Sexy September Starters

Options

Replies

• SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Cindy,

I am so sorry about your loss. What a blessing to know that your brother's family is part of such a great church family. I will keep you all in my prayers and I know that the Lord will be your strength and comfort as only He can. Don't stress over last week. We all completely understand. Have a blessed weekend and know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jessica :flowerforyou:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Cindy, I'm terribly sorry for ur loss.
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Faced the scale this morning & much to my surprise i was down 1.5 pounds!

SW 150
    CW 144.5
    GW 135

Total weight loss is now 8 lbs!

That made my happy since our family has had a very stressful time.

I talked to my brother Friday. He said he was probably going to go back to the office this morning. And his pastor said someone in their Church has given them a trip to Orlando over the Holidays. That Church just keeps giving and giving.

Cindy
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    Oooh, I guess everyone's too busy to post.

Me; I stayed the same from last week

CW: 144
    GW: 135

I hope you all are having a good holiday season and making good choices when there are so many to make.

Remember don't get caught up in it all. One of the presents only you can give yourself is that of making good choices.

You'll be glad you did.

I hope to see you all back soon!

Cindy
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I weighed myself today I gained weight again. I'm 131.4. I have not logged on in two weeks or exercised got caught up with the holidays not good. Going to the gym today. Hope everyone else is doing well. Have a great New Years everyone.

Gina
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    Hey, Gina;

Well you aren't alone, I had gained 2 lbs back when I weighed this morning. I way over did it on the salt over the weekend so I'm hoping part of it is water retention.

I figured everyone had been really busy. We had a good holiday. My daughter came & spent Christmas eve through Sunday with us. And of course my son is here already.

I'm thinking everyone will get back down to business the first of the year.

Good to see you here again.
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    I'm about at the point of holiday eating where I feel like I need to just lay on the ground and everyone can rub my belly. :-) I had a great Christmas, had a good time with all of my family, got a breadmaker (I know, not the best weight loss tool, but I'm going to use it for good, not evil:laugh: ), and I'm so ready to get back on track. I have my food planned for tomorrow and I can't wait to feel hydrated and healthy again. I weighed myself tonight, and I'm actually not too upset. I normally weigh in the mornings, and I'm up a total of about 8 lbs from where I was, but tomorrow morning I will weigh a little less, and in a few days of eating healthy, I hope I'll have most of that gone again. I'm sure eating fast food twice in the past week, and about 100 cookies a day (only a slight exaggeration) has played a big part of my weight gain. I'm fat and happy though, and ready to be skinny and happy.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas, and is making plans for a great New Year!

-Alison
  • gnastro
    Options
    Hi Alison,
    You just made my day and made me laugh.Those darn cookies so irrestible! I feel better that i'm not the only one that has slipped over the holidays.I'm chunky and happy but I would be happier if ii had not gained the weight it took so long to lose. I will weigh in next tuesday after New Years. 2010 will be a better year for all of us I hope.Have a great NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!

Gina
  • SkinnyJess
    Options
    Well Ali, Cindy, and Gina...I am right there with you! I am back up to 151! :noway: Not being able to workout has been terrible!!! Usually when I eat a little extra, I work out a little more. Well this year, I ate more than I should have but couldn't workout. I am trying to do really well this week, but I am starting back on track completely on Sunday the 3rd. I know all the parties will be done by then. I promise to do my best this week though. We will get this weight off ladies! I know I am motivated and I hope you all are as well. I hope you had a blessed Christmas and I hope we all have a great 2010!

• mamacindy81
    Options
    Hey to Ali and Jessica;

Ali I hope you like your bread maker. I use mine all the time. Hubby asked me how much bread costs in the store & I had to tell him I really don't know its been so long since I've bought any. I usually use mine to do the kneading but still bake it in the oven because I don't like the kind of loaf my machine makes or the hole the mixing & kneading attachment makes. I usually make bread once a week sometimes two.

Jessica; glad to see you back and I hope you will be able to get back to exercising soon. Are you better?

Cindy
  • gnastro
    Options
    Hi Everyone ,
    Hope everyone had a great New Years!!! I TOM has come to visit so I may not weigh in on Tuesday. I have gone to the gym 5 days in a row. Hope I feel better tomorrow this cold weather is killing me.

Gina
  • SkinnyJess
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Well my stomach is still not healed up and it's not much fun. It doesn't hurt very often...unless I try to workout or just overdo it with household stuff. As a mom of 3 young kids, it's hard to "take it easy"! SO...I have a plan. I know some people won't agree with me on this decision, but I am going to start the South Beach Diet on Monday. I plan to do phase 1 for the 2 weeks as they recommend and then move on to the phase 2 and hopefully get this holiday weight off real quick! I was up to 153.5 today! I am bloated too from salt and stuff. If any of you have tried this diet before and have any advice I'm open to it. I hope you are all doing well and I'll keep you posted on my progress.

• ali258
    Options
    Mamacindy: Do you use regular bread recipes or have you found healthier recipes? I haven't figured out the calories yet for the recipes I have made. Mine also says it makes jam, so that's something I'm excited to experiment with.

Jessica: I think the South Beach diet is just fine. I've done it before, especially when I want a weight loss boost. Phase 1 is just really hard on me and going off of refined sugar cold turkey puts me in a bad, crazy mood. The last time I tried to start South Beach, I stopped around a week into it when I was crying because I couldn't eat rice. In my book, life is too short to cry over rice. So, I ate a big bowl of rice, and decided I'd rather be chunky than loony.

I actually just got back from the grocery store, and decided to try to eat mostly Core foods (from Weight Watchers). Has anyone here done Core? I used to do Core when I went to Weight Watchers, and it's a lot like South Beach, but with slightly different rules. Core is all about eating nutrient dense foods (lots of food for few calories), eating to satisfaction, and not letting yourself get too hungry. Basically, it's any fruit, vegetable, fat free dairy, eggs, lean meats, soy products, and brown rice/whole wheat pasta. (You don't eat bread if you do Core, but I'm not going 100%, just trying to stick mostly to those sorts of foods.) I'm still going to track my food on here and try to be mindful of calories, but I've done Core a few times without tracking calories and lost a ton of weight. I suspect that it's very hard to eat over 1400 calories (which is what I get per day) in Core foods. What I love about Core is that I lose weight pretty quickly (a fairly reliable 1-2 lbs per week). Let's hope that I'll lose that much now, since I'm not working out, like I usually do when I'm eating Core.

My biggest problem the last few days has just been depression. I've struggled with depression for a long, long, long time, and I used to take antidepressants when it was really bad. It's not bad now or anything, but it always gets worse for me in winter when I'm not outside in the sun and moving around very much. I feel sleepy CONSTANTLY unless I'm pumped full of caffeine, and I have no appetite but can still somehow manage to eat tons of candy if it's around. I don't sit around sad all day, but my depression is just a huge energy zapper. I know it will get better near the end of winter, like it always does, but I only have so much patience for feeling like a zombie.

I hope everyone is back on track from the holidays and starting to see that weight drop back off.

-Alison
  • gnastro
    Options
    Hi Alison,
    The winter also affects me I just don't feel like myself. I remember reading about a special light that mimics regular sunlight. It is called the Zandro artificial light. I don't know if it works maybe it will help you.

January 17 I start working with a nutritionist at my gym to see how i can balance my meals better. If I get any good info I will share with everyone. Hope this cold spell goes away.

Keep up the good work

Gina
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    Hey everyone;

I'm glad to report I am down another pound and down an inch in my waist.

Ali, I would start out using the recipes that come with your bread machine. You can easily start with half unbleached bread flour and half whole wheat flour for just about any recipe you want to make. Also adding a tablespoon of vital wheat gluten per cup of flour also helps make good loaves. (Walmart in the flour section) Enjoy your machine!

Gina; you are very blessed to get to work with a nutritionist. Pass along any tips!

I hope everyone has a good day & week!

Cindy
  • gnastro
    Options
    Morning everyone,
    I am 128.4 a small loss but still a loss. Hope everyone has a good week.

Gina
  • SkinnyJess
    Options
    Hello ladies!

I just wanted to say congrats to Gina and Cindy for the losses...it doesn't matter the amounts, a loss is a loss!!! :) I am 150.5 right now. Down 3 from last week. I had been down to 147 during the South Beach, but I was feeling too weak and had to add back in some carbs. Oh well!

Ali, I SO understand about crying over food! I was starting to miss stuff for sure and I was happy to enjoy a little pizza this weekend! :wink: I have done Weight Watchers at home program with the points but I haven't done the core program. I would be curious to check into that some more. I can't afford meetings, but I can just be smarter. I just have to choose to do it! Hope you are doing well!

Blessings to all of you ladies!

• ali258
    Options
    I lost 3.2 lbs this week! I've still got 3.5 left of my holiday weight to lose, but if I can get that off in the next week or two, I will be thrilled. I want to start seeing a real difference from my efforts.

-Alison
  • SkinnyJess
    Options
    Great job Ali!!! If you keep up the great work, you will see results for sure! Way to go!

• ali258
    Options
    How is everyone doing?