Over 200 Club Back to School (open group)

Options

Replies

• awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    OMG !! Ok I am going to vent a bit.I am getting so frustrated this week .No loss by the way for me in fact the scale says I weigh in at 230 this morning.That is 8 pounds!!! I should be used to this retaining water and seeing the scales move up and down but it is so frustrating when I had been trying so hard.This past week I had a sinus infection and really couldn't exercise because I couldn't keep my balance long enough.So I wen tto the doc got meds and I am feeling a bit better now.This weekend was my middle childs birthday she turned 5.I ate so poorly this weekend.I went to a birthday party for my best friends little boy on the 16th (my daughter and her son share the same birthday and they are the same age)I ate horrible on the 16th ,17th and today.Can somebody please try to keep me in check and give me some suggestions onhow to stop mindless eating.I am not giving up not by any means because I know I can do this and I will but I am so frustrated with myself I guess because I expect it just to fall off .I know I didn't gain it overnight and it won't come off over night but it is beginning to be such a battle for me.I LOVE FOOD!!!! I am eating a lot healthier than I used to but I still sneak CRAPPY FOODS in every once in awhile and I get lazy and don't want to do anything!!! what do you girls do on these days?My life and my family depend on me losing this weight.I already have cervical disc degeneration in my neck and my doctor told me if I don't lose the weight it will only get worse faster instead of slower if I lose the weight.I know you girls can help !! please give me some tough love and keep me on track I hate being depressed about how fat and ugly I feel about myself.
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    awestfall - I'm sorry you are feeling ugly, but I let me say I got aquainted with your profile and I see a beautiful gal that is photogenic who has nice skin and lovely smile. Very pretty!!! I too love food, all kinds and especially things that are quick and easy to grab. Not always the heathy apple or banana. Birthday parties are time for splurging, but still track your calories to see exactly where you are. With being heavy being tired and lazy is from the extra pounds we carry around (according to me) So walk to the mailbox and go up and down stairs a few times, this will help fight depression. Something just to get you moving when you are not up to exercising. Tomorrow is a new week which will lead to a new month. Remember you are DOWN 25 pounds, that is something to be proud of. Don't lose sight! 8 pounds is a big deal I know. Maybe focus on just the next 5 pounds. Calories in vs. calories out seems to be the answer. Track it carefully crappy and healthy foods. It is much easier for me to eat better when no one else is eating warm cookies out of the oven. My family is trying to be supportive, but darn it they can have hundreds of more calories than I can. (I live in a house with all men). You are beautiful and you can feel beautiful.
    :flowerforyou:
  • mscocoa30
    mscocoa30 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi Awestfall, looking at your profile, I don't see fat or ugly. That smile of your dazzles baby. However, I do know about being depressed. I suffer with major depression. My struggle was no matter how I tried to fix myself up or no matter what positive things anyone had to say about me, all I saw was the negative. Trust me, I am 99.9% better with how I perceive myself now, but it is still a daily struggle. Anyway, I said all of that to say this, I am a firm believer in positive affirmations. Here are a few of the ones I use daily:

I let go of the past so I can create health now.
    I have the power to change myself.
    If I make mistakes, I am able to give myself the benefit of the doubt.
    It is enough to have done my best.

On another note, I think I've found a way for me to curb mindless eating and to cope with parties and stuff. I went to Costco and stocked up on a bunch of snacks that are 100 calories or less. I also watched the sugar and sodium amounts in my choices. I got sugar-free pudding, the Nabisco 100-Calorie Packs and some rice crackers with nuts to mention a few. If I know I'm going to be out somewhere for any length of time, I throw one or two of these in my bag.

I also try to plan out what I am going to eat. For instance, the other day a friend of mines, at the last minute, wanted to go out to eat at Friendly's. I quickly typed up their website and checked the calorie intake on several menu items. Trust me, I wanted something with bacon and cheese. Yum. Anyway, I opted for a crispy chicken salad. Then came desert. Just so happen they had sugar free vanilla ice cream and sugar-free hot fudge. I mean granted, I did end up going slightly over my fat and cholesterol intake for that day. But in the end, I went to sleep that night knowing I made the best choices under the circumstances.

So, anyway, pardon my ramblings. I tried to make a point in there somewhere...LOL Just some suggestions that I've been trying. It's all trial and error for me.

~Jay
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    It's kind of like when I quit smoking 2 years ago. Of course I had wanted to quit for years before that. But one day I woke up and thought "What am I doing?! I'm crazy!" and I just stopped cold-turkey. Yes, it was hard. Yes, it took a lot of willpower. And yes, to this day I may cave and have one cigarette every few months in a social situation. But I'm not a smoker anymore. I can breathe so much easier. I haven't had bronchitis or a major asthma attack since I quit. If I can do that, I know I can do this. So can you. :wink:

I stopped smoking a year ago...and in the first 4 months I gained 30 pounds...i am still trying to lose that weight...
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options
    Good morning, going to try to stay within my cals today?!!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hey Girls, good morning. I got up this morning and went for a walk while I was walking I became excited about losing weight again. I found my motivation again. I am looking forward to starting this week off right.

♦awestfall, I do not want to hear talk like that. You are NOT ugly. You are very lovely. I do NOT see you as fat. You are you, which is a lovely sweet lady who deserves to be healthy. Get Healthy girl. Your precious little girls deserve you to be healthy. Your husband deserves for you to be healthy. You are going to do this today. Now lets do this sister. C'mon.!!!!!!!!!!!

♦snowflakes, you are our biggest loser this week. Please choose a challenge for us. It can be anything last week it was no fast food. A couple of weeks ago it was wall pushups. It has been situps. Just a few examples. What ever you would like let us know. Great job on the weight loss this week. You are doing a wonderful job of being a great supporter as well!

♦andrea, Good morning!!!! you stay within those calories today. We are both going to do that today. I am proud of what you have done so far. Continue with that today.!!!!!

♦jlb123 never ever apologize for being excited about getting healthy. Never is it annoying. It helps motivate each one of us. Keep up the good work!!!

♦mscocoa, thanks for sharing. That was really good. so good I am adding it to this post so if anyone missed it they can see it again.

It is enough to have done my best. ~by mscocoa

:heart: Love that!!!!!:heart:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hello all I would like to join you guys if I Can. I have been on my diet now for about 2 weeks and lost like 6lbs, i know most of it is water weight I am sure of it. Seems like great support here and I need it :) I am currently sitting (as of this morning ) of 303.8.

I have lots to loose and trying to take little goals as i get soo depressed when I think of all the weight i need to loose...when you have to looose like 1/2 your weight makes me sad. My 1st goal is 275. The message boards over here seem very supportive., I am doing the alliplan, and I did it back in june and lost 15lb , then gained like 7 of it back , so back down to where i was when i stopped. I have started it again, i am very comitted to get this done.

Hi and welcome. We would love to have you here. We post our weight loss on fridays. We also put the percentage of weight loss for the week and who ever has the largest percentage chooses our challenge for the week. We are here to support each other and to help each other reach our goals. I think small goals are wise. When we have a lot to lose it gives a little victories that helps keep us on track for the ultimate goal... Glad you are here:flowerforyou:
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have a goal for myself this week. I will get out of the 250's I need to lose 1 more pound to do it.

I feel like I have renewed my motivation (again LOL...how many times have I said that this year?)

Today I have exercised 50 mins (420 calories) already drank 4 glasses of water, and eaten a healthy breakfast and snack.

Here is a good week!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone and welcome to anyone new!

Congrats jlb123! You are doing fantastic! Don't ever feel you have to apologize for being enthusiastic ... it can be motivating for the rest of us!

Most of you know that I've been struggling the last few weeks too ... had hit 20 pounds lost but now I've gained 3 of them back ... it's very frustrating. But my advice to myself today is to try to start again with just one meal at a time. It took me awhile when I first joined last April to really get into things, I'd lose a few pounds - then stay the same for a few weeks, then lose a few more ... but the point is ... I'M 17 POUNDS SMALLER THAN IF I HAD NEVER TRIED AT ALL! I think when we have so much to lose it can get overwhelming and we want it all now ... but it's important to realize that we are so much better off already than we were before, and we need to celebrate that and just keep on plugging along and then 6 months from now we will be better off than we are right now - no matter how fast or how slow the weight comes off!

I didn't have a good weekend foodwise... I knew it would be a busy, stressful weekend, but didn't make a good mental plan of attack for food. I went out to dinner with friends Friday night ... I made the mistake of trying to eat too light all day and gave in and ate a large lunch late in the afternoon when I was starving, and STILL had a burger and fries for dinner.
    I did do 90 minutes of exercise Saturday morning so I'm proud of that, but had Mcdonalds for lunch (so didn't make it through last week's challenge) and bad choices for supper. It was a very hard day because my cousins and I had to divide up my late Aunt's belongings. I was very anxious about having to do it ... It was very difficult for me to be in my Aunt's house - thinking she would meet me at the door or come around a corner any minute - it still doesn't seem real that she is gone. And then having to take turns choosing her things was very emotional. I got through it ... but didn't give a thought to what I ate that day. I'm very glad I got my exercise in though ... I told my cousins that I couldn't get there until mid-afternoon to give myself time to get in my exercise classes and then make the 2 hour drive. So I can be proud of myself about that!
    Then Sunday was my son's 9th birthday party with his friends ... I had done nothing to prepare so was frantically cleaning, getting decorations, cake, pinata and throwing together some games - once again I made the mistake of not eating ... so when the party was over I starting eating and kept eating until I went to bed! Aargh!
    BUT today is a new day ... I already turned down the muffin I REALLY, REALLY wanted to go and buy for breakfast and made oatmeal instead. But at lunch I had onion rings ... so back to 'one meal at a time' ...

Sorry I went on for so long ... Have a great day everyone!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    lstpaul, good idea one meal at a time. That is so much more "doable" then just fretting about the whole day. I agree We are better off then we were a few months ago. A lot better off. I think your game plan sounds good. I am feeling good about this week and I know you can do it too!!!!!!!

Wow, Jenn how exciting out of the 250's this week. I know you can!!!!!!!!
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hi - This weeks challenge is to log everything we eat. Good and bad so that we know where we are. This helps in relation to calories is vs. calories out. Also I would like everyone to try some kind of whole grain this week and report back and share what we each liked. Have a great week!:happy:
  • awestfall
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the kind words and encouragement.I am fighting this battle everyday and when I see the scale move up I feel like I am failing again but I am going to push hard for myself ,my family and all of you whom support me.Thank you so much I am not giving up the fight because I know I do deserve this.I didn't exercise today but I did eat alot better.I promise I am back to exercising first thing in the morning.Thanks again guys and gals I love all of you very much.
  • awestfall
    Options
    Hi - This weeks challenge is to log everything we eat. Good and bad so that we know where we are. This helps in relation to calories is vs. calories out. Also I would like everyone to try some kind of whole grain this week and report back and share what we each liked. Have a great week!:happy:
    Oh I love whole grain everything !!! We have no white anything in this house LOL!
  • awestfall
    Options
    Hi Awestfall, looking at your profile, I don't see fat or ugly. That smile of your dazzles baby. However, I do know about being depressed. I suffer with major depression. My struggle was no matter how I tried to fix myself up or no matter what positive things anyone had to say about me, all I saw was the negative. Trust me, I am 99.9% better with how I perceive myself now, but it is still a daily struggle. Anyway, I said all of that to say this, I am a firm believer in positive affirmations. Here are a few of the ones I use daily:

It is enough to have done my best.

On another note, I think I've found a way for me to curb mindless eating and to cope with parties and stuff. I went to Costco and stocked up on a bunch of snacks that are 100 calories or less. I also watched the sugar and sodium amounts in my choices. I got sugar-free pudding, the Nabisco 100-Calorie Packs and some rice crackers with nuts to mention a few. If I know I'm going to be out somewhere for any length of time, I throw one or two of these in my bag.

I also try to plan out what I am going to eat. For instance, the other day a friend of mines, at the last minute, wanted to go out to eat at Friendly's. I quickly typed up their website and checked the calorie intake on several menu items. Trust me, I wanted something with bacon and cheese. Yum. Anyway, I opted for a crispy chicken salad. Then came desert. Just so happen they had sugar free vanilla ice cream and sugar-free hot fudge. I mean granted, I did end up going slightly over my fat and cholesterol intake for that day. But in the end, I went to sleep that night knowing I made the best choices under the circumstances.

So, anyway, pardon my ramblings. I tried to make a point in there somewhere...LOL Just some suggestions that I've been trying. It's all trial and error for me.

~Jay
    Thanks so much for this reply> I really needed it.Seeing as how you know from personal experience that dealing with depression and the way you perceive yourself is hard.Thanks again so much for your kind and inspirational words my friend.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    I am ready for this week....Today it was nice I took my girls to the park, we only live a few blocks , i put my broken :( pedometer on, says I walked like 2200 steps , looking up on the internet says like that is about 1 mile, don't know if that is right or not, half the nubmers are messed up on it, i need a new one. But we walked from my house 1/2 way there, then my daughter had to go to the bathroom, so we had to come back to the house and then back to the park, i walked around the play ground and back again.

Every other day I do my biggest looser work out on my biggest looser game (usally kicks my butt, but I am trying).

I have been eating whole wheat bread, 45 cal a slice , every day i have been having grill cheese (with that and 1 slice of 2%milk ) and just using butter spray (0 cal), whole sandwich is like 140 cals.

Good luck to all you girls this week and hope this is a good week for everyone.
  • mscocoa30
    mscocoa30 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is similar to jennbarrette. I wanna see the 220's this week. For the past three days, I have been teetering between 229.7 and 230.1...LOL I think I know why. Although I had been working out everyday single day, it is also my TOM and I ate out yesterday and today. I did manage to stay within my allotted calories though. I just hope to get past this mini plateau.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Still taking it 'one meal at a time' ... had a bad day yesterday again calorie-wise ... don't even want to share how much I went over at supper - I even felt sick (aargh):embarassed: ...but I tracked everything. I had a great breakfast ... but now I'm already hungry, I think I'm going to make some oatmeal so that I don't overeat at lunch. Big workout night at the Y tonight ... 90 minutes - so that will be good - although I'm not looking forward to it .. I so much prefer to workout in the morning than at night ... but I go when I can fit it into my family schedule.
    I finally remembered to bring my water bottle to work today, so will do better with my water today.
    Have a good day everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    snowflakes, thanks for the challenge this week. I buy whole grain breads and cereals. I actually like the bread as toast with and egg white on top.

awestfall, everyone is behind you and we all know you can do this.

mscocoa, I know you can be in the 220's this week. You are soooo close. Good for you just think onederland is not too far away. Right now I would just love for my weight to start with a 1 even if it is 199.9. :laugh:

lildebbie, 2,200 is about a mile. Good for you. Keep it up and you will see results. I love making grilled cheese sandwiches with spray butter. That is how I have always made my kids grilled cheese. One day they ran out of spray butter and my husband had them use butter(I have never made them one with butter). They were in love. But I said no-way back to spray butter. They have survived and still love their sandwiches. Is that the biggest loser game for wii fit and if it is, Is it fun? Tell us all about it... I am debating between a wii fit and a wii active for Christmas.

lstpaul, one meal at a time. you can do it. keep tracking everything so you can see. Great Job on the 90 minute workout this evening. Good for you!!

Andrea, how did you do on your calories yesterday?

To all my girls in the over 200's happy weight loss today. :heart: you guys!!!!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Istpaul - Don't worry about yesterday, it's over & there's nothing you can do about it now except focus on today. I know how you feel though, because last Monday I was out of town on business & I spotted what used to be my most favorite fast food restaurant (there isn't one of these restaurants within 100 miles of where I live) I had been craving a burger from there for *over a year* so I stopped. I got my patty melt. I ate it. I wouldn't be surprised if it had 800-1000 calories. It was disgusting. I felt so sick all night and even the next day. So, needless to say I won't be craving one of those ever again. I know we can do this!

I'm having a decent day today. I just got in from a 45 minute walk on my lunch break. It's gorgeous outside! I'm still taking the stairs at work so I think that's a habit that has actually stuck with me now.
    Working 8.30am-9pm today, but I'm planning on doing 30 Day Shred after work tonight & maybe put in some time on my stationary bike if I feel up to it. Taking one day at a time is really working well for me these days.

:drinker:
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options
    Hello being bad today I am eating fast food...ughhh.