Women 50+ for October

Options

Replies

• msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Look at my ticker, look at my ticker, look at my ticker! I weighed this morning, and yes, I met my September goal of 8 punds! I'm so excited! Now join me in praying that my hip has improved enough that I get released from PT today.
    Have a marvelous Monday!
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Mary, hooray for you!! You are an inspiration!! I want to see a 5 pound loss this month. I'm back on track with my water, exercise and eating. Have a good Monday my FP friends!:flowerforyou:
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Mary that is awesome. 8 pounds in a month and 70 total. I want to get to that number. Good for you. Keep up the good work.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Vicki M

Wow committed. That sounds very impressive and very exhausting. Good Luck
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Wow, Mary outstanding. I am so happy for you! :bigsmile:
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Way to go Mary!

I weighed this morning and was down .5 lb after a week of being strict with myself. Maybe I was a little too much so. I'm going to try & eat all my exercise calories this week & see if that helps.

I'm also going into menopause and haven't had a period for 2 months but this morning there was a little there. So disgusting, I so want to be completely through with that phase of life!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    MamaCindy- Thanks for the recipe. We are trying to learn to eat sweet potatos in my house, so this is perfect timing and it sounds good. We try to add new veggies every year. My kids are basically green beans, corn and salad eaters. Mushrooms and sweet potatos are what we are trying to learn to eat for 2009. I are doing OK with mushrooms, but haven't started on the sweet potatos yet.

KC and Nancy - welcome back to the thread. It's always good to get back on track when life side tracks us.

Sheilajane- Candy suggestion. I buy candy I don't like, but my family does like. I can't stand things like starbursts or toffee/mocha kind of stuff, so I keep it around for my hubby and kids to munch on and it is no threat to me. It helps me learn to ignore the candy jar in general which helps when there are things in it I like. This time of year is the hardest with all the holidays coming at us over the next few months. Gratz on stopping at just one.

Mary - Congradulations on loosing 70 lbs! and meeting your goal. It is an inspiration to all of us. I hope you get out of Pt too. Good luck on your continuing journey.

I'm at work, so I best stop here.

Jeannie
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Sheilajane- Candy suggestion. I buy candy I don't like, but my family does like. I can't stand things like starbursts or toffee/mocha kind of stuff, so I keep it around for my hubby and kids to munch on and it is no threat to me. It helps me learn to ignore the candy jar in general which helps when there are things in it I like. This time of year is the hardest with all the holidays coming at us over the next few months. Gratz on stopping at just one.
    Jeannie

I do the same thing with soda too. PTL for hubbies whose favorite soda and candy is different than ours! Makes eating right a teeny bit easier.

Just finished my strength training. It never ceases to amaze me how much lifting weights whips my butt! Excited about a getting massage this afternoon! :happy:
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    We are trying to learn to eat sweet potatos in my house, so this is perfect timing and it sounds good. We try to add new veggies every year. My kids are basically green beans, corn and salad eaters. Mushrooms and sweet potatos are what we are trying to learn to eat for 2009. I are doing OK with mushrooms, but haven't started on the sweet potatos yet.

Jeannie

Well that recipe is a shifty way to get your kids eating a vegetable without them even knowing...hehe
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Hope all are doing ok - I got released from PT today, and have to fly to get dinner ready, as I am playing in a concert tonight. Have a great evening, all!
  • heartrw
    heartrw Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy October fellow 50+ weight loss warriors!. I am trying to blog once more. This time I followed directions on the weight loss ticker and went techno-nuts and figured how to upload a picture. I am starting to feel really smart, so I hope they both work.

I had a good September. I am staying on track for 2 pounds weight loss per week. This terrific web-site is my inspiration and the reason for my success. Looking forward to a great October!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Mary!

I'm down too but I'm not changing my ticker. I think it's just water weight because of my Half Marathon yesterday.

I'm so excited because I ran it in 2:11 and that's about 10 min. faster than I thought I could do. I was 81 out of 364 in my age group!
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi All.
    mary, I am so envious. 70 pds. Good for you.

Today I did great as always and then got into my kids cake we made for the contest at school. Oh, good grief. Where are my dreams for my Birthday. I've been trying to lose weight since I was ten years old. may I should just give up and croak.

Eegads, am I sick of myself. I gotta pull it together. Actually, I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

AND who cares about yesterday. Today I am happier than I ever was for the last 50 years. I got a great friend and two gorgeous grandboys who think of me as their mom. I gotta do this. Love ya all, and thanks for listening. kc
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Mary!

I'm down too but I'm not changing my ticker. I think it's just water weight because of my Half Marathon yesterday.

I'm so excited because I ran it in 2:11 and that's about 10 min. faster than I thought I could do. I was 81 out of 364 in my age group!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    That's great!
  • Georg
    Options
    Hope all are doing ok - I got released from PT today, and have to fly to get dinner ready, as I am playing in a concert tonight. Have a great evening, all!
    Good for you!
    You're amazing!
    wow!
    70 pounds!!!!!!!???????
  • Georg
    Options
    Way to go Mary!

I weighed this morning and was down .5 lb after a week of being strict with myself. Maybe I was a little too much so. I'm going to try & eat all my exercise calories this week & see if that helps.

I'm also going into menopause and haven't had a period for 2 months but this morning there was a little there. So disgusting, I so want to be completely through with that phase of life!

Hey! I'd be happy with .5 each week! :grumble:
    Good luck & take care.:flowerforyou:
  • sissy56
    sissy56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Lots of success to celebrate tonight. Congrats everyone. I looked at my journal Wed.-Sun. and realized I ate an entire day's worth of extra calories. On a better note, my husband and I did a 6 mile walk in the country yesterday, I did zumba tonight, and my husband (who has a second job working with hazardous materials) avoided getting blown to bits on Saturday. I have much to be thankful for. Have a good evening everyone.
  • sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Wow !! All you ladies are doing great !! Losing weight, being released from PT, learning how to use this darn computer........Proves we can do anything we set our minds to. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I walked for an hour this morning then worked in my yard for about 5 hrs. Did really well on my eating and actually had a few calories left over......YIPPEE FOR ALL US LADIES .
    Good idea to buy candy for the family that I don't like......problem is, there ISN'T a candy I don't like. A friend of mine told me that WalMart has a good variety of sugar-free candy and mints. She says she keeps them around the house to curb the sugar craving and says they taste great.
  • sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Good idea to buy candy for the family that I don't like......problem is, there ISN'T a candy I don't like. A friend of mine told me that WalMart has a good variety of sugar-free candy and mints. She says she keeps them around the house to curb the sugar craving and says they taste great.

Whoops.......disregard this.......I entered it here but also edited my last posting so it's on here twice. Still learning this stupid computer.:grumble: :grumble:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Hi Everybody,
    Jake left today for his visit to his mother in Ohio and I'm here with the dogs and cats. I always enjoy a few hours of having the house to myself but this is going to be nine days----much too long :sad: :sad: :sad: I took the dogs to the dog park right after he left and after dinner I walked the dogs and rode the exercise bike for 40 minutes and did my five sets of crunches.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Nancy, welcome back. Glad you decided to share your stress and frustrations with us. I am so sorry to hear about the shingles. My mother had them and I remember how painful they were for her. When my doctor told me about the shingles vaccine I raced over to get it and didn't even think about how expensive it was. I wish you a speedy recovery.

:flowerforyou: MacMadame, congratulations on your great time on the half marathon. I'm so glad that your hard work paid off. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Rosemary, thank you for reminding me to drink more water. Keep reminding yourself of your goal and the ability to resist all that food will get better.

:flowerforyou: SheilaJane---you are so right about getting away from the candy and tempting food. There is a lot of evidence that the longer you stay away from sugar, the less you crave it.

:flowerforyou: kc, I discovered that I have no idea what it means to "eat normal" If I want to be at a weight I like, then I need to give up eating as a recreation and stick to a plan like someone being treated for a life threatening illness.

:flowerforyou: Alice, I agree with you that it is hard to find something healthy to eat at festivals. It's easier at a restaurant where you can ask for things to be cooked a certain way or have sauces on the side.

:flowerforyou: Barb, I hope you had a great day off and will enjoy your new schedule

:flowerforyou: Mary, congratulations on your weight loss and for getting off physical therapy.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: heartrw, besides learning about healthy eating and exercise on MFP, it looks like you're getting a good education in computer skills. We're glad to have you with us.

:flowerforyou: sissy, glad to hear from you again. Take it one day at a time, and leave yesterday's actions in the past and make good choices today.

:flowerforyou: Susan, thank you for sharing all the healthy facts about drinking water.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Thank you all for your encouragement, wisdom, and good humor. I can't do this without you.
    hugs, :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Made it to the gym. It's a struggle but I'm not giving up.

:heart: Kathy