bump!
  • denyse176
    denyse176 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • tphagins
    tphagins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We like to do chicken breasts or boneless pork loins and a can of Campbells Golden Mushroom Soup... ends up being really tender and the soup ends up like GRAVY which is really good on whole grain rice!! (BTW - no water needed) -- cook on low while I'm at work.
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Saving this for later...with winter coming, my crockpot will be used a lot!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    My son is 14 1/2 months. Only thing I use our crockpot for is barbecue lil smokies, chicken and dumplings, and chili.

What are your easy, favorite dishes in the crock pot. Would LOVE some ideas you can throw together in the morning, and by dinner/lunch time its done.!

This is just a base. You can add veggies to it, you can serve it over rice or pasta or potatos.. whatever you want. Get creative!

for a family of 4 with 6oz. portion sizes....

4 boneless skinless chicken breast
    2 cans cream of (whatever) soup... we use cream of chicken.
    Half a cup of water.

Lay FROZEN chicken breasts in a pam sprayed crock pot. Dump both cans of cream of whatever on top. Add half a can of water. (these are the small/standard cans) No need to stir! Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours, or high 4-6 hours. Chicken will start to fall apart when pierced with a fork. Serve chicken with 1/2 cup of the "gravy". No need to add any kind of spices. Its AMAZING. Sometimes, we dont even add anything to it & serve it over rice or whatever... then with a veggie side! Use leftovers to make chicken & dumplins or chicken noodle soup! Just add stuff to it, toss it back in the crock pot & bam! two meals for one! =)

I have a blog ive just started about 3 months ago and it has lots of crock pot recipes! http://cookinwithevilone.blogspot.com/2012/09/crock-pot-taco-casserole.html (this is just one.. browse around & sign up for emails for new recipes! (i dont add but about one per week or so.)
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    http://greenlitebites.com/category/food-ideas/by-type/crockpot-ideas/

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/crock-pot-recipes.html

These are the two healthy food blogs that I follow and these crock pot recipes are AMAZING.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I love to do whole "roasted" chicken in my crockpot. I put down a bed of baby carrots on the bottom then place a whole chicken on top. Depending on what we are feeling, depends on what I season it with (Ex. cajun seasoning, herbs, lemon pepper, etc.) . We eat it for supper then I pull the leftovers apart and shred it to use later. On top of a salad, in a chicken wrap with humus, thrown into pasta or a casserole, or thrown in the freezer to put in soups/stews.

I'm also a big fan of slowcooker angel chicken. Here is a link to the website. I make a few changes to make it not quite so rich, but here's the recipe. Everyone at my house LOVES it! http://www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot-angel-chicken-163705

I do this also, but i also use a frozen chicken. After 2 hours, lift lid.. remove the bag of innards, then season. Amazing! (and ALWAYS cook chicken or turkey, ect upside down.. so the juices run into the white meat, making it much more juicy & tender!)
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wow I have collected enough recipes to keep me busy and fed for at least a month.
    Thanks everyone!
  • Danam48
    Danam48 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Rotel chicken

3-4 large frozen chicken breasts
    1 can black beans (drained rinsed)
    1 can Rotel (mild or spicy depending on your taste)
    1 can or corn drained or frozen corn
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup chopped yellow pepper (or red or orange)
    4 oz cream cheese (1/3 reduced fat--not fat free)
    diced jalepenos to taste (I used about a half of a small can)
    2 tsp taco seasoning

Dump it all into the crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours or until chicken is done. Dice or shred chicken and put back into the pot. Mine sometimes turns out juicier than other times so sometimes I eat it like a soup, sometimes I put it over brown rice, I think if you shred the chicken you could put it in a wrap. I serve it with a tbs of fat free sour cream if eating it like a soup. My favorite way to eat it is to scoop it up with tortilla chips. :)-
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Bump.

I do the salsa chicken, BBQ chicken and Buffalo chicken a lot, those are great.

Chicken Breast
    Can cream of mushroom soup
    Can diced tomatoes
    Can artichoke hearts

Serve over egg noodles.
  • mom2sons02
    mom2sons02 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Danam48
    Danam48 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Best recipe ever for roast beef sandwiches- I am required to bring it to all gatherings and people inhale it.

½ c corn/canola/vegetable oil

¼ c soy sauce

4 tsp Worcestershire sauce

2 tsp wine vinegar

1 tsp salt

1 tsp pepper

2 tsp lemon juice

parsley flakes (I used about a tbsp)

minced garlic (I used about half a bulb – 6-7 cloves)

2 tsp dry mustard

Mix all, pour over 2-3 pound arm roast in CrockPot.

Cook on low for at least 8 hours, then shred with forks.

I had a 4+ pound roast and used 1 ½ recipes..it was almost too much. 1 recipe should handle up to a 5# roast.
  • kbbauchle
    kbbauchle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Boneless pork steaks
    Large jar of sauerkraut (I rinse it really well to remove as much salt as possible)
    Bottle of bbq sauce (I try to find one with low carb/sugar)

Put in the crock pot in that order. And walk away. Cook on low for 8 hours or so.
    DELICIOUS!
  • Thirstygirl
    Thirstygirl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    bump