Trim for Turkey Day October page!

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: on my line dance days I burn a lot of calories
    I took the dogs to the dog park and walked for 30 minutes and came home and rode the exercise bike for 20 minutes.
    :flowerforyou: usmcwife---congrats on your weight loss---I hope your daughter is better----kids are always more important than computers:bigsmile:
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    So far, so good...I burned 430 calories on the treadmill yesterday and 310 today. Tomorrow is going to be a challenge...my family have alot of birthdays in Nov so we decided this year to celebrate all together once this month for everyone. There are already 3 cakes on the menu!!! :grumble: I will have to wake up early and burn the calories before the cooking starts!!! Wish me luck :bigsmile: Hopefully knowing I am checking in with you guys will keep me on the straight path!:blushing:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    There are already 3 cakes on the menu!!! :grumble:

My motto is "Just say NO to birthday cake" :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • akgrant
    Options
    There are already 3 cakes on the menu!!! :grumble:

My motto is "Just say NO to birthday cake" :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

HAHA, :laugh: thanks, Barbie! I got up real early this morning so I can get on the treadmill...I burned 530 cal! That's a good start! I will NOT eat cake and blow all that hard work!! If I still have some energy tonight when everyone is gone, I will get on the treadmill again before bed!! Thank you!:flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I can't believe we have only 11 days left until turkey day!!!:noway: are we weighing in next thursday and thats the last one or should we do 1 last one the day before thanks giving ???
  • akgrant
    Options
    I can't believe we have only 11 days left until turkey day!!!:noway: are we weighing in next thursday and thats the last one or should we do 1 last one the day before thanks giving ???

I plan to check in on TD day... I need every single day to reach my goal! :laugh:
  • akgrant
    Options
    So my birthday gathering with my family is over and I did good! I DID get a small piece of cake BUT about a quarter piece into it, I looked at it and though this is not worth the calories and stopped eating it!!! That's HUGE!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I did not eat any cheesecake or the other cake or any ice cream! I am so proud of myself! :drinker:

Although my food selection wasn't the healthiest (had fried chicken) I got the smallest piece! I ate a ton of veggies to fill me up and I only drank water or diet pepsi! I moved around a lot instead of sitting and I ate small portion sizes so I was not stuffed.

I worked out in the morning and burned 530 calories and when everyone left I did 40 mins of pilates and burned about 100 cal. With all the exercise, I managed to stay within my calories today!:happy: :happy:

I have truly come a long ways!! Thanks everybody for helping me stay on track!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    So my birthday gathering with my family is over and I did good! I DID get a small piece of cake BUT about a quarter piece into it, I looked at it and though this is not worth the calories and stopped eating it!!! That's HUGE!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I did not eat any cheesecake or the other cake or any ice cream! I am so proud of myself! :drinker:

Although my food selection wasn't the healthiest (had fried chicken) I got the smallest piece! I ate a ton of veggies to fill me up and I only drank water or diet pepsi! I moved around a lot instead of sitting and I ate small portion sizes so I was not stuffed.

I worked out in the morning and burned 530 calories and when everyone left I did 40 mins of pilates and burned about 100 cal. With all the exercise, I managed to stay within my calories today!:happy: :happy:

I have truly come a long ways!! Thanks everybody for helping me stay on track!

wow:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: that is great:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    akgrant - that is GREAT! Don't you feel so much better knowing you enjoyed yourself, but didn't sabotage your goals?!

So, I didn't have a great day yesterday, calorie wise. It was my husband's company party and I had appetizers (homemade chickpea and bean and tapenade dips - healthy, but high calorie due to olive oil), then I had drinks. I had TOO many drinks!! I think that was my downfall. I ate only half my dinner, but then I had 2/3 of my dessert. Still, I danced for hours and had a good time. I haven't had a chance to log the calories, but I'm a little scared!! Well, buffet tables are my weakness and the spread of appetizers at the cocktail hour were too tempting. I find I just stand by the table and graze.

This makes me even more scared for the trip to Texas for TD. My mom has diabetes AND celiacs and yet she still eats fast food for EVERY meal. We're talking donuts for breakfast, McDonald's for lunch and Church's chicken for dinner type thing. I don't want to be like her - so dependent on food emotionally that I eat it even when it is killing me. I guess that's why I'm so focused on breaking this eating/entertainment/emotional crutch/treat/reward association. Sorry for the long rambling post.

Okay everyone - it is the "home stretch" - I'm happy to see so many so close to their goal!! I'm hoping to get close - maybe even still meet my goal, but it will be tough.
  • akgrant
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Thanks, JLBAY and BARBIE! Knowing I was checking in made all the difference in the world!

JLBAY, try to use your mom as your motivation to do the right thing while you are in Texas and you may become HER motivation!! My mom also has diabetes and high blood pressure and she lives with us. She has slowly started gaining weight and would just complain about it. She started noticing me working out and starting to look better in my clothes and without me having to say a word to her about her lifestyle, she just started working out again and watching her junk food intake! Sometimes our actions speaks louder than words!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: `

Well, I worked out again today, 4 days in a roll! :bigsmile: I did the 40 mins Hard Body Extreme total body workout and my muscles are so fatigued right now I can barely move!! That was pretty intense but I got through the whole 40 mins!!!

Hope everyone has a great week! TD is just around the corner!:happy:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: no applesauce making today:bigsmile: then hubby came home from his trip with a bag of apples:sad: :sad: :sad:

jlbay, I am always inspired to eat better when I am in the presence of people with terrible eating habits. i agree that you could be a good example to your mom.

I did "Sweatin' to the Oldies" this morning and the dogs danced with me sometimes standing up with their paws on my shoulders.:laugh:
  • akgrant
    Options
    The Hard Body Extreme total body workout was just that...extreme!! I could barely get out of bed this morning! I am sore everywhere! I think today may be a nice walk on the treadmil day! I will do the workout again tomorrow...I think!:laugh:
  • akgrant
    Options
    So I didn't workout yesterday because I was just in too much pain! I decided I needed to take a break! So I'm feeling pretty proud of myself for working out everyday until that point and staying below my calories so I decided to get on the scale this morning, just to see...up 2 lbs!!! :mad: :mad: HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN!!!! I felt so bad after seeing that! I almost crashed and went to mcdonalds for breakfast! But I didn't, I stayed good HOPING this is some water weight or something!! I just can't believe this!! What can I possibly do in 2 days to make my check in better??????!!!!!:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • jlbay
    Options
    So I didn't workout yesterday because I was just in too much pain! I decided I needed to take a break! So I'm feeling pretty proud of myself for working out everyday until that point and staying below my calories so I decided to get on the scale this morning, just to see...up 2 lbs!!! :mad: :mad: HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN!!!! I felt so bad after seeing that! I almost crashed and went to mcdonalds for breakfast! But I didn't, I stayed good HOPING this is some water weight or something!! I just can't believe this!! What can I possibly do in 2 days to make my check in better??????!!!!!:sad: :sad: :sad:

Wow, that is odd. I think I've read on here somewhere that your muscles can retain water when you are working out hard - but I can't swear to it. I'm looking for the thread, but I can't find it. I know how you feel, though. I really have to work hard not to let that scale get me down and remember that the exercise and eating well WILL make a difference. I don't know what else to say! Maybe drink plenty of water and weigh again on Thursday??

Don't let it get to you! You are doing great work and it WILL make a difference. Don't let one step on the scale set you back. Good luck and I hope Thursday has a better result for you. Try to stay positive - I know it is hard.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: akgrant, do not get discouraged. There is no immediate response to vigorous exercise. the scale doesn't know everything. Keep on doing what you're doing. continue to eat only healthy food and continue with exercise (after your day of rest) and you will see results. Don't let anything send you to McDonald's.:laugh: :laugh:

Never, never, never give up :heart: :heart:
  • akgrant
    Options
    Thanks JLBAY and BARBIE, you guys are great as always! I did get on the scale again this morning just to try to make some sense of it :huh: The "batt" warning came up and it would not display my weight!! The last time I needed to change the battery, I used what I thought was a new battery but something that was around the house. Maybe, just maybe this is the cause of the crazy number yesterday!!?? :grumble: I can only hope! I am going to go get some new batteries today so I can check in tomorrow!:laugh:

Thanks again for your support!!! Ready for check in??
  • jlbay
    Options
    Oh, yeah, battery issues on the scale can make it go haywire. Really, akgrant, scales are Evil.

I'm ready for weigh in. Actually, I've been having these GI issues, so I would be AMAZED if I haven't lost some weight. My doctor is treating me for "gastritis" but is going to make me get some tests. She says it is probably IBS. Great. I finally have my family's "nervous stomach." I'm actually having trouble getting in enough food to have energy. Blech. I don't like it when my body fails me. :sad: The doctor says it is probably stress - guess I need to learn to cope better.
  • jlbay
    Options
    Down 1.5 lbs! Oh-so-close to my TD goal. Still - I doubt I will lose 3 lbs in the next week, especially since we leave for Texas on Saturday. ONE WEEK till goal!! I'm so excited.

I've been feeling very impatient lately! I think about how much work and effort went into getting to this point - then I look in the mirror and I still see I have a way to go. I want to be happy with where I'm at and stay positive and focused! Sometimes it is hard - I just want to be at my goal already. After years of being overweight, I don't want to wait a few more months. I'm hoping we start our New Year's Day Goal Thread after this one to help me!

Good luck everyone!

08/27/09 - 168.5 (starting)
    09/03/09 - 165.5 (-3 lbs)
    09/10/09 - 165.5 (-0-)
    09/17/09 - 165.0 (-.5 lbs)
    09/24/09 - 162.5 (-2.5 lbs)
    10/01/09 - 162.5 (-0-)
    10/08/09 - 164.0 (+1.5 lbs)
    10/15/09 - 160.0 (-4.0 lbs)
    10/22/09 - 159.5 (-.5 lbs)
    10/29/09 - 158.5 (-1.0 lbs)
    11/05/09 - 157.5 (-1.0 lbs)
    11/12/09 - 156.5 (-1.0 lbs)
    11/19/09 - 155.0 (-1.5 lbs)
    11/26/09 - Thanksgiving

TD Goal weight - 152
    Final Goal weight - 135
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    hey guys,

still stuck in the 147s... at 147.6, i know it is because last weekend was my birthday, so i guess i should just be happy that i havent gained? i feel like i havent lost in FOREVER though, so that song and dance is getting a little tired. sigh, and i know it will be hard to leave when im home for turkey day :/ ..... just need to get my butt back in gear! i am doing well with working out, just eating is posing a problem with all of the special events lately... i just can't bring myself to deprive myself! i know thats bad, and its really what i need to work on...
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Down .6 only 1lb to go before Thanksgiving. Good luck to everyone, only one more weigh in. I will be posting Thanksgiving morning. Come on 1lb!:bigsmile:
    SW 163.8
    09/03/09 - 161.2
    09/10/09 - 157.2
    09/17/09 - 157.0
    09/24/09 - 155.8
    10/01/09 - 154.6
    10/08/09 - 155.6
    10/15/09 - 152.8
    10/22/09 - Out of Town
    10/29/09 - 153.2
    11/05/09 - 151.6
    11/12/09 - 149.6