Women 50+ for October

Options

Replies

• jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I posted an H1N1 update from the hospital I work for under a post called h1N1 info. For those newer ladies I'm a user support person, but I work for a public hospital. Anyway, the post has the new guidelines for when to go to the doctors and when to stay at home.

Our hospital system had 3 times the normal weekend traffic over the past weekend. Most with flu like symptoms.

My apologies for not yet knowing how to post the actual link to H1N1 thread.

Stay healthy!

Jeannie
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Morning, amazing ladies over 50!

Fall is in full swing here and after a day of cold rain it is so nice to see the sun and enjoy the crisp air.
    Do enjoy reading everyones posts, both trials and triumphs.

DoobieDoo I know you can do this, just like I know I can. It is a long term commitment, I know you will find a way to break that old habit. Start today!

Time to get back to work. Alice
  • sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    added a weight loss ticker to my signature. just checking to see if I did it right. Well obviously not.
  • sheilajane
    Options
    WEIGHT LOSS TICKER HELP. What am I doing wrong ladies ? I created my ticker, copied the code, pasted it into the block on my signature page and saved changes. The only thing that shows up is the code, not the ticker. Help please.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Made it to the gym again. I am fighting this with all I have.

We can do this. We all have the will. I fell and I got back up AGAIN.

Today I started on the treadmill at a very high incline but not very fast. I felt like I was walking up the Flume in New Hampshire or walking up the steep hill in Alcatraz. :noway: Anyone ever try those??? It seemed to work. As the minutes went by I got stronger. Ended up on the elliptical swinging to my music like a crazy lady. Oh well, I am crazy!!!!!
    I hope I broke the downward cycle.

WE CAN DO THIS EVEN IF WE HAVE TO TRY, TRY, TRY AGAIN. What have we got to Lose. O ya FAT!!!!

:heart: Kathy
  • heartrw
    heartrw Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Took the kids to school and then went for a mile walk.

Suezzzque, I have a theory that when I have to push, my body is either one of two things. it needs to rest and I need to make sure I am eating right and getting enough sleep. The other thing is that it is going through a change and releasing weight and water.

For me, I know the answer is that I have not stayed on my food program and my blood sugars are high. When they are running a bit high, I am dragging. When I eat right, I have tons of energy. Right for me is no sugar and very measured carbs. No bread. My carbs need to be clean.

Hope this helps. All things are possible through Christ who strengthens me.

Hello KC Writer...

Everything you say is so true. The amazing thing to me is that once we stop shoving the high fat and high sugar stuff into our bodies...our bodies quit craving them.

I am responding to you because I love your ending verse and wanted to share one that uplifts me greatly...For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. 2Tim1:7 How cool is that. He gives it to me...all I have to do is use it!

Good luck to you! Terri
  • plantlady99
    Options
    WEIGHT LOSS TICKER HELP. What am I doing wrong ladies ? I created my ticker, copied the code, pasted it into the block on my signature page and saved changes. The only thing that shows up is the code, not the ticker. Help please.

Sounds like you did it right!!!!! Keep trying!!

:flowerforyou: Kathy
  • heartrw
    heartrw Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    [/quote

Hi there...just wanted to let you know the first time I tried to do the ticker it didn't work. I had copied the HTML code. Once I read the instructions I found I needed to copy and paste the BBCode (the top box) and like magic I had my ticker for my posts.

Hope this helps.

Terri
  • plantlady99
    Options
    [/quote

Hi there...just wanted to let you know the first time I tried to do the ticker it didn't work. I had copied the HTML code. Once I read the instructions I found I needed to copy and paste the BBCode (the top box) and like magic I had my ticker for my posts.

Hope this helps.

Terri

Good advice!!!!
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    A quick hello!!
    I had a little set back today but I'm not going to let that discourage me.:smile: I gained 1 lb:noway: But in reality, I have had a lot of days that I didn't exercise (because of being sick and then my back)and the wedding had food that I took a chance on calculating.:ohwell: Today is a new day:flowerforyou: I exercised and am now at work with a positive attitude!!! This week no events, so I can be squeeky clean:wink:
    Talk to you soon!
    BirdieM:smooched:
  • sheilajane
    Options
    [/quote

Hope this helps.

Terri

Good advice!!!!
  • sheilajane
    Options
    [/quote

Hope this helps.

Terri

Good advice!!!!
  • sheilajane
    Options
    I copied and pasted the first BHTML code and when it didn't work I did the same with the HTML. It still didn't work. I'll get my husband to help me with it tomorrow......he is the computer geek in the family....:wink:

Thanks for your tips.....maybe next time I post I'll have a ticker .....:smile:
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi Terri and all,

Thanks for the scripture. I love it. I am gonna read that one when I get in bed. I did really well, and then shoved a piece of cake in my mouth. I shoved in another until I remembered my goal for my birthday. I spit it out.

He, my mighty God, my saviour tried to talk to me but I didn't want to hear Him. Forgive me God and do not give up on me. Tomorrow is another day.

Question: Were sweets created by demons? Naw, couldn't be. could they?
    be blessed, kc

I am responding to you because I love your ending verse and wanted to share one that uplifts me greatly...For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. 2Tim1:7 How cool is that. He gives it to me...all I have to do is use it!
  • sheilajane
    Options
    HEY LADIES......I DID IT.....I NOW HAVE A TICKER !! Not going to tell you what I did "stupid" but I figured it out. Didn't even have to ask my husband for his help. :laugh:

Next question. I notice when someone is posting a reply to another person they copy the message they are replying to. How do you do that ? I assume it has something to do with the "quote" prompt at the bottom of the message but haven't figured out exactly how to do it.

I've only been doing this for 6 days so I haven't weighed yet. It will be a week on Friday so I guess I'll get on the scale. Maybe my little frog will hop a few notches on my ticker.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Teri, love that verse, thank you for the reminder. I am so tired tonight I can't see straight. So best to all I'm off to the land of Nod and taking Winkin and Blinkin with me.

Good night all. Alice
  • sheilajane
    Options
    Sweets were definitely created by demons; hence, "sinfully delicious devils food cake" for example.
  • Loving2014
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Hi Robinia,
    Welcome to the 50+ Women thread. This is the greatest group. Thank you for posting your gratitude list. A few years ago when my life was at a very low point, someone suggested that I start my day with a gratitude list. I've been doing that ever since and you are right that it keeps me focused on the right things and improves my attitude.

It helps me to read and post every day to be always in the company of people who have health and fitness as their goals and who will applaud my successes and encourage me when I falter.
    Barbie :drinker: :drinker:

Hi barb,
    Thank you for your welcome here on this message board. It is so nice and inspiring to be in company of those who are doing something about their goals as well.
    Blessings, Robinia
    My Gratitudes:heart:
    :flowerforyou: Stayed within calories again today!
    :flowerforyou: My dog went to the vet today and is okay except for some flea alergies.
    :flowerforyou: My sister got her dog back after having to give him away for a year!
    :flowerforyou: God is so good.

:flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Evening to all,
    I've had a busy day doing things that I don't normally do. I ate some stuff I don't normally eat so I spent a lot of time on the exercise bike burning up all the calories. Jake is in Ohio with his mother. He's lonely without me but glad he made the effort to go.

:flowerforyou: Kathy, it's great to hear about your visits to the gym. It sounds like you're getting back to being your former self at the gym. Music is so great for exercise.

:flowerforyou: HeatherMMB----one of my line dance teachers had fibromyalgia and she dances and hikes and stays active.

:flowerforyou: Birdie, I loved all your suggestions fo weight loss. Thanks for sharing them.

:flowerforyou: Peschuntz, I'm looking forward to hearing about your meeting with the weight loss doctor. I hope you'll share the good stuff you learn.

:flowerforyou: Doobiedoo
    Never, never, never give up :bigsmile:

This is my night for my hour long phone conversation with my cousin. I think I'll ride the exercise bike while I talk to her. Then I'll have enough calories to have a good snack before bed, :laugh: :laugh: although tomorrow is my weigh in day so I want to be careful.

hugs to all:heart:
    Barbie
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    HEY LADIES......I DID IT.....I NOW HAVE A TICKER !! Not going to tell you what I did "stupid" but I figured it out. Didn't even have to ask my husband for his help. :laugh:

Next question. I notice when someone is posting a reply to another person they copy the message they are replying to. How do you do that ? I assume it has something to do with the "quote" prompt at the bottom of the message but haven't figured out exactly how to do it.

I've only been doing this for 6 days so I haven't weighed yet. It will be a week on Friday so I guess I'll get on the scale. Maybe my little frog will hop a few notches on my ticker.

All you do is push the quote button. The quoted material will appear in a box that looks just the way it does when you do a post, except the quoted material appears at the top of the box, with the word "quote" surrounded by brackets appearing at the start and end of the quote. All you do after pushing the quote button is type your response UNDER all the quoted material. and when you are finished, click on the "post reply" button.

Barb