a family campout. It's supposed to be cold, but I plan to have a good time anyway. See you next week!

Have a great time!!!!

:heart: Kathy
  • plantlady99
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Morning All.

Getting to the gym soon. I just wanted to read some post b/4 I went.

I bought the Biggest Loser whey protein drink yesterday and had it after my workout. I did seem to have more energy through out the day. I hope this is and on going step in the right direction for me.

I will check in again later. I have to become addicted to this thread so I can stay on track. It was my only life line for me to lose weight. I don't care if I have to get up one thousand times... or sound like a broken record because I have fallen. I don't care I'm going to get to my goal.

• vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies,
    Today was weigh day after 2 1/2 weeks and I lost nearly 4 pounds. Yes finally. I think I will only weigh every couple of weeks .It seems to do better for me. I keep on track more. Have a great day ladies. For those of you with special weekends planned have fun. Going to bring car to shop now.
    Vicki M
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Wow Vicki Good for you!
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Morning Mary and everyone else!

I love to go camping in the NC mountains in the summer time. We haven't been able to go lately since my MIL has gotten worse with her Alzheimer's. It takes 2 people to move her now so it makes it hard to get away. I am getting away to the beach weekend after next with my BF. That will be a nice break for me but of course harder for my husband & son.

Yesterday wasn't that great of a day for me calorie wise but "Hope Springs Eternal" . Today will be better.

My daughter is on the way home from her Mission trip to Moldolva. The plane left Frankfurt this morning and will arrive in Chicago this afternoon. A 9 hour flight and making the connection to Greensboro NC. I'll be glad for her to get here!

Everyone have a great day!
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I have to become addicted to this thread so I can stay on track. It was my only life line for me to lose weight. I don't care if I have to get up one thousand times... or sound like a broken record because I have fallen. I don't care; I'm going to get to my goal.

:flowerforyou: THAT'S the attitude we must all have to win this uphill battle to get healthy in midlife. Never ever give up! I remember that month long plateau when exercise and eating right didn't make a smidgen of difference. Without the encouragement of this thread I seriously doubt I would have stuck with it.

And then I would have missed out on last night: Hubby and I were at the local steakhouse when we bumped into some folks we hadn't seen since April. I'm only halfway to my goal, but their reaction was more than worth every bite of bread or sweets I have denied myself along the way. Not to mention how much more energy I have now. (Even my libido has increased.) Maybe now I won't want all my photos to be from the chest up!

Happy Friday y'all! :drinker:
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,
    Another beautiful day here in the NW. Sunshine for a few more days before the rains hit on Tuesday (that's the forcast now anyway).

Whether you are doing well or you are struggling this is the place for you :smile: Several of you are doing so well on your weight loss and healthy eating. I have good days and bad and I think the good days are going to outweigh the bad now. I feel like I've had my battles the last 3-4 weeks and things are looking better! :happy:

Kathy, glad you're back to the thread. I've missed your daily posts. And if this is the only addiction we have it's a good one :laugh: Stay addicted!! :laugh:

Bye for now,
    Esther
  • sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: YIPPEE !!! Had my first weigh in this morning and I lost 4 lbs. I know that is too much for one week but I'm the type of person who needs instant gratification to stay motivated. I'm off to the grocery to stock up on healthy food for next week.

:smile: Congrats to all you ladies who are staying motivated, losing weight or maintaining.

:flowerforyou: Suezzzque: I'm proud of you girl. I'm afraid if I had a month long plateau I'd throw in the towel.

:love: mamacindy: hope your daughter arrives home safely.
  • Lianne95519
    Lianne95519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Today is a furlough day for the university :happy: so I plan on some shopping for my trip, exercise CD, dog walk and maybe some berry picking. I have been walking to the Leslie Sansone 4 mile walk at home CD the last 3 days (at work on my lunch hour in my office) and racking up lots of pedometer steps without to much stress on my bad left knee. I guess it is being in one place and on level walking surface. I can feel the difference and will see Sunday what the overall effect has been. I got my MRI yesterday and will see my doctor about possible surgery in two weeks. I have a trip planned to Austin to visit my dear friend Louise (I live in California) next week and I gathered all the items in my food program to insure a successful trip as possible. I am going to take the CD too. I really appreciate all of those who have shared. I have learned so much. MFP's tools have become second nature to me and I log my food everyday.

Drinking lots of water everyday:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Lianne
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies,
    Today was weigh day after 2 1/2 weeks and I lost nearly 4 pounds. Yes finally. I think I will only weigh every couple of weeks .It seems to do better for me. I keep on track more. Have a great day ladies. For those of you with special weekends planned have fun. Going to bring car to shop now.
    Vicki M

Great job!!! :flowerforyou: You must be so happy:happy: I am happy for you too!!!
    BirdieM:bigsmile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies,
    Vicki M

Hi Vicki,
    What a great plan. It is so important to find out what works best for you. I believe in being open minded to new ideas but that doesn't mean that you use everything, but that you listen to what others share. I tried weighing only every two weeks and I hated it, so I went back to my twice a day which works for me and when other people tried it , it made them crazy and they went back to what worked better.

I am so thrilled for you and your weight loss. You have been so focused and committed. I knew you would get good results.
    hugs:heart:
    Barbie
  • plantlady99
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Well, here I am again.

I just came from the fitness center (gym) what ever!!!

I had the best work out since June. I stayed there for 2 1/2 hours and burned 850 calories. I do believe the protein drinks are really helping. I will see later on in the day if that rings true.

I can't believe I was so close to being in the 150's in June. Now I'm working to get into the 160's AGAIN. :bigsmile: HOWEVER, I never want to get back in the 200's that is for certain!!!!! A long road but the scenery is fantastic WELL, sometimes. :laugh:

• jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I can't believe the number of posts since the last time I checked them out. This is great! There are so many wonderful success stories. The ticker's look great all. It's amazing how much weight some of you have lost.

The updated pictures are so cool. It's like everyone looks 10 years younger with the new pictures showing the weight loss.

Great job to those loosing. Hang in there to those who are stuck (like me). We can do it.

Have a great Friday all,

Jeannie
  • sparkyspal
    sparkyspal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    :mad: I am so mad at myself.. I have worked so hard in the past to take the weight off..now here I am 35 lbs higher than I want to be..or should be.. Today is the first day back to structure and sanity.. I did so well here when I stuck to the program..It's good to be back..

Pam
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Great job to those loosing. Hang in there to those who are stuck (like me). We can do it.

Jeannie

Speaking as someone who was "Stuck" for a little over a month, I'm saying YES WE CAN! Don't quit. Perseverance is the name of the game ladies.
  • janessmi
    Options

Okay you asked. Here's my fat picture next to the one taken day before yesterday.

SuzyQ, you look so much younger. I had a similar reaction at 49 years old. Last year my saying was 50 by 50. It meant lose 50 lbs by the time I turn 50 years. I started down the path pretty good then I started taking Lyica and gained most of it back. But I got back on the track again this year and seem to be beating the Lyica now. I have always looked young so I hope as I lose, I will look younger again. Unfortunately, the hair has lightened alot.

Best wishes all
    Susan
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks ladies for all the encouragement! I needed all of your comments. I am getting back on track (after gaining 6 pounds that I had just lost) :blushing: I guess you all have been there, done that!?! Let's keep on keeping on. :flowerforyou: