Petpeeves, what does YOUR partner do?

Options

Replies

• ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    he doesn't keep anything organized after i work so hard to get it that way. the fridge is the one place that drives me nuts 24/7. yet he says im the crazy one bc i organize the fridge LOL
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Leaves cabinets open. Takes off his big old boots and will leave them anywhere...steel toed boots hurt flesh toes!

He paces...he has ADD so he can not sit still so he will pace around..like there is an invisible line only he can see that he follows.

I must say though...in the 10 years we have been together, I have not once had to wipe pee off the seat or put the seat down. Though I have walked in there and even though he DID flush, it looks like something exploded....is it the angle? The force? What makes it just STAY there?

LMAO. It may be a combination of all 3, mixed with 'massive ****' that makes it look like theres some left behind. Lol.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I need a partner to complain about first....
  • RitaMarie88
    RitaMarie88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    my fiance PURPOSELY (even tho he swears it accidental) switches the babys bottles. they have colored tops and bottoms and i take them apart to clean them. when he makes a bottle he takes the time to put together the blues and whites and light blues and dark blues. he wont ever put bottles together right/right color
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    My biggest peeve lately is that my husband invites people over (or to come out on our boat with us) without consulting me first....it drives me NUTS!
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Pops/smacks/slurps/any noise possible with his gum.

Recently he has been eating cherry cough drops like mints.....and makes him smell like a hospital. so weird.
  • mss_anthropy
    mss_anthropy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My wife always looks awesome and it makes it hard to concentrate on what I should be doing. *Shakes fist* "Damn you, you incredibly beautiful woman."

lol that's too sweet......

my boyfriend brings his phone to bed....
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    my fiance PURPOSELY (even tho he swears it accidental) switches the babys bottles. they have colored tops and bottoms and i take them apart to clean them. when he makes a bottle he takes the time to put together the blues and whites and light blues and dark blues. he wont ever put bottles together right/right color

OMG, my guy does that too! He KNEW which nipple/ring/bottle goes with which. This by far aggrivated me. Maybe I am OCD because I like to match, and like things to match.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Mid conversation he will be talking about something I clearly have no idea about. And then says his famous words:

"I told you about it!"

Uh NO you just THOUGHT you did.

Hahaha! My hubby does this all the time, but it's not really a pet peeve. His mom just calls me to make sure that he told me about up coming events / parties.

The one thing that drives me crazy is when he asks for my opinion, but doesn't follow it. For example, he will ask me if he should do one thing or the other. I will say the one thing, and he will do the other. It can be as simple as what to wear or who to call, to big life decisions like job changes or large purchases.

My son has also inherited this trait. Drives me nuts!! Don't ask for my opinion if you don't really want it! :noway:
  • MMKE4ever
    MMKE4ever Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My husband always rushes me. He is so impatient. He throws his clothes everywhere. He doesn't make the bed when he gets up (he's the last one up because he stays up late playing xbox and whatever and sleeps late). Blows his nose in the shower. Gets the floor mat by the shower soaking wet because he doesn't dry off before getting out. When he has to sneeze and we are in the car, he sneezes on me, always! He thinks I need to answer to every cry that our kids make (they are 21 months and 3 years), even though I know they are fine. He doesn't care if our 3 year old (almost 4 year old) girl sees him naked. His breath always stinks. There is more, but I don't want to bore anyone.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    To all of you people who are complaining about what your partner does to peeve you off it's those little things that you're going to miss when they're gone. My husband isn't perfect. He does stuff that annoys me -- honestly, if the question was reversed I guarantee your SO's would have a laundry list a mile long of the stuff you do that annoy them! -- but in the end it's really not anything to get mad or upset over. I'd rather suck it up and deal with it then yell at him and get mad. I know that there will be a time in my life when I'm going to miss the trail of clothes that leads to where he's decided to plop his butt down, or the cabinets he leaves open after he's gotten a glass . . .
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    My hubby, as wonderful as he is, is always late. Everywhere, anywhere. He will dawdle along until we have 20 minutes to be somewhere and then he gets ready.

I am guilty of this :) But on a day that we are really running late (sometimes from me), halfway to our destination he says, Im gonna stop and get something to drink. Really? You cant wait till we get to our already late destination?

My husband is wonderfully patient in giving me time to get ready to leave the house, but when I'm ready to go, he'll jump up to go to the bathroom before we leave the house. I'll say, "You had ALL THAT TIME while I was getting ready to go pee, but you waited until I was ready to go to jump up and do that!" I swear, I think he does it to make me wait for him, since he waits oh-so-patiently for me.

I'd say that's pretty much my biggest pet peeve except when he interrupts me, which irritates me to no end. But overall he's a really good listener (I am a GREAT talker!), so I try not to make a big deal about it.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    To all of you people who are complaining about what your partner does to peeve you off it's those little things that you're going to miss when they're gone. My husband isn't perfect. He does stuff that annoys me -- honestly, if the question was reversed I guarantee your SO's would have a laundry list a mile long of the stuff you do that annoy them! -- but in the end it's really not anything to get mad or upset over. I'd rather suck it up and deal with it then yell at him and get mad. I know that there will be a time in my life when I'm going to miss the trail of clothes that leads to where he's decided to plop his butt down, or the cabinets he leaves open after he's gotten a glass . . .

Agreed - I joke that my husband is a saint because I know I am a total PITA. But I try not to let the little things bother me and laugh about them more than anything else, which I really think is the point of the post. All in all he's been an incredible husband so far and will do just about anything to make me happy, meanwhile I feel like I let him down all the time (totally self-imposed). I just feel like he is a better person than I am, but I try every day to do better :)
  • RBXChas
    Options
    im single at the minute, but my ex-gf had a realyl sarcastic sense of humour and it annoyed me at times! lol

I have a pretty sarcastic sense of humor, but my dad is super sarcastic, so I learned young where and when sarcasm is/isn't appropriate. I use sarcasm often but only when I know it will be received well.

Recent, inappropriate example from my dad: telling my 5-year-old niece that she smells and, when she takes it seriously and cries, instead of stepping back, apologizing, and explaining that he was kidding, picks on her for crying.

Did I mention that I learned young when it is/isn't appropriate to be sarcastic?

Somehow my mother has not learned in their 42+ year marriage how to take it or how to dish it back out (a skill I learned very, very young).
  • VeggyGal
    VeggyGal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's funny....mine (I've never had a bf that did this) kneals on the floor and lifts the lid and flushes as he starts peeing.
    weird! He also leaves clean clothes in the basket for days so when he finally puts them away they're wrinkly. huh? And he takes his math sudoku puzzle book everywhere he goes so if he has to wait he has them to do. Math is fun he says. And at the end of the day when its time for bed he takes all his clothes off and throws them on the floor and claims its for his kitties to smell his smell and lay on them. Strange,but he's my adorable sweetheart and I love him so I overlook these strange things he does.:heart:
  • VeggyGal
    VeggyGal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mine does that too, if I'm not ready sometimes he walks down the stairs before me. Geez and I'm a pretty low maintenance lady, I wonder what he'd do with a high maintanence lady. She wouldn't make the cut.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    I feel discriminated against lol

SINGLE!!!
  • rchiecuto
    rchiecuto Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    He repeats himself over and over. Drives me NUTS !

lol, that's my bf's pet peeve about me :P

him tho? he hocks loogies, a lot. it's gross
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I love how that there is no connotation that this post was meant for woman complaining about their husbands but it is listed as Petpeeves, what does YOUR Partner do ? And its like 12 pages of woman complaining about their men....

I can tell you one thing that I absolutely love about my wife -

She doesn't whine about things that I do on the internet.

I love my wife.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Mine gets bored with the arrangement of a room, so when I wake up on saturday mornings there's a good chance the bedroom or living room will be rearranged. He takes things I am using, furniture wise for my closet or whatever, and then uses them for himself. We've fought over a closet door before, lol :laugh: