Petpeeves, what does YOUR partner do?

Options

Replies

• paul7799
    paul7799 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I don't have a partner right now. I guess some lucky gal will someday be mildly inconvenienced by my quirks and gross negligence.
  • It_never_ends
    It_never_ends Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    throws his clothes beside the dirty clothes basket, sets dishes on the counter beside the sink, plays music (instrument) till 2-3am, shaves his face and leaves the hair in the sink, uses a new cup for everything instead of washing the same one out.

Everyone needs to lighten up. This post isn't meant to hate on our partners, its just good humor.
  • It_never_ends
    It_never_ends Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    To start it off, here's a few of what MINE does.....

*He leaves the toilet seat UP!!

*When he opens a cupboard, he forgets how to shut it I guess!

*Flushes before he is done so OF COURSE theres pee in the toilet still.

Ready, Set, GO!!!
    OMG.. HE LEAVES THE TOILET SEAT UP...........

BET YOU LEAVE THE TOILET SEAT DOWN!

What a sad sad soul you are complaining about your man for pitiful things....... I hope he isnt on some site complainig that you are a whining person who has nothing more to do than be a complaining *****!

GAH!

No need to be a b*tch. She meant this in a fun joking way. We all love our partners they just do things that annoy us. She wasn't complaining. I think you need to get laid. :P

What a sad soul you are that you got this upset over this post. LOL Oh well at least you gave us someone to laugh at.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    To start it off, here's a few of what MINE does.....

*He leaves the toilet seat UP!!

*When he opens a cupboard, he forgets how to shut it I guess!

*Flushes before he is done so OF COURSE theres pee in the toilet still.

Ready, Set, GO!!!
    OMG.. HE LEAVES THE TOILET SEAT UP...........

BET YOU LEAVE THE TOILET SEAT DOWN!

What a sad sad soul you are complaining about your man for pitiful things....... I hope he isnt on some site complainig that you are a whining person who has nothing more to do than be a complaining *****!

GAH!

No need to be a b*tch. She meant this in a fun joking way. We all love our partners they just do things that annoy us. She wasn't complaining. I think you need to get laid. :P

What a sad soul you are that you got this upset over this post. LOL Oh well at least you gave us someone to laugh at.

Yep. It was all in fun. I know my husband is like "DAMN! She talks about her diet and exercise too much and it's freakin' annoying!" and "holy crap scoot over! we have a large bed for a reason!" (i am a cuddler and he is no... LOL he holds me until i fall asleep, but in my sleep, i roll over toward him and i become the "big spoon". lmao). We complain about each other, but in the end, I love all the quirks and crap he does. :smile: He wouldn't be mine if I didn't!
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a complainer so my few gripes

Will leave a car door open. No matter what if the car door is opened it gets closed, no matter at home, or in public

That's about it.
    About the only thing I can think of is something I was allowed to do once, and never again, which I can understand until I start thinking that I'll never get to do that again the rest of my life.
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    He does way fewer annoying things than I do. For sure. I am a giant pain in his butt.

Which is why I learned to cook.

And put out. lol
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    There's quite a few things that bugs me, but I'll probably just sound like a nag (as he's referred to me as before) so I'll be quiet :)
  • LonLB
    Options
    He does way fewer annoying things than I do. For sure. I am a giant pain in his butt.

And put out. lol

LOL......So you became the perfect wife?:laugh:
  • marie_cressman
    Options

And put out. lol

LOL......So you became the perfect wife?:laugh:

that's what i was thinking! LOL an awesome wife cooks and puts out. that's my motto. bahaha
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    She is real messy when she cooks, but i clean the kitchen when she does cook. We've had that routine since before we got married.
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    In the 21st century and the time of equality and men and women being able to perform the same tasks.....

I'm really surprised how many women here can't work a hinge (aka toilet seat), but we still let them vote :bigsmile:
  • marie_cressman
    Options
    In the 21st century and the time of equality and men and women being able to perform the same tasks.....

I'm really surprised how many women here can't work a hinge (aka toilet seat), but we still let them vote :bigsmile:

oi. you know if some of these people don't have the same sense of humor as you (and i) do you're going to get reamed for this comment. lmao
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    1. chews OATMEAL. who the hell chews oatmeal? and so loudly I just have to leave.

2. has a super-sonic smeller - can smell anything and every single smell drives her crazy and I have to figure out how to get whatever offending smell of the day out of her zone...WTF

3. never emptying pockets before putting clothes in the laundry.

4. insists I look up every unanswered question that comes up --- I'm going to get a t-shirt that says, "I'm NOT SURI"

5. when she calls, it's always prefaced, "two things........" that and the phrase "well, the problem is......" drives me f'n nuts.
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    I actually do all the non-cleanliness things that are HIS pet peeves. He is very clean and I never put away a dish or rinse it when I'm done using it, I leave my clothes all over the house, and I'm kind of a slob! I guess the thing he does that drives me nuts sometimes is repeat really long, detailed stories or scientific explanations of things that he's already told me multiple times before. But then he gets offended if I tell him I've already heard it, so I just listen. Also sometimes when I make dinner I'll tell him it's ready but he's screwing around with something and won't eat until 20 minutes later after I'm already done and the food is halfway cold.
  • bbaker172
    bbaker172 Posts: 93
    Options
    breaths.
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options

oi. you know if some of these people don't have the same sense of humor as you (and i) do you're going to get reamed for this comment. lmao

Probably :smile:

So long as they have some sense of humor, there is definitely a lack of it her sometimes
  • LonLB
    Options
    breaths.

WOW.....

Time to make like a tree it sounds like.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Not to be a 'Debbie downer' but.. Ahh.. I have a few but now that he has a terminal illness they are no longer a problem. I'll miss him when I won't see his empty pill bottles he leaves on the countertop for no reason other than being to lazy to toss them. I'll miss his tools being all over the place because he never put them back. I'll miss his dirty garage, his dirty truck, the dirty hunting clothes, the toothpaste in the sink. etc.

I'm sorry for what you are experiencing! On a similar but MUCH lesser note, I miss EVERYTHING about my spouse who is deployed. I hate that only my clothing is in the laundry, those dirty dishes are only mine, etc. I hate myself for wasting the energy being bitter or complaining, when love and partnership are such amazing things.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Walking outside sock footed, that annoys me! He does this in the snow even, I'll ask him to help me carry in groceries or something. He claims it motivates him to move faster, I'm just like put some damn shoes on!
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    I´m so greatful I´m single. I LOVE my freedom and not having to clean up after another grown up, it is enough to clean up after my daughters.
    Every time I feel lonely or wish I had a partner all I need to do is read threads like this one. :)